Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Climate Change/Floods - Link

dazdillinjah

I have an 'opinion' that these great floods we are experiencing are connected to climate changes caused by global warming

Its my opinion that due to the increases in temperatures worldwide that the polar regions ice is melting away ..however we dont see an immediate rise in sea levels ..because.. the increased temperatures are evaporating alot of the water and creating storms that then unleash it all & bringing about these incredible rainfalls ..and although El Nino is a contributing factor El Nino happens every 5 years and yet we havent seen floods of this magnitude for decades and never all at the same time

just interested in peoples thoughts

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dazdillinjah

• Mr.United_Nations

• Von Bismarck

• Pezmo

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought global warming was debunked as tampered data results from scientists.

It may have been disputed by a minority of scientists ..but when you have information like this one has to wonder

link 1

link 2

while we await definitive answers from the scientific community I guess its fine for people to discuss this, a definitive answer may be years/decades away ?

You would think so from reading the Blogsphere, but unfortunately they were found top have done nothing wrong - and yes folks your not off the hook quite that easy.

Br Cornelius

2010? hottest year? HA didnt they say it was the coldest?

without any link ...I must ask who were 'they' ....just add a link to prove 2010 was the coldest year

The Americans: 2010 was the hottest.

The Japanese: 1998 was the hottest.

The English: Still waiting for their data, but looks like they will say 1998 is still the hottest.

Erix

Yes in Europe the year 2010 was cold. But global it wasn't.

Edited by BigfootBuster

Erix

Yes in Europe the year 2010 was cold. But global it wasn't.

Ty BFB ..Globally the temps went up and the next summer as speculated shall prove that the global climate mechanism has more surprises

Ty BFB ..Globally the temps went up and the next summer as speculated shall prove that the global climate mechanism has more surprises

I think you find the volcano in iceland was a major factor. Please stop agreeing with these courpt american scintists and do resecrch of your own

Oh wait, what we have here

five-year-cooling4.jpg

A few glaciers are shrinking faster than normal…global warming.

Some other glaciers are growing larger than in recorded history: Not worth mentioning.

The north polar ice cap had a significant melt: Warming.

The Antarctic ice sheet grew larger than in recorded history: Silence

Edited by Erix

The surface ocean temps have indeed dipped in the last few years - but overall the whole system temperature has risen. The effect is associated with a very strong El Nino, and the ocean heat has been concentrating in the south pacific. Water temperatures off the coast of Australia have been the highest ever recorded this year. This is the direct cause of the Australian and South American floods.

The oscillatory heat distribution systems of the planet seem to be entering a new level of intensity which seems associated with the overall increase in total system energy.

A study of Chaos theory will help you to understand what happens when systems become more energetic.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

I think you find the volcano in iceland was a major factor. Please stop agreeing with these courpt american scintists and do resecrch of your own

Oh wait, what we have here

five-year-cooling4.jpg

I agree we should use all possible research & facts

Im curious of the graph you have provided ..it states 11 year departure, however ..11 year departure from what ?

Im curious of the graph you have provided ..it states 11 year departure, however ..11 year departure from what ?

The graph shows the difference between the average yearly temperature of the surface of the oceans, and the average of all 11 `yearly average temperatures of the surface of the oceans'.

Rather than graph the temperatures for each year, they averaged all those temperatures together and then posted the deviation of each year from that average.

I am also not sure how accurate that graph is... it has the NOAA logo, but the NOAA site lists 2010 as tied with 2005 as the warmest on average in recorded history (total temperatures, land plus ocean), and the ocean surface temperatures as the third warmest on average in recorded history (see official data here and here).

It is also fairly well accepted (among academic circles, maybe not among the media) that the average volcanic output of greenhouse gases is at least one hundred times lower than human sources, and and if the Icelandic Eyjafjallajokull volcano had erupted non-stop for a whole year, it would only rank between 47th and 75th among the world's largest greenhouse gas emitting nations.

---------------

Incidentally, the 5th global highlight of weather listed at the NOAA NCDC could be an interesting (and dangerous!) example of the chaotic weather disturbances that you alluded to, Br Cornelius, especially since La Nina is alluded to as at least a partial cause of the 2010 Pakistani floods and Russian forest fires (see a news story here)

I have an 'opinion' that these great floods we are experiencing are connected to climate changes caused by global warming

Its my opinion that due to the increases in temperatures worldwide that the polar regions ice is melting away ..however we dont see an immediate rise in sea levels ..because.. the increased temperatures are evaporating alot of the water and creating storms that then unleash it all & bringing about these incredible rainfalls ..and although El Nino is a contributing factor El Nino happens every 5 years and yet we havent seen floods of this magnitude for decades and never all at the same time

just interested in peoples thoughts

Although Climate change is fact, and Global warming is under question, I do believe we must be having an impact. However I would not be a decent skeptic if I did not point out that the current flood in Queensland, as devastating as it was, did not reach the levels measured in 1974 when the last major flood hit.