Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My views on Psychokinesis

Lumen

This is a bit of my thoughts on Psychokinesis and how it works. Some thoughts would be nice, help expand my helping you expand your mind.

NOTE: This is all my OPINION. This can hardly be called scientific fact, so bear with me, and enjoy my views on metaphysics.

A: Conscious Control of the Unconscious

It is possible to be able to have the unconscious side of your brain act while you are still conscious. In this I mean that your sub-conscious can act (and not just the controlling of the body's standard systems) while you are conscious, although the person affected may not have control over the things happening. We have evidence of this from simple observation. A man who is angry or scared can be made to do things that he normally would not be able to do. This is done by adrenaline, a chemical that the body makes when it receives messages of stress received by the brain. Example: A person is shooting at you with a gun, your adrenaline begins pumping, and you are able to flee at a much greater pace than you previously thought possible. In other words, it is possible for the subconscious to act, it just needs certain messages to happen for it to do so. To go a step further would it not be possible to be able to control what your sub-conscious does with conscious effort? Shouldn't it be possible for the human mind to be able to control what his body does. We have evidence that it is possible. Many Monastic Orders have learned how to do many things with their mind. Example: Some Order's Members have the ability to slow down their heart rate with conscious effort, some have the ability to take this so far as to make themselves seem dead. They can make their body slow the heart-rate to a crawl that even the most experienced physician couldn't monitor, their body goes cold, their lips turn blue, their brainwave activity is minimal almost non-existent, and their body can even enter rigor-mortus. And then they can come back, their blood flows again, their lungs suck in air, the blue tinge leaves their lips, their brain-waves come back up to normal, and their body temperature rises back to near 98.6 degrees. A miracle? Of sorts, yes. They have learned how to control their bodies systems with their mind, influencing the sub-conscious with their mind. Some people have even learned to control the sub-conscious of other people. One can actually control other people's unconscious movement. (Make a person who doesn't know your there pick their nose, or get a shy person to talk more openly) Due to the nature (supposed nature) of the subconscious, it is impossible to make a person harm themselves by willing them to. No making your grandma who pinches your cheeks poke herself with a needle while sewing.

B: Psychokinesis, some thoughts

Psychokinesis, the ability to affect the world around one's self by thought alone. Still thought to be impossible by most of the world's scientific community. It is considered a "supernatural" occurrence at best and scoffed at at nowhere near the worst. But the keyword here is supernatural, more specific, Natural. The ability known as psychokinesis is a completely natural phenomenon, it breaks no rules, it does not work outside the laws of physics. In fact, it is due to the way our world works that psychokinesis is possible at all. If the way magnetics worked was just slightly different, psychokinesis would not be able to work at all. Yes, I am saying that the ability to control the world around you with your mind is defined by magnetic fields of the world. Magnetics control and are controlled by the atoms and molecules that produce them, you can influence atoms by influencing the magnetic field around it, and vice-versa. We will discuss magnetics in a later part, but for now know that "PK", as psychokinesis is often named, is completely controlled by magnetic fields. When it comes to PK, people have a common misconception about it. They think that when a person does PK of a certain "type", such as pyrokinesis (fire) or photokinesis (light), that this specific type of PK is all they can do. It is not. If you have learned how to manipulate matter or energy in one form, then you can learn to manipulate other forms.

C: Study, Study, and more Study!

P.K. is not just a natural talent, it's a learned ability. It's like walking, or swimming. Some may be better than others, but everybody can learn to at least do the doggie-paddle. So if you find yourself suddenly throwing objects with your mind. Learn. Go online, explore the hidden world of PK, be careful of the freaks out there, and figure out why you have what you have. I personally suggest learning about PK from Christians. We have plenty of stories of ordinary people doing extraordinary things. But I digress, you need to study. Learn as much about physics as you can, magnetics will help to. Go to a library, use the internet, use wikipedia. Don't worry about being called a bookworm, or a freak. Who cares what they say, those who have small minds aren't worth listening to. BETTER yourself. Help humanity.

D: The Scientific approach

This is probably the hardest part of my essay. Explaining how PK works. Boy, definitely can't fill in all the gaps, but I'll try for what I'm worth. Anyway, first thing, remember that comment about magnetics? Yeah. It's back. Pk is caused by a shifting in the magnetic field of an object or even of the molecules/atoms that make that object. If you can influence the magnetic field of an object, your causing a change in the structure of the object. Any number of things could happen, depending on what your trying to do. You could A: tear apart all the molecules and dissolve the object into a puddle of grey slime, B: have the objects molecules become unattracted to the molecules below them, levitating the object, C: Change the way the atoms fit together, re-shaping the object at a chemical level, Warning: If you do this and don't know much about what type of atoms fit together to make something, you might make something poisonous to yourself. Yay Matter Conversion! Back on track. Okay, so we assume that if you can manipulate the magnetic field around an object you can do things with that object. The trick is learning how to manipulate EM fields. I have yet to learn this trick, but I'll post again when I figure out how. I think it is mostly trying to visualize something that I can't see.

E: All together now

Okay, so this entire jumble of random thoughts and funny non-nonsensical jokes actually has a purpose. I'll put it down in a quick list for those who don't have much time to peruse forum posts. And for those who missed a step or two in my post.

1. Learn how to control your sub-conscious functions, this is the hardest step, as it's the first. But, your dealing with your own body, so you shouldn't have much trouble. If you do, try meditation.

2. Study up a lot about physics and electro magnetics, these will help you make the switch from yourself to other things, this can be done while doing step 1.

3. Test yourself regularly, but don't get downtrodden about it if you don't get it quickly.

4. Believe in it, if you don't put fullest effort into it, your bound to fail.

5. Widen your mind, in order to be able to imagine large amounts of the tiniest thing our microscopes have seen yet, your gonna need some mental flexibility.

6. When your ready, try small stuff first. There is no real difference, but your more likely to succeed at small stuff just because big things seem impossible to move in the first place.

7.Have patience, this is likely to take years. It's a hard road, but stick to it and you will succeed with a much better result than you could imagine before.

8. Just a Final note, this is for the kinesis skills, not all the skills one can acquire, I don't know about clairvoyance or other non-physical skills. So don't ask.

I hope I helped...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luvnkind

• Valandis

• Lumen

• miyako

very interesting thanks for sharing this...

• 1 month later...
This is a bit of my thoughts on Psychokinesis and how it works. Some thoughts would be nice, help expand my helping you expand your mind.

NOTE: This is all my OPINION. This can hardly be called scientific fact, so bear with me, and enjoy my views on metaphysics.

A: Conscious Control of the Unconscious

It is possible to be able to have the unconscious side of your brain act while you are still conscious. In this I mean that your sub-conscious can act (and not just the controlling of the body's standard systems) while you are conscious, although the person affected may not have control over the things happening. We have evidence of this from simple observation. A man who is angry or scared can be made to do things that he normally would not be able to do. This is done by adrenaline, a chemical that the body makes when it receives messages of stress received by the brain. Example: A person is shooting at you with a gun, your adrenaline begins pumping, and you are able to flee at a much greater pace than you previously thought possible. In other words, it is possible for the subconscious to act, it just needs certain messages to happen for it to do so. To go a step further would it not be possible to be able to control what your sub-conscious does with conscious effort? Shouldn't it be possible for the human mind to be able to control what his body does. We have evidence that it is possible. Many Monastic Orders have learned how to do many things with their mind. Example: Some Order's Members have the ability to slow down their heart rate with conscious effort, some have the ability to take this so far as to make themselves seem dead. They can make their body slow the heart-rate to a crawl that even the most experienced physician couldn't monitor, their body goes cold, their lips turn blue, their brainwave activity is minimal almost non-existent, and their body can even enter rigor-mortus. And then they can come back, their blood flows again, their lungs suck in air, the blue tinge leaves their lips, their brain-waves come back up to normal, and their body temperature rises back to near 98.6 degrees. A miracle? Of sorts, yes. They have learned how to control their bodies systems with their mind, influencing the sub-conscious with their mind. Some people have even learned to control the sub-conscious of other people. One can actually control other people's unconscious movement. (Make a person who doesn't know your there pick their nose, or get a shy person to talk more openly) Due to the nature (supposed nature) of the subconscious, it is impossible to make a person harm themselves by willing them to. No making your grandma who pinches your cheeks poke herself with a needle while sewing.

B: Psychokinesis, some thoughts

Psychokinesis, the ability to affect the world around one's self by thought alone. Still thought to be impossible by most of the world's scientific community. It is considered a "supernatural" occurrence at best and scoffed at at nowhere near the worst. But the keyword here is supernatural, more specific, Natural. The ability known as psychokinesis is a completely natural phenomenon, it breaks no rules, it does not work outside the laws of physics. In fact, it is due to the way our world works that psychokinesis is possible at all. If the way magnetics worked was just slightly different, psychokinesis would not be able to work at all. Yes, I am saying that the ability to control the world around you with your mind is defined by magnetic fields of the world. Magnetics control and are controlled by the atoms and molecules that produce them, you can influence atoms by influencing the magnetic field around it, and vice-versa. We will discuss magnetics in a later part, but for now know that "PK", as psychokinesis is often named, is completely controlled by magnetic fields. When it comes to PK, people have a common misconception about it. They think that when a person does PK of a certain "type", such as pyrokinesis (fire) or photokinesis (light), that this specific type of PK is all they can do. It is not. If you have learned how to manipulate matter or energy in one form, then you can learn to manipulate other forms.

C: Study, Study, and more Study!

P.K. is not just a natural talent, it's a learned ability. It's like walking, or swimming. Some may be better than others, but everybody can learn to at least do the doggie-paddle. So if you find yourself suddenly throwing objects with your mind. Learn. Go online, explore the hidden world of PK, be careful of the freaks out there, and figure out why you have what you have. I personally suggest learning about PK from Christians. We have plenty of stories of ordinary people doing extraordinary things. But I digress, you need to study. Learn as much about physics as you can, magnetics will help to. Go to a library, use the internet, use wikipedia. Don't worry about being called a bookworm, or a freak. Who cares what they say, those who have small minds aren't worth listening to. BETTER yourself. Help humanity.

D: The Scientific approach

This is probably the hardest part of my essay. Explaining how PK works. Boy, definitely can't fill in all the gaps, but I'll try for what I'm worth. Anyway, first thing, remember that comment about magnetics? Yeah. It's back. Pk is caused by a shifting in the magnetic field of an object or even of the molecules/atoms that make that object. If you can influence the magnetic field of an object, your causing a change in the structure of the object. Any number of things could happen, depending on what your trying to do. You could A: tear apart all the molecules and dissolve the object into a puddle of grey slime, B: have the objects molecules become unattracted to the molecules below them, levitating the object, C: Change the way the atoms fit together, re-shaping the object at a chemical level, Warning: If you do this and don't know much about what type of atoms fit together to make something, you might make something poisonous to yourself. Yay Matter Conversion! Back on track. Okay, so we assume that if you can manipulate the magnetic field around an object you can do things with that object. The trick is learning how to manipulate EM fields. I have yet to learn this trick, but I'll post again when I figure out how. I think it is mostly trying to visualize something that I can't see.

E: All together now

Okay, so this entire jumble of random thoughts and funny non-nonsensical jokes actually has a purpose. I'll put it down in a quick list for those who don't have much time to peruse forum posts. And for those who missed a step or two in my post.

1. Learn how to control your sub-conscious functions, this is the hardest step, as it's the first. But, your dealing with your own body, so you shouldn't have much trouble. If you do, try meditation.

2. Study up a lot about physics and electro magnetics, these will help you make the switch from yourself to other things, this can be done while doing step 1.

3. Test yourself regularly, but don't get downtrodden about it if you don't get it quickly.

4. Believe in it, if you don't put fullest effort into it, your bound to fail.

5. Widen your mind, in order to be able to imagine large amounts of the tiniest thing our microscopes have seen yet, your gonna need some mental flexibility.

6. When your ready, try small stuff first. There is no real difference, but your more likely to succeed at small stuff just because big things seem impossible to move in the first place.

7.Have patience, this is likely to take years. It's a hard road, but stick to it and you will succeed with a much better result than you could imagine before.

8. Just a Final note, this is for the kinesis skills, not all the skills one can acquire, I don't know about clairvoyance or other non-physical skills. So don't ask.

I hope I helped...

what types of kinesis are suitable for beginners?

You appear to have a pretty decent grasp on the concepts of consciousness in general; good thread!

I figured since everyone just agreed Id give ya some constructive criticism, don't take anything I say offensive, even if it appears to be. I like the way you looked at this subject from.

A. I think a better example for the effects of adrenalin would better be about moms thats lift impossible heavy items of there young. Your example doesn't show so much the effects of adrenaline as it does the fear of being shot and the fact you move faster then you think possible is just a sign that you don't have your life threaten on a daily bases. Just IMO but I would change that around. And I could not find any mention of any monks ever preforming such a marvelous display of mind over body. So please provide a link or least tell me where you heard such I'm very interested. http://chemistry.about.com/cs/biochemistry/a/aa061903a.htm Id like you to read this cause I cant see why a monk would cause such a thing as to begin rigor-mortis. As far as I can tell once rigor-mortis sets in there is no coming back your body is dead. Now as far as being able to make someone pick there nose that would be more a conscious movement. Is say that because when a person sticks that finger up there its because something in there nose is bothering them and there trying to stop it. Now the subconsciouses movement would be the problem that your finger is after. Now ill try to explain that a little better Subconsciously you decided there was a problem in your nose whatever it might be then consciously you decide to go after it with your finger or whatever object someone might use. Now the example of making a shy person more talkable is right on the money. Of course again this is all my opinion.

B. Now the first part isn't actually true, the scientific part not the first part. Its not that most of them think its impossible, its that they have had a lack of reliable testing to study it. Mainly do to alot of scam artist and poor testing conditions. Scientist would love to be able to study such a phenomenon but you cant study something with out having the thing to study. Look into parapsychology really fascinating read.

If you have learned how to manipulate matter or energy in one form, then you can learn to manipulate other forms.
Did you read that in one of my post or did you come to the same conclusion like I did. I have being saying this very line since the day I signed up on this forum and this is the first time anybodies ever said it other then me. This is exactly what I say in every thread that ask how do i preform -kinesis.

C. Now I can agree with most of that except the going online cause honestly if you type in PK your going to get a load of crap. LOL Since there is no real record of anybody that has ever proved they could do such things, I'm doubtful the countless websites would give any real good help. Most of them sight fall into the if you believe hard enough it will happen theory and I just don't think its that simple. If it was there would be alot of kids all over the media moving things with there minds and since theres not I'm going to say that theory doesn't work. The other problem I had was your saying to learn PK from a Christian, when its quite clear by your first post that monks would have a better understanding then a Christian. Though I personally believe that religion has no part in producing Pk. Again just my opinion.

D.This is probably the most rational thing I have heard in this section of this forum. Id also like to give ya link that I came across that you might find interesting. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/...70302111117.htm Granted It doesn't have anything to do with PK it still provides so legitimate to your theory. Not really much that I disagree with I think its a solid theory and to be honest the best one I have heard yet. I personally will look further into this and thank you for putting it out there.

E. I agree with that there good solid steps but Id like to add in when you do your test that it could be wise to record it for your personal analyzes. So when you see the object move you can go back and look on the tape to make sure it wasn't just your mind tricking you and that you can examine if anything might of been influencing the object other then you. Just my advice.

All together though I like your theory, I like the stand you took and that you did your homework to make sure that you weren't way off. I figured I would comment and give you some thoughts especially since you asked for them.