Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

impending war

Bizarro

i hope everyone who believes in God prays for all the people affected by this war that is about to begin. this war scares me much more than i thought it would. things are so precarious and one mistake or evil action could lead to horrible things. there are a lot of risks to innocent people and i hope they find shelter from what is coming. ill be praying a lot and hoping that God leads us all to a better day.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• Bizarro

• Curious

• Mr-X

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you think it'll help...

Aside from the obvious, its gonna be very interesting to see what we find when we're in Iraq and in charge. If our forces should find stockpiled quantities of WMDs, then Hans Blix et.al are going to look very dumb indeed. If we dont...

Then again, if Saddam has access to such weapons, he's probably going to use them in what might be the most effective way from his point of view: on Isreal, to draw the Isrealis into the conflict and cause a massive escalation - perhaps deliver some strategically placed middle eastern nations into the hands of radical islamists. It's what he tried to do twelve years ago - to split the coalition, strip away arab support for his enemies and make victory impossible for the allies. Certainly, there is all the potential for this thing to turn into an ugly, bloody regional war, which perhaps is what a lot of rabid fundamentalists on both sides would like to see. It difficult to say what might happen. Trouble is, hindsight only works in one direction.

Backwards.

Shack,

If the occupation forces find weapons of mass destruction, it won’t be Blix who will look dumb, but the U.N. Security Council. But about those weapons, and the possible devastation that is about to take place, perhaps a prayer is all we non-decision making, non-military types can do.

I definately agree that prayer is the best thing for us.

Its a very scary time, a little more scarier to me than the Gulf War but then I was only in 7th grade at that time.

Now I have loved ones over there and its a little closer to home.

Its the ordinary people of Iraq that I feel sorry for, they didn't ask for whats about to take place, they have been under the tyrannical rule of Saddam for so long, if the war could be fought with minimal civilian casulties then perhaps people will support the action but I don't think this will be the case. It will be these people who will pay the price and Saddam will probably be in an underground bunker.

I DO support action as far as getting this evil dictator out of power though.

I'm also worried because I have a few relatives over in Kuwait at the moment including a seventeen year old cousin.

I also know quite a few people in Kuwait, including my husband. I'm terrified of what may happen in the coming weeks. But then again, I always seem to imagine the worst. I'm still kind of new to the military wife situation. So basically, all I do is pray, and watch the news while I bite my fingernails until there's nothing left but nubs. unsure.gif

{{{HUGS}}} Curious sad.gif

This will indeed be an anxious, frightening time for many people. The important thing for you to do would be to find comfort and reassurance from others. Do you live on or close to a base? Try to seek out other military wives and plan activities and get involved with support groups. Don't try to handle the stress alone, it can be very debilitating. Always remember, friends and family are a great source of emotional support during tough times, don't be afraid to rely on them.

Magikman

I hope Korea doesn't get involved in this because things could get really serious. ie world war

Thanks for the hugs, they help so much!We are near a military base, which just happens to be my home town. After a two year tour in Spain, we were lucky enough to get back here. So I do have the support of family and friends, and they have been wonderful! But late at night, that fear comes sneaking up on me.... My husband calls me and teases me with little bits and pieces of information, then tells me I have to wait until he returns to hear the whole story. I drives me Nuts! wacko.gif

Curious,

I’m proud of your husband, and of you too for putting up with his line of work. You are both heroes to me, and I thank you both for your contributions to this country. smile.gif

Curious, you are both very brave, and you're

heroes to me as well.

Remember, you have friends on this forum

(and some stay up late at night). smile.gif

rolleyes.gif I agree with the above statements from all our friends here....Being an serviceman's daughter I know that during times like this military familes, stick close by to each other, and I'm sure it's the same over where you are.......

And feel free to Im us if we're around and feel the need to just waffle...... smile.gif a few of us are always around .....lurking some where smile.gif

i agree with Homer. i admire anyone able to bear that kind of separation. i go crazy when im just out of town for a few days because i miss my wife so much. some soldier i would make. user posted image

hopefully this will all be over soon and things will end well for you, Curious. smile.gif

Anyone living in London stay clear of the Victoria TUBE LINE. All BBC workers have been told not to travel along that line because of a possible terrorist attack.

There are unconfirmed reports that the bombing of Baghdad is underway... a convoy of troops have entered Iarq... US commandos have entered Nth Iraq via Turkey and are heading to Baghdad... planes are bombing military bases and airports... CNN has so far reported NOTHING! They are censoring everything til the US 8pm deadline... maybe so they can televise it at prime time on TV...

George Bush the coward did not even wait for the deadline... he's bombing a city at night while it sleeps... he even said that if Saddam and his sons go into exile he will still strike... from last December America's plan was to attack Iraq mid-March... just after the winter cold and wanted this war over within 6-8 weeks when the summer heatwave begins... a bleeping war of convenience... first it was weapons of mass destruction (which was never proven)... then it was links to Terrorism (which was never proven)... then they weren't happy with some bombs Iraq had that could fire an extra 15km... then they wanted Saddam to leave his own country...

The saddest day in modern history... sadder than Sept 11th... coz trust me, a lot more than 3,000 innocent lives will be lost today...

About a dozen U.S. and coalition warplanes dropped precision munitions on nearly a dozen Iraqi artillery pieces in the southern no-fly zone that could have been in range of American troops poised to invade southern Iraq... Some of the artillery was located on the Al Faw peninsula, between Basra and Iraq's Persian Gulf coast. Another strike targeted sites northwest of Iraq's border with Kuwait... The United States had been conducting around-the-clock reconnaissance of the artillery, and its forces had been expected to strike those targets out of concern coalition ground forces could be in range. There also had been concern some of the artillery could be capable of using chemical munitions... Warplanes also struck Iraqi cable repeater sites and command and control sites. In addition, at least one Al Ababil surface-to-surface missile launcher was struck.

When Bush's ultimatum expires, around 8 p.m. ET Wednesday, virtually the brightest moon of the month will be hanging over Iraq throughout the night, which is not considered ideal for the U.S. military which "owns the night."

A sad time for humanity.....sad.gif

Mr. X. did you go drinking again? please refrain from calling Bush a coward and citing examples of hearsay. if war had begun, surely we would see reports from 3rd party news that contradicts CNN.

btw, this topic was not a discussion about the war, but rather just a call for prayers for those involved. please don't try to make it into an argument by posting things like this...

shiver me timbers! this thread is getting serious!

indeed, my thoughts go out to all the boys and girls in the coalition forces, and all the innocent people who are inevitably going to get hurt or worse in what is i am sorry to say an avoidable but presently essential conflict. Mr. Hussain could have spared the world this outcome but he has elected to fight.

I personally believe President Bush is a lot more intelligent and world-savvy than a lot of people would make him out to be, its just the way he comes across to a lot of people, by all accounts those who work around and with him are impressed by his clarity of purpose and determination.

btw, i am convinced we will find WMDs in Iraq.

Thanks for the support and well wishes guys. It's nice to know that some people support the men and women who serve their country. He'd be honored to know he has your respect. (he visits the site, but never posts). And I'm grateful for you letting me have my pity party. I really appreciate you all, I really do.

Firstly my prayers are with every member of the forum with familly in Iraq , I wish for a quick end to the war and an end to Saddam and the Hussien familly rule in Iraq.

Secondly thank you Dshwatrz for such a carring topic of discusion .

and thirdly Mr . X . I think if Bush had not decided to attack before the deadline Saddam Hussien would have . After all the best defence is an offence right. huh.gif

In an attempt to set the facts straight(again), the coalition forces did not start the war before the deadline. What had transpired was nothing more than punitive surgical strikes against specific air defense systems, the kind of military confrontations that has been ongoing since the end of the first Gulf War.

On a second note, lets understand the nature of this deadline. March 17th was the deadline for diplomacy, and anytime after that date the shooting could start. On the night of the 17th, Bush gave a speech giving Hussein and his sons 48 hours to leave the country or a regime changed would be forced upon them. That wasn’t the deadline for military action, but a window of opportunity for Hussein and the kids to leave.

Had Hussein left, coalition forces would have still occupied the nation, to enforce the U.N. Security Council Resolutions.

Class dismissed

Sorry about the out cry people, but i've really had a bad week. I've had to sit down with 14 year old Iraqi youths in London (and Muslim) who are depressed and worried about loved ones in Iraq........ sad.gif

There are many Iraqies here X that went through the gulf war and can not even ring fammily members that are still over there to find out if they are O.K. It is very sad .