Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dennis Rodman visits North Korea & President

acidhead

The 21st century version of Hanoi Jane.

Will he be as lambasted or because he's a sportsman will he get a free-ride?

We have more people in prison than anyone...but I suppose they're all innocent and we're all guilty. Americans...the worst people on earth, but not our illustrious leader(s). Obama doesn't "preside" over our prison camps, and I suppose they're not "camps", but more humane compassionate metal and concrete cages with climate controlled environment, three hots and a cot. I'm not sure what the difference is that really matters here, but it boils down to nationalism and politics.

Kim Jong Un probably said he'd wipe the US off the map - another convenient snippet from some larger statement put into its own context and served in a giant vat of kool aid for the doopy dupes. Wash, rinse, repeat.

We should pay Rodman to go back. Nowhere to go but up.

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 2

He has been too bizarre to avoid being lambasted (actually I think ridicule is more likely). I'm amazed the North Koreans don't realize this and avoid him, but I suppose they will take any voice they can get.

• Like 1

He has been too bizarre to avoid being lambasted (actually I think ridicule is more likely). I'm amazed the North Koreans don't realize this and avoid him, but I suppose they will take any voice they can get.

So if he was less "bizarre" he wouldn't be lambasted. Don't kid yourself. Leader worship is a global pandemic. Bizarre it ain't. It's the voices like acidhead and me that realize the useless buzz of low level static that blabbering and bickering about political differences is that's the more bizarre. These manufactured conflicts and silly little war games that politicians play with each other are far more useless and counterproductive than balling on the court. This is a bridge between the US and the reunification of the Koreas and it should be pursued enthusiastically. I would think that someone who's (actually?) from Vietnam to be the first person to understand.

• Like 1

As far as North Korea is concerned, the only way the Koreas will be unified is under North Korea.

• Like 1

Wait a sec..hats? Are you saying that the only way Korea will be united is under the north? I don't see that happening...and I usually don't disagree with your take on things

Wait a sec..hats? Are you saying that the only way Korea will be united is under the north? I don't see that happening...and I usually don't disagree with your take on things

Well it nearly happened didn't it?

I'm saying that the North Koreans won't ally with the South. They want to RULE the South.

• Like 5

Actually, thinking about this, I wish him good luck. Odds are they will just use him for propaganda and he will use them for publicity, but there is a chance that he could catalyze a break in North Korean attitudes.

As far as North Korea is concerned, the only way the Koreas will be unified is under North Korea.

Well the South feels the same, I'm sure. That's the essence of the challenge.

• Like 2

It's useful to look at a picture of the Korean Peninsula from space at night and see how brightly lit the South is and how dark the North is. Kinda a metaphor for the difference in their two systems.

• Like 5

It's useful to look at a picture of the Korean Peninsula from space at night and see how brightly lit the South is and how dark the North is. Kinda a metaphor for the difference in their two systems.

Agreed frank the first time i saw those pics it was a bit of a attention grabber.

I just looked at the picture of the Korean Peninsula at night and it reminded me of North America. Just nothing but lights in the south and darkness in the North.

I watched the interview and I have to say that he really doesn't know whats going on there.

~Thanato

• Like 1

Well the South feels the same, I'm sure. That's the essence of the challenge.

I don't think the South is that interested in unification. Dealing with millions of starving and brainwashed people would cause their economy to tank.

And Rodman is completely out to lunch. North Korea is rather close to hell on Earth and you praise the guy who keeps the system in place. Well hey at least you involved relations right? Oh what's that? Best Korea has vowed to end the cease fire agreement and thus restarting the Korean War? You should have let Kim win more basketball games.

• Like 2

This is all you need to know:

Hilarious ...

The State Department is repeatedly said to be distancing itself from the trip, but I wonder which one?

I guess the humor in the picture is the contrast between the effeminate costume and pose and the masculine tattoos and cigar. It certainly is "in your face" and therefore no doubt disturbs many, which is also no doubt why he did it.

The man was a first-class athlete, which tells me he was willing and able to work hard and smart enough to play well.

Rudy Giuliani dressed in drag multiple times, and then he ran for President. He's white though, so it's okay.

• Like 1

Rudy Giuliani dressed in drag multiple times, and then he ran for President. He's white though, so it's okay.

Those who pull the race card should be taken out back and flogged.

If Dennis Rodman is really trying to help I see nothing wrong with it.

As for Rudy Giuliani, I'm not sure about President but he'd make a fine first lady :tu:

giuliani.jpg

Edited by Betrayal of Humanity
  • Like 1

Rodman is an idiot and Kim Jong Un is definitely an evil dictator. But the last I checked, we're not currently at war with NK. So Rodman can do whatever he wishes as far as I'm concerned.

Those who pull the race card should be taken out back and flogged.

If Dennis Rodman is really trying to help I see nothing wrong with it.

As for Rudy Giuliani, I'm not sure about President but he'd make a fine first lady :tu:

giuliani.jpg

The right wing that voted for a very white and correct Rudy Giuliani didn't mind your picture right there. That picture you just shared wasn't all we need to know. Dennis Rodman on the other hand isn't running for President. He's a tourist who made a friend and shared his opinion on TV but a picture of him in drag is all we need to know according to two posters here and if it isn't the race card, then tell me what gives. 95% of blacks voted for Obama, the country sees the world in skin color. That's not a card, it's a fact. Let's not sheepishly hide from race, let's just be frank about it. It's taboo because we've been indoctrinated to be scared to discuss it. Well, bugger that.

Rodman said he has no interest in being a diplomat but if Obama had the sense he would call Kim and encourage Rodman to go back more officially the next time.

• Like 2

I wish I could get these film clips to come in, but I guess my connection is too slow.

About the "race card," one would have to be utterly stupid to say it doesn't exist. African-Americans in the States tend to vote 90% or so the same way, and that's a juicy plumb for any politician if he can get it. The opposite also applies; there is a voting block in the States about the same size as the African-American vote of whites who tend to vote in the same proportion opposite how the African-Americans vote. So usually the two cancel each other. So also a politician often needs to go for one and forgo any hope of penetrating the other.

In the long run I guess the nation is served best by those who ignore it in the hope that someday it will go away.

• Like 1

Perhaps someone can enlighten me(or maybe I missed a post)...

How the hell did Rodman get so close to him in the first place?

Edited by pallidin