Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dennis Rodman visits North Korea & President

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,904 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

March 3, 2013

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,031 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

The 21st century version of Hanoi Jane.
Will he be as lambasted or because he's a sportsman will he get a free-ride?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,192 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

We have more people in prison than anyone...but I suppose they're all innocent and we're all guilty.   Americans...the worst people on earth, but not our illustrious leader(s).  Obama doesn't "preside" over our prison camps, and I suppose they're not "camps", but more humane compassionate metal and concrete cages with climate controlled environment, three hots and a cot.  I'm not sure what the difference is that really matters here, but it boils down to nationalism and politics.  

Kim Jong Un probably said he'd wipe the US off the map - another convenient snippet from some larger statement put into its own context and served in a giant vat of kool aid for the doopy dupes.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  

We should pay Rodman to go back.  Nowhere to go but up.

Edited by Yamato, 05 March 2013 - 07:00 AM.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#4    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,770 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

He has been too bizarre to avoid being lambasted (actually I think ridicule is more likely).  I'm amazed the North Koreans don't realize this and avoid him, but I suppose they will take any voice they can get.

#5    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,192 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 05 March 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

He has been too bizarre to avoid being lambasted (actually I think ridicule is more likely).  I'm amazed the North Koreans don't realize this and avoid him, but I suppose they will take any voice they can get.
So if he was less "bizarre" he wouldn't be lambasted.  Don't kid yourself.   Leader worship is a global pandemic.   Bizarre it ain't.  It's the voices like acidhead and me that realize the useless buzz of low level static that blabbering and bickering about political differences is that's the more bizarre.   These manufactured conflicts and silly little war games that politicians play with each other are far more useless and counterproductive than balling on the court.   This is a bridge between the US and the reunification of the Koreas and it should be pursued enthusiastically.  I would think that someone who's (actually?) from Vietnam to be the first person to understand.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#6    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,031 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

As far as North Korea is concerned, the only way the Koreas will be unified is under North Korea.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
Only I will remain.

#7    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

Wait a sec..hats? Are you saying that the only way Korea will be united is under the north? I don't see that happening...and I usually don't disagree with your take on things

"I'm struggling to say what I want to... but you hurt my brain so much with your nonsense..."

Quote of the week: "When are people going to learn? The rapture is like a health inspection. They don't anounce when they're coming, otherwise you could let things go all year and clean everything up right before they come. The plan is to catch you off guard, so they can see what state things are kept in an on going basis." - ZeddKnite

#8    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,593 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostTwilightSilver, on 05 March 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

Wait a sec..hats? Are you saying that the only way Korea will be united is under the north? I don't see that happening...and I usually don't disagree with your take on things
Well it nearly happened didn't it?

#9    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,031 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostTwilightSilver, on 05 March 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

I'm saying that the North Koreans won't ally with the South. They want to RULE the South.

Only I will remain.

#10    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,770 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Actually, thinking about this, I wish him good luck.  Odds are they will just use him for propaganda and he will use them for publicity, but there is a chance that he could catalyze a break in North Korean attitudes.

#11    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,192 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 05 March 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

As far as North Korea is concerned, the only way the Koreas will be unified is under North Korea.
Well the South feels the same, I'm sure.  That's the essence of the challenge.

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,770 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

It's useful to look at a picture of the Korean Peninsula from space at night and see how brightly lit the South is and how dark the North is.  Kinda a metaphor for the difference in their two systems.

#13    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 05 March 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

It's useful to look at a picture of the Korean Peninsula from space at night and see how brightly lit the South is and how dark the North is.  Kinda a metaphor for the difference in their two systems.

Agreed frank the first time i saw those pics it was a bit of a attention grabber.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#14    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,358 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

I just looked at the picture of the Korean Peninsula at night and it reminded me of North America. Just nothing but lights in the south and darkness in the North.

I watched the interview and I have to say that he really doesn't know whats going on there.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#15    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostYamato, on 05 March 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

Well the South feels the same, I'm sure.  That's the essence of the challenge.

I don't think the South is that interested in unification. Dealing with millions of starving and brainwashed people would cause their economy to tank.

And Rodman is completely out to lunch. North Korea is rather close to hell on Earth and you praise the guy who keeps the system in place. Well hey at least you involved relations right? Oh what's that? Best Korea has vowed to end the cease fire agreement and thus restarting the Korean War? You should have let Kim win more basketball games.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users