Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Dog owners could be forced to tie up pets

burglars dog owners tie up pets dangerous dogs act

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,105 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

Dog owners might have to tie up their pets to stop them attacking burglars, police have warned – amid growing controversy over a clampdown on dangerous animals.

The Association of Chief Police Officers say planned amendments to the Dangerous Dogs Act could leave householders 'liable to prosecution' if their dog bites a burglar while they are out.

Ministers want to close a loophole in the law that makes it difficult to prosecute dog attacks that take place on private property.

http://www.dailymail...te-burglar.html

Posted Image

#2    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,922 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

That's ridiculous.

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,804 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#4    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,283 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

POPULAR

They should really ban locked doors and windows.

It's very possible a thief could hurt himself by kicking in a door, or get cut on that glass.

In fact, if Britons would just leave all their valuables in the yard, I think we could all sleep better at night.

#5    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

View Postsupervike, on 07 May 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

They should really ban locked doors and windows.

It's very possible a thief could hurt himself by kicking in a door, or get cut on that glass.

In fact, if Britons would just leave all their valuables in the yard, I think we could all sleep better at night.

Wow, just wow.  Reminds me of Jim Carrey in Liar Liar, when his secretary says something about her friend being sued because a theif got hurt breaking in, and he says he would have gotten him $10k or whatever lol.  

Don't you think a thief gives up his right to be safe when he decides to start stealing?  Some lawmakers should really be kicked in the head, might actually knock some sense into them.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2, 07 May 2013 - 04:34 PM.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,150 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

That is stupid, don't Brits have any rights to protect themselves at all?  Stop coddling the criminals they cause their own problems.

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,150 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 07 May 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

Wow, just wow.  Reminds me of Jim Carrey in Liar Liar, when his secretary says something about her friend being sued because a theif got hurt breaking in, and he says he would have gotten him $10k or whatever lol.  

Don't you think a thief gives up his right to be safe when he decides to start stealing?  Some lawmakers should really be kicked in the head, might actually knock some sense into them.
That is why I am so happy that my state passed a law that says if you get hurt while trespassing, tough luck you shouldn't of been trespassing.

#8    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,121 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostHilander, on 07 May 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

That is stupid, don't Brits have any rights to protect themselves at all?  Stop coddling the criminals they cause their own problems.

This is the kind of garbage we're trying to avoid in the USA, people argue with us about giving up our guns, not realizing it's only a stepping stone to this kind of crap.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#9    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostHilander, on 07 May 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

That is why I am so happy that my state passed a law that says if you get hurt while trespassing, tough luck you shouldn't of been trespassing.

Exactly how it should be.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#10    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,150 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 07 May 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

This is the kind of garbage we're trying to avoid in the USA, people argue with us about giving up our guns, not realizing it's only a stepping stone to this kind of crap.
I've tried to tell so many people you give them an inch and they will take a yard.

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 07 May 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Exactly how it should be.
Its stood up in court too.

#11    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,121 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostHilander, on 07 May 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

I've tried to tell so many people you give them an inch and they will take a yard.

Maybe we can all come in here and tell them that tying up all their pets is the best thing for them. I mean, you can't have a dog wandering around your own property! It's too dangerous! This dog culture and the dog-nuts over there are out of control.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 07 May 2013 - 04:57 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#12    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Protect the burglars.... Sounds about right. Love the order our governments priorities are in....

Once someone breaks and enters a property their human rights should be gone. If you made that law, then it would stop people from breaking and entering. Instead we are treating Burglary as a ****ing occupation.

As Ealdwita said in another thread, it's unlikely a Burglar has told anyone where he is going, enter my property and you will most likely disappear. (I have a messy house, easy to get lost... cough)

Edited by Coffey, 07 May 2013 - 05:04 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#13    Kaikou

Kaikou

The Akuma Plant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

• What If you could look right through the cracks....

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostHilander, on 07 May 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

Well, if somebody breaks in, we have the right to use "reasonable force". To put it simply: force that can be reasonably justified in court.
What that force is depends on the circumstances.
For example: Lets say somebody has entered your yard with the intent of robbing you. You decide to go outside and knock that person out. You are likely to get in trouble.
This is because the law wouldn't see their presence in your garden to be enough of a situation to justify that action.

The way I see it: Enter somebodies property with the intent to steal or harm, means that you should face the consequences! You made the decision!

#14    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,804 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Why not just go rob the houses of those morons voting for this crap?

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#15    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 07 May 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

Maybe we can all come in here and tell them that tying up all their pets is the best thing for them. I mean, you can't have a dog wandering around your own property! It's too dangerous! This dog culture and the dog-nuts over there are out of control.

Comparing a dog to a gun is just ridiculous.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users