Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Werewolves? Werebeasts? Fact or Fiction?

werewolf werewolves creature unknown dogman

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46    Truevision

Truevision

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

I have personally witnessed things that most people will never believe unless they see it for themselves, but even then people can find ways of disbelieving but thats none of my business.
I have no reason or desire whatsoever to mislead or lie to people, there is already WAY to much of that in this world and i for one will never add to that garbage, i share truth so others may see, even if they don't accept it, but that doesn't mean i'll share everything.

Coming together with an unbiased frame of mind too find truth is worthy and honorable.

#47    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

View PostTruevision, on 20 March 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

I have personally witnessed things that most people will never believe unless they see it for themselves, but even then people can find ways of disbelieving but thats none of my business.
I have no reason or desire whatsoever to mislead or lie to people, there is already WAY to much of that in this world and i for one will never add to that garbage, i share truth so others may see, even if they don't accept it, but that doesn't mean i'll share everything.

Why don't you stop being so cryptic and share some of your knowledge?

#48    AtlantisRises

AtlantisRises

Oderint dum metuant

• 2,432 posts

• My time has not yet come either, Some are born post humously

Ecce homo
    Nietszche

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:30 AM

View Postdr no, on 20 March 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

Where would the fun be in that? If he told you straight out then he wouldn't have the fun of feeling important while he slowly told us tidbits.

Posted Image

#49    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 3,007 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:58 AM

I'm not sure if they're real, but I've heard stories ofcourse. I had my own experience with something that might be confused for a werewolf, although I'm sure it wasn't.

One night I was driving home from work in the edge of the town. A road that goes through tree areas etc... so as I drove, listening to music, I almost ran over an unusually large coyote like creature who calmly made it's way across. I put on the brakes and was taken aback by the size of it. It was initimidating. I honked at it to hurry the hell up and then it stopped dead in its tracks and turned its head around and stared me down with its yellow eyes. I froze momentarily, it was just eerie the way it reacted. I got the vibe that it was a highly intelligent creature. Almost like an angry person. Now I'm not saying it was a werewolf, but it did a great job at freaking me out. Needless to say it was awhile before I took that road at night again.

Edited by Laurent, 21 March 2014 - 08:59 AM.

#50    Regina Fire

Regina Fire

Angry wolf girl

• 2,380 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

I'm not sure about werewolves that you'll see in horror flicks and on TV. Werewolves, like Dracula, are based on historic events. With werewolves from the name "wolf head", angry warriors taking on the appearance and mannerisms of wolves. Berserkers derived from fierce men who became like bears. They put on animals skins that included animal heads used as "hoods". People dressed as wolves using wolf skin and when they put on wolf heads, they took on the personality of the wolves. They experimented with animal behavior on a group of rugby players on some TV show and these men later said how thrilling and bizarre it felt, that hey became these animals in that moment.

Today some military officers wear animal skins at parades. (I know this because one officer had to wear it)  Werewolves are linked to an early form of ancient combat. It was the case in barbaric Europe and in the Americas.

I don't think a person can actually turn into a wolf physically but psychologically, erm yeah.
Now I do like snuggling up to a good werewolf entertainment though!

Oh yes, just forgot that I do also believe there are supernatural wolves.

#51    highdesert50

highdesert50

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

This might be a situation where Occam’s Razor can be used to remove an aspect of a theory that cannot be objectively observed or whose case cannot be argued on logical grounds. Therefore, is it really necessary to assume that a stocky creature that is able to walk on all fours and bipedally be a mythical werewolf? I would argue that there are far more logical and simpler explanations .... hmmm, a bear?

#52    Dougward5

Dougward5

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

• " silver bullets ain't cheap"
    www.realwerewolfhunters.com

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

While I do not think what is being spotted is a mythical shapeshifter , a lot of the Alabama sightings are  of a white critter...as far as I know polar bears do not range in this area...

#53    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,036 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

im having a hard time turning off my bull**** detector.

#54    theotherguy

theotherguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

• Just trying to get my post count up...

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

I was driving home one night. Little bit of cloud cover, but no visibility problems. Out of the forest on one side comes this man-sized, heavyset creature running on all fours, crossing the road about forty feet in front of my car. I only saw it for a couple of seconds, but I know without a doubt what it was: a bear.

Anecdotal evidence doesn't have the same punch when it reinforces the commonly accepted view.

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."  --Isaac Asimov

Conspiracy theorists are created by the government to distract us from what they're really doing!!!! Or not.

#55    born2run

born2run

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

• "I am afeared there are few die well that die in battle".
    King Henry V,Act IV. Scene i.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:13 AM

To say "something doesn't exist, never has existed, nor probably never will, is all well and good but when is almost absolute the answer to any question. Never is not the best word to use in dealing with "things" mankind has yet to fully comprehend their "nature" of. We like nice, neat  answers to our questions or the answers we get might not please up, make us unhappy or frankly, loose sleep over. Never rule out anything when it comes to nature and to the  "things" we don't like to think about.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. :no:

#56    Crom and Mitra

Crom and Mitra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

• Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as ravens claws

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

Interesting views everyone, most interesting.
Honestly until we kill one of the buggers (should they prove to be more than something we tell our children so they'll go to bed) drag it out and exhibition it for the whole world to see. I'm going to put my money on we'll choose ignorance is bliss or "swooping and screaming diving all around the car, Jesus Christ what are these god darn animals" and then quietly slip back into reality. Now that being said, say I'm wrong and you do run across one of these things. KILL IT, like what are you? A big nin? Just grab a yard of steel and lop it's bloody head off. That way you shut up everyone that ever doubted you and, you could probably get say 20-50 million for a ground breaking discovery of an unknown species, think about how much say somewhere like the smithsonian would pay for specimen like that. On second thought don't do that, I can foresee many a "Billy Joel" going into the woods never to be seen from again. Oh and on one final note. The part about the woman from Alberta, man that was just a regular wolf, whatcha talking about werewolves?!?

#57    Truevision

Truevision

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

View Postdr no, on 20 March 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

If you did read my posts from the beginning you would have found that i wasn't cryptic at all and just because it wasn't a detailed novel doesn't mean its cryptic, the rest is me simply not sharing anything else because i don't believe people are willing to believe me based on what i have already posted which isn't that big of a deal because being skeptical is healthy (its not the same as being a doubter) but coupled with the negative assumptions and doubt about my character based on nothing... well i lose interest in sharing, i think thats understandable, don't you?

Coming together with an unbiased frame of mind too find truth is worthy and honorable.

#58    Truevision

Truevision

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

View PostJGirl, on 21 March 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

im having a hard time turning off my bull**** detector.
Thanks for sharing lol
But in all honesty, these are my findings to say the least, there is no way around it now, there are upright large wolf like creatures out there.
I originally posted this to simply share, believe me or not, honestly i get nothing from it, i check this forum once in a few weeks.
Its my experience in this matter that im sharing, i have no intent in lying to anyone or making these events more then what they were, i share and then move on for the most part, i may not be replying for much longer because i have done my part, but if you don't believe me, how can you believe anything anywhere? anything can be BS if you think about it and personally i think its pathetic for people to make up junk and tell people its the truth, i can't stand liers, this world has enough of them, im not about to join that loser group.
It all does sound some what fantastic, but im not the only one who has reported on such things, there are many other people out there, not all of them are lying or wrong.

Edited by Truevision, 27 March 2014 - 10:20 AM.

Also tagged with werewolf, werewolves, creature, unknown, dogman

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users