Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

saw a pich black cloak or drape

Two of Hearts

well here is the thing yesterday at about 4 pm... and the day was 31st of oct i live in NZ ( New Zealand) on a farm in the middle of nowhere. i was cutting wood all day... i came back inside to get a drink of water as i go outside i let my pitbull dog out he senses something to my right the corner of my eye i stop i see a pitch black cape or drape or cloak of some sort... but funny enough it was just in the corner (not my eye) i saw the cloak for a good 8-10 seconds full veiw as i try get around the corner as my dog goes out the door he is alerted as am i because no one else is on my farm at this time.

i quickly go around the corner.. and as i aproche the corner... the cloth vanishes from my sight my dog sniffs the air around the corner and there is noting there. no noise no sound noting... the dog sniffs the air walks down the ally abit and then goes back to his dog bed... oddly enough where the black cloak was is where i was walking to get back into the house. down the right side of my house is a sort of ally way trees on the left house on the right. impossible to just vanish from as its about 20-25 feet long this thing followed me from where i was choping wood... awaiting me to turn the corner? is it a sign of death? im kind of freaked out and no one believes i saw this.... everything thinks i'm now a scitzo and btw there's no black cloth around the corner i looked for ages and even today as i was going to chop wood i looked .. there noting that looks like the cloth i saw.

oh might as well add this as well. my dog has ever since been acting very oddly growing nonstop.... he never does this and just ever since that event he has not stopped oddly growing every now and again

i have never believed in the paranormal but what i saw yesterday was very odd i'm open minded about it now.

il also ad the cape had no shadow and it was floating in the air. some 5-8 inches off the ground flaping in the wind.

Edited by TWO OF HEARTS
  • Like 1

Did your dog start barking? As of yet from what you have written, your dog seems to have been reacting to your senses and picking up on your fear reactions, dogs are very clever that way.

My dogs would be going ballistic if there was something outside they were not familiar with, when your dog starts to do this, then worry.

• Like 2

my dog is deaf. he picked up on it 1st he was outside b4 i closed the door. i have a deck and the deck steps to get on the ground is where you can see the corner he was in the courtyard not by the coner and saw the black cloak 1st i then reacted to what he was looking at no barking no growling but he was sniffing as if something was there. or had been there but noting was.

Edited by TWO OF HEARTS

Oh, ok. But deaf dogs do bark. A dog sniffing around a farm is certainly not unusuaI, the chances are, there was something there, maybe a mouse, a dog who does not sniff is something I would worry about.

Could you have seen a shadow of something, maybe from the trees nearby? The light can play funny trixks on the eye sometimes.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

my dog is deaf. he picked up on it 1st he was outside b4 i closed the door. i have a deck and the deck steps to get on the ground is where you can see the corner he was in the courtyard not by the coner and saw the black cloak 1st i then reacted to what he was looking at no barking no growling but he was sniffing as if something was there. or had been there but noting was.

it was solid material i went back into the angles i was b4 and tryed to see if anything else fit but noting does... my dog isnt much of a barker he is very very old.... and he normaly runs up growing instead of barking if its a person. he sensed something but i did see glimps of it. no big trees near by no shadows no black like things i could of misunderstood.. like i said as soon as i went around the corner i re-went over the events that just happend it looked normal. no black cloak trust i wouldn't of even bothered posting this if i didn't feel this strange about what happend. maybe i can try draw a cheap drawing so u can understand what i was seeing and sorry again if this sounds confusing i'm not too good at explaining might i also add my dog is a massive coward. he runs when he gets scared (easy) he has never been brave hes literally that cartoon coward dog. (courage the cowardly dog)

rn9F41d.png

Edited by TWO OF HEARTS
  • Like 1

Sorry, I can not picture it, I took this as meaning there were trees nearby:

" down the right side of my house is a sort of ally way trees on the left house on the right. impossible to just vanish from as its about 20-25 feet long this thing followed me from where i was choping wood"

Light and corners with trees nearby can create weird shapes, maybe keep your phone handy incase it happens again and try to get a picture of it or anything similar you may see.

it was solid material i went back into the angles i was b4 and tryed to see if anything else fit but noting does... my dog isnt much of a barker he is very very old.... and he normaly runs up growing instead of barking if its a person. he sensed something but i did see glimps of it. no big trees near by no shadows no black like things i could of misunderstood.. like i said as soon as i went around the corner i re-went over the events that just happend it looked normal. no black cloak trust i wouldn't of even bothered posting this if i didn't feel this strange about what happend. maybe i can try draw a cheap drawing so u can understand what i was seeing and sorry again if this sounds confusing i'm not too good at explaining might i also add my dog is a massive coward. he runs when he gets scared (easy) he has never been brave hes literally that cartoon coward dog. (courage the cowardly dog)

rn9F41d.png

the trees are just small bushes about 5 feet high at the far back there are some rose bushes and no i saw a cloth flaping in the wind it was 100% not a shadow. maybe tomoro i take real pictures.

i draw another version .... with no dog just me and what i did. note on the 3rd step i ran as fast as i could toward object. it had vanished. as u can see the bushes Far back no where close to object no other things can cast a shadow. also the object was again an item. a cloak not a shadowak3a9h7.png