Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Putin orders massive strike against S. Arabia

Parsec

http://www.eutimes.net/2013/08/putin-orders-massive-strike-against-saudi-arabia-if-west-attacks-syria/

I don't know how much of what's written in the article is true, but it's at least scary, for all the implications and ramifications implied.

The situation is complicated.

We know (quite) for sure that chemical weapons have been used. We don't know (and maybe never will) for sure who used them.

What's sure, is that we're going in an extremely dangerous direction.

It looks like Damascus is really becoming the new Sarajevo (see War World I).

Let's hope not.

Maybe it's inappropriate to say, but at least once you knew why wars were started: invade, conquer and rule other countries, plain and simple.

Today?

Sell more oil?

• Like 1

Indeed. No troops, only long-range missiles this time!

Anyway, Russia should've learnt a lot of lessons from Cold War, but it looks like in the last 15 years Putin and his entourage have been slow learners

• Like 3

Russia wont, never in a million years, they learnt their mistake in Afghanistan

Perhaps it isn't what the whole of Russia wants, but isn't Putin bullying gay people for sport recently? If that alone is true, I wouldn't count on him learning anything wise from past times. It seems as though we're inches closer to a big war.

• Like 1

Putin has already said if we attack Syria, Russia will back them. It's a really bad situation, that could start World War III.

Putin has already said if we attack Syria, Russia will back them. It's a really bad situation, that could start World War III.

Yes, a conflagration could ensue but Putin has been quite clear that he was speaking of resupply of arms not actively going to war on Syria's behalf.
  • Like 1

I don't believe this scenario would happen, but imagine if when the missiles come screaming in to Syria, some are shot down by Russian warships that now appear to be forming a picket line across the Eastern Med off the coast of Syria. Would that be an act of war? I don't know.

Edit, to add in the light of Frank's post above, could Putin politely suggest that any missiles flying over Russian fleet could be shot down, by accident of course. Cuba again....

and another edit to say that I do know that the missiles will come in from multiple directions, some from across Iraq and Jordan, Israel, Turkey.

Edited by Kaa-Tzik

I don't believe this scenario would happen, but imagine if when the missiles come screaming in to Syria, some are shot down by Russian warships that now appear to be forming a picket line across the Eastern Med off the coast of Syria. Would that be an act of war? I don't know.

Edit, to add in the light of Frank's post above, could Putin politely suggest that any missiles flying over Russian fleet could be shot down, by accident of course. Cuba again.....

True... probably an almost unlimited number of scenarios where the SHTF can happen. But I think it will occur regardless whether we strike or not. The difference will be in WHEN it happens.

True... probably an almost unlimited number of scenarios where the SHTF can happen. But I think it will occur regardless whether we strike or not. The difference will be in WHEN it happens.

Probably before we think it will, and soon, but I still think the actual missile strike will be a flash in the pan, the repercussions, as you well know, are another matter. Heavy missile cruiser Moskva arrives soon. As Peter the Great and Admiral Kuznetsov are in dock under long term re-building, sending Moskva is a serious move. I wonder how many Oscar II and Akulas have slipped through the Straights of Gibraltar, undetected, again....

Edited by Kaa-Tzik

Just some thoughts...

I know that the use of chemical weapons is a serious violation no matter where. OK. Fine.

What I don't understand is why Putin doesn't go in and put a stop(or effective mitigation) to the escalating, morphing madness in Syria.

This is his problem, and that of the UN, not unilaterally that of the United States. Putin should be the one asking for our or other's help(if needed) to secure, remove and dispose of those chemical weapons, not the other way around.

Why Putin does not seem to feel this to be a serious matter simply baffles me.

• Like 3

Just some thoughts...

I know that the use of chemical weapons is a serious violation no matter where. OK. Fine.

What I don't understand is why Putin doesn't go in and put a stop(or effective mitigation) to the escalating, morphing madness in Syria.

This is his problem, and that of the UN, not unilaterally that of the United States. Putin should be the one asking for our or other's help(if needed) to secure, remove and dispose of those chemical weapons, not the other way around.

Why Putin does not seem to feel this to be a serious matter simply baffles me.

Tartus needs to be secured as a base, no matter which side wins. The impotance of Tartus cannot be overstated in any calculations and the situation needs to be handled in a very carefull manner, a manner that will seem baffling to some. Forget Assad or Shias or Sunnis in this calculation, think only of how Tartus can be saved and that is the base Russian position, all else is simply eye poking and going Yaa Boo.

• Like 1

I have a nasty feeling that a large amount of poo is on its way towards a giant,wildly-spinning fan!

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 7

Tartus needs to be secured as a base, no matter which side wins. The impotance of Tartus cannot be overstated in any calculations and the situation needs to be handled in a very carefull manner, a manner that will seem baffling to some. Forget Assad or Shias or Sunnis in this calculation, think only of how Tartus can be saved and that is the base Russian position, all else is simply eye poking and going Yaa Boo.

Interesting. I guess I didn't know that the Tartus base(in Syria) is, apparently, of major strategic importance to the Russians.

Edited by pallidin

I have a nasty feeling that a large amount of poo is on its way towards a wildly-spinning fan!

The worry is that from the US side we have another USS Vincennes, and from the Russian another Korean Airlines flight 007. It is possible that war may be taken out of the various leaders hands by a half asleep idiot or gungho maniac on the ground

Links for those who have forgotten or never knew.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KAL_007

Edited by Kaa-Tzik
  • Like 2

Interesting. I guess I didn't know that the Tartus base is, apparently, of major strategic importance to the Russians.

It is the only Russian base outside Russia. Compare that to the vast number of overseas US bases.

• Like 1

The Russians don't mind there being precedents to the use of chemical weapons to suppress internal disturbances: neither do the Chinese.

If this is tolerated, every country on the planet will soon have a stockpile, and that would guarantee their getting into criminal and terrorist and fanatical hands.

Idea is simple. If USA and UK will make attack on thier partners, Russia will made attack on their partners.

Smart move.

Big Bad Voodoo

• Like 1

Idea is simple. If USA and UK will make attack on thier partners, Russia will made attack on their partners.

Smart move.

Big Bad Voodoo

yet you will suffer from it

Russia wont, never in a million years, they learnt their mistake in Afghanistan

We can hope ,but Saudi land is not like Afghan land.They lost in Afghanistan because of all the underground bunkers and tunnels and caves.The home team had the advantage .

Saudi lands are different i believe .

yet you will suffer from it

I think bbv was just commenting on the obvious .

Its like Korea. We are just fight Russia using other countries .

• Like 1

I think bbv was just commenting on the obvious .

Its like Korea. We are just fight Russia using other countries .

The term for that is 'Proxy Warfare'.

This is an older article; August 27th.

Putin is just angry that the Sauds threatened to use Chechen terrorists to attack the Olympics.

• Like 1