Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jodi Arias Trial

docyabut2

What do you see in his eyes?

Umm that he has no earthly idea that this little girl is going to go teenage mutant ninja turtle on his @%$ at any moment. ;)

• Like 1

98c8ee14373eb7804738311e90ddff3f.jpg

All I can think is Zoolander's blue steel pose. If I could see his pupils better in the picture I could give a better opinion, but from what I see in the picture all I get is anger not fear.

Psychology is a very complex system, I really think the judicial system should have an expert watching more often then what is being presently done. A lot of how she is acting reminds me more of an emotional weak women with social anxiety going through killer's remorse then dangerous psychopath.

Once you push a person past their limit's good bye to their normal everyday responses.

Then again she could be acting, but it is hard to tell because the Prosecutor was aggressive towards her provoking allowing for a natural emotional response to happen.

I haven't been able to catch a lot of evidence though, Maybe like 5 picture,a whole bunch of speculation.(From what I've seen so far, I can speculate at least 20 ways this could of happened; with outcomes that make each and both parties looking like criminals.

The whole "It's improbable argument" that I keep hearing doesn't work for me either. Han Solo; "Never tell me the odds" comes to mind. Well that and if you get struck by lightning no matter how improbable it is, you still got hit by lightning.

I would think this is a case of voluntary manslaughter(and maybe desecration of a dead body; if I was feeling like a prick), with a side of premeditated stupidity, at the minimum. Highly doubt it's first degree murder though.

I still think she shot him first. That was the whole reason for bringing the gun. Then there is the fear in his eyes in the shower photos. If she were only holding a knife, he would have taken it away from her. She shot him but then the gun jammed (as per her lie about the ninjas). She went to get the knife and when she got back, he was stumbling in the hallway. She started stabbing, he held up his hands to protect himself and backed into the bathroom. Then he was down and she continued stabbing.

You may be right but,

The next stage of the trial is juriers asking questions, I have a question for all here. If Travis was shot frist at the sink after getting out of the shower at 5.29( the last picture of him the shower alive in the camera that Jodi was taking pictures of) and there is the spattered blood in the sink( he must have been standing) and the gun shell was found there, would there be enough time for him to be shot, run down the hall with Jodi stabbing him in the back and then cut his throat at the end of the hall way, the photo then of her dragging his bleeding body back down the hall to the bathroon carring the camera when that photo was accidently shot at 5.31 ? Thats only about three seconds.

Edited by docyabut2

Also some say the times on the photos in the camera may not right, because the camera went through a wash cycle, but to me, it is the timing or the scenario of the murder of poor Travis.I just don`t think the timings on the photos could have been mixed up.

Entertaining the members of Guilt R Us for a moment, she slit his throat at the sink, maybe under the auspices of shaving him while he stuck his neck out, then engaged in the knife attack and the multiple stabbings, he couldn't defend himself effectively because his throat was cut so she overpowered him as he got weaker and weaker, then after he collapsed she dragged his almost lifeless body back into the bathroom, dragged him into the shower stall and put a bullet in his head to make sure he was dead.

If Travis was shot frist at the sink after getting out of the shower at 5.29( the last picture of him the shower alive in the camera that Jodi was taking pictures of) and there is the spattered blood in the sink( he must have been standing) and the gun shell was found there, would there be enough time for him to be shot, run down the hall with Jodi stabbing him in the back and then cut his throat at the end of the hall way, the photo then of her dragging his bleeding body back down the hall to the bathroon carring the camera when that photo was accidently shot at 5.31 ? Thats only about three seconds.

Re: the shower photos, it's my understanding that:

Exhibit # 159 is timestamped @ 5:29:20, showing Alexander sitting in the shower, looking toward the camera.

Exhibit # 160 is timestamped @ 5:30:30, showing Alexander still sitting, but his head/face isn't shown.

Exhibit # 161 is timestamped @ 5:31:14, is of the bathroom ceiling, and the camera appears to be either in motion, or out of focus because there's blur in the photo.

Exhibit # 162 is timestamped @ 5:32:16, shows Alexander on the floor, bleeding.

Exhibit # 163 is timestamped @ 5:33:13, shows a blood-smeared baseboard.

When I look at all of the shower photos (16 showing Alexander alive and began @ 5:22:24), I see that on average, there's 3 photos per minute, except that when we get to the 'sitting/facing, sitting head/face not shown' photos, there's over a minute between the two.

Exhibit's # 161- 163, the 'unintentional' photos, show a pattern of 1 per minute.

Edited by regi

I'm curious as to how Arias' attorney was retained...or why Nurmi was retained to defend Arias.

Nurmi advertizes defending those charged with sexual offenses.

I find that interesting (to say the least), considering the heavy emphasis the defense has placed on sex, which doesn't have squat to do with the self defense scenario which Arias described in her testimony... in which she stated that she didn't EVEN mean to EVEN shoot Alexander in the first place. :huh:

http://www.maricopasexcrimes.com

Edited by regi
  • Like 2

Exhibit # 159 is timestamped @ 5:29:20, showing Alexander sitting in the shower, looking toward the camera.

Exhibit # 160 is timestamped @ 5:30:30, showing Alexander still sitting, but his head/face isn't shown.

Exhibit # 161 is timestamped @ 5:31:14, is of the bathroom ceiling, and the camera appears to be either in motion, or out of focus because there's blur in the photo.

When I look at all of the shower photos (16 showing Alexander alive and began @ 5:22:24), I see that on average, there's 3 photos per minute, except that when we get to the 'sitting/facing, sitting head/face not shown' photos, there's over a minute between the two.

Exhibit's # 161- 163, the 'unintentional' photos, show a pattern of 1 per minute.

Regi what do you think? between the time that Travis was alive in the photos at the time of 5:29:20, to the time of 5:32:16 when he was being dragged by Jodi on the hallway floor bleeding, would it have been enough time for all that Jodi did to kill Tarvis?

• Like 1

I think maybe Yam isn't watching the trial. He may be getting his information from the TV and not from live feed.

Yam's responses remind me of an old Monthy Python skit. "I'm here for an arguement." "No, you aren't." "Yes, I am." "No you aren't."

I think Yam likes to stir things up. Keep the discussion going. Bug the heck out of people. :w00t:

• Like 2

You may be right but,

The next stage of the trial is juriers asking questions, I have a question for all here. If Travis was shot frist at the sink after getting out of the shower at 5.29( the last picture of him the shower alive in the camera that Jodi was taking pictures of) and there is the spattered blood in the sink( he must have been standing) and the gun shell was found there, would there be enough time for him to be shot, run down the hall with Jodi stabbing him in the back and then cut his throat at the end of the hall way, the photo then of her dragging his bleeding body back down the hall to the bathroon carring the camera when that photo was accidently shot at 5.31 ? Thats only about three seconds.

Good point! Maybe she pulled the gun on him while he was in the shower but didn't shoot him there. She made him get out of the shower and he tried to get the gun when they were by the sink. The gun went off, shooting him in the head. Then the gun jammed and she went to get a knife.

Regi what do you think? between the time that Travis was alive in the photos at the time of 5:29:20, to the time of 5:32:16 when he was being dragged by Jodi on the hallway floor bleeding, would it have been enough time for all that Jodi did to kill Tarvis?

Maybe she didn't do it all at one time. Maybe some in the hallway, some in the bathroom. A little stabbing here, a little over there. Like a cat playing with its prey. It seems she didn't feel like she was going to run out of time. She stayed after the killing to put stuff in the washer, clean herself up, etc. Even so she must have felt at some time that he was not dying fast enough and slit his throat. It would have been easy for her to do if he was laying on the floor.

• Like 2

Entertaining the members of Guilt R Us for a moment, she slit his throat at the sink, maybe under the auspices of shaving him while he stuck his neck out, then engaged in the knife attack and the multiple stabbings, he couldn't defend himself effectively because his throat was cut so she overpowered him as he got weaker and weaker, then after he collapsed she dragged his almost lifeless body back into the bathroom, dragged him into the shower stall and put a bullet in his head to make sure he was dead.

I confess. When did she cut his throat, is something I haven't given much thought to. It's an important part of the puzzle too. I'm going to have to think about this. The one thing that really doesn't make sense to me is why did she drag the body back into the shower? Was there too much blood and she wanted it to go down the drain? Why would that matter to her?

I'm curious as to how Arias' attorney was retained...or why Nurmi was retained to defend Arias.

Nurmi advertizes defending those charged with sexual offenses.

I find that interesting (to say the least), considering the heavy emphasis the defense has placed on sex, which doesn't have squat to do with the self defense scenario which Arias described in her testimony... in which she stated that she didn't EVEN mean to EVEN shoot Alexander in the first place. :huh:

http://www.maricopasexcrimes.com

http://www.huffingto..._n_2387245.html

This doesn't have details, but part of the timeline states:

September 9, 2008 – A public defender was assigned to represent Arias.

August 8, 2011 - Arias told Judge Sherry Stephens of Maricopa County Superior Court that she wanted to represent herself. (in true narcissistic fashion) Stephens granted the request but had Arias' public defenders, Victoria Washington and Kirk Nurmi, remain on as advisory counsel.

August 16, 2011 – A request to admit letters that Arias claimed Alexander sent her prior to his death was denied. In the letters, Alexander allegedly admitted to being a pedophile. Prosecutor Juan Martinez told the court that the letters were tested and found to be forgeries. After the ruling, Arias told Judge Stephens that she was "over her head." (needed help keeping up with the lies) The judge then reinstated her defense counsel.

January 2012 - Jennifer Willmott, a death penalty-qualified defense attorney, was assigned to represent Arias.

So, looks like Nurmi was just in a pool of public defenders. Maybe a pool of sex crime public defenders. So that means Arizona is paying for him. If he specializes in sex crimes, then he probably thinks all crimes have some basis in sex. Like an electrician walking into some place and immediately seeing all the electrical setups.

Edited by boos2u
  • Like 2

The liar admitted a lot of things. Are we going to believe all of it, none of it, or just what regi cherry picks for us to believe?

Just as you cherry-pick what you are going to believe and then express that opinion to the forum. Just as we all do. Regi is stating her opinion based on what she has read, seen, heard. Just as we all do. Whether we chose to take regi's opinion as part of our own, is our choice and we have the freedom to do so. Just because someone (not regi) believes that their opinion is the best and most right doesn't mean we have to give up our opinion and 100% accept someones else's. I think you confuse discussion with arguing.

• Like 3

I confess. When did she cut his throat, is something I haven't given much thought to. It's an important part of the puzzle too. I'm going to have to think about this. The one thing that really doesn't make sense to me is why did she drag the body back into the shower? Was there too much blood and she wanted it to go down the drain? Why would that matter to her?

I think she was trying to let the blood drain, but then she decided to just leave a ton of blood. IMHO, she, in true princess form, decided she didn't want to clean up any more. She did a little bit and then got tired or just said "Screw this!" After stabbing and slitting and shooting and dragging, she was probably exhausted. She put him in the shower to crumple up down at the bottom. She goes about her merry way, leaving him to decompose and for his friends to find, and then she decides she needs to go cozy up with whatever man she was going to use for an alibi. She had probably worked out in her mind that she was going to lie about who committed the crime and / or that she was never there.

Edited by boos2u

You mean to say, I'd be the problem juror! Oh well. lol

While the whole truth and nothing but the truth is ideal from a legal standpoint, we know full well we will never get that here from Arias. So the strategy of focusing so much of the courtroom effort on her doesn't look very bright to me. It must be very rare for a defendant in a trial like this to testify at all, or at the end of the trial one time. By contrast this has turned into the Jodi Show starring Jodi Arias.

Another question for those keeping up with this case: Where is the ex boyfriend at? Where's the lover at that she ran to after she allegedly murdered Travis? Getting someone like that on the stand and grilling them might make sense.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2442048.html

Done.

Edited by boos2u

I would like to see all the photos taken in order (except the sex ones. I don't want to see them again!) Is there a web site you got this list from? Thanks.

The way I look at it, the sequence doesn't matter. If she shot him first, then there's no reasonable explanation for the further injuries, and if she stabbed him first, then there's no reasonable explanation for the gunshot.

Bottom line, there's no reasonable explanation for ALL of those injuries, either way.

Totally agree, regi. Overkill at its finest. A jealous, psychotic frenzy from a woman who lives in her own little world and believes she does not have to be accountable for her own actions. If there was any truth at all to the self defense crap (doubtful) she could have stabbed him, say, 15 times and then when he was down, run like the wind. AND call the police. But no, left him dead and decomposing and thinking she could just say, "I wasn't there."

Autopsy report: http://cnninsession....avisautopsy.pdf

Dr. Horn testified that he believed the gunshot was after death. Maybe Arias didn't realise he was already dead and was tired of waiting for him to die and shot him. Maybe she had already decided on version 1 with version 2 as a backup and thought the gunshot was needed for her stories. She is either to stupid to realize that law enforcement can figure this stuff out or thinks she can get away with anything.

Edited by boos2u
  • Like 3

Maybe she didn't do it all at one time. Maybe some in the hallway, some in the bathroom. A little stabbing here, a little over there. Like a cat playing with its prey. It seems she didn't feel like she was going to run out of time. She stayed after the killing to put stuff in the washer, clean herself up, etc. Even so she must have felt at some time that he was not dying fast enough and slit his throat. It would have been easy for her to do if he was laying on the floor.

OMG. That would take it out of the realm of "rage killing" and into cold premeditated torture/murder. She would be taunting him all the while.

• Like 1

I didn't see any response to

The victim's body is the evidence. Those injuries can't be disputed and they don't occur in any other way but in a rage.

That's what rage looks like on a murder victim's body. That's not self defense, no way, no how.Reading through this discussion, I see a lot of comments regarding "what indicates rage." I read a book a while bak regarding a rage killing in which forty-nine stabs had been delivered. The author requested that the reader take a pillow, stand above it and give it forty-nine full force blows. I think I made it to twelve. OK. add anger... might take you to five more blows before a normal person is really tired. In this case, although not all of the blows were received full-force, even if you buy the defense theory, that she was frightened, would mean the were delivered with full force.. It would take rage to reach twenty-nine and then shoot, drag, position, wash up, etc.

• Like 2

Well, first off, I think a minute can be a long time, and that a lot can happen within a single minute.

There's almost a full two minutes between the 'sitting, no head/face' photo in the shower, and the photo of Alexander bleeding on the floor, so I certainly think he could have been out of the shower and in the sink area, shot, (high velocity blood pattern on sink) and then have his body on the floor within the time of those photos.

(all speculation, of course.)

It appears to me that the 5:32:16 (Alexander on the floor, bleeding) photo was taken in the bathroom....and that the camera was never ever out of that bathroom area.

I know there's a question about the casing in the pool of blood which seems to indicate that the blood was there before the casing, but since I know the scene was tampered with, I don't wonder if it could have gotten there some other way.

I'm still studying and contemplating what the scene shows (to me, of course) as far as how events might have precisely occurred.

Edited by regi
  • Like 2

With regard to the previous discussion on "rage" killing. I read a book a while back in which there had been 49 forceful stabs delivered. The author suggested that you take a pillow place it beneath you and deliver full force stabs to it.. I think I made it to 12. (and the pillow wasn't moving!) Try it,~~~~it is totally exhausitng. OK, add the influence of normal anger.. brings you up to maybe 18-20. The number of blows you can deliver is much lower than you would think! That's where "rage" becomes identifiable. After that she shot, dragged, placed a body larger than hers in the shower and cleaned up somewhat ?? What you are left with is multiple killers or.... the rage of the insane. With, a good look at Jodi throughout the trial, I will go with the later ~~ The rage of the insane.

Oh, the book was written by F. L. Bailey, atty for Dr Sam Shepherd. Who, as Bailey believed, was later proved innocent. His wife had been killed by a stalking type killer who was insane. I knew from the time I took that test, no normal person could deliver 49 blows.

• Like 1

http://www.huffingto..._n_2387245.html

So, looks like Nurmi was just in a pool of public defenders. Maybe a pool of sex crime public defenders. So that means Arizona is paying for him. If he specializes in sex crimes, then he probably thinks all crimes have some basis in sex. Like an electrician walking into some place and immediately seeing all the electrical setups.

:lol: I'm sure there's a lot of truth in that....

(First, it's great to see you back, booz2u! :clap: I thought you must have thrown up your hands in complete exasperation...Lord knows, I have a time or two, but I didn't lose hope that you'd be back!)

I guess Lotus is gone for good....

Thanks for that info. :tu: I didn't know any of that, and wow, it's certainly interesting. Only a tough defendant who wants/needs total control would attempt to defend themselves, especially in a case like this!

I thought that was just crazy-weird, that Nurmi's specialty is actually defending sex charges! :td: I mean, I know innocent people are sometimes accused and need defense, but to SPECIALIZE in such a thing? :hmm:

Anyway, I didn't think that Arias could have afforded a private attn.

(Btw, I was looking at the police photos from the burglary and noticing the contrast between Alexander's lifestyle and Arias' living situation. It's quite the contrast, not only in the physical environment, but that Alexander was on his own and self supporting, had a good job...direction in his life...you know, just everything in his life was in direct contrast to Arias'.... including their sexual experience according to the sex tape.

Well, there's tons of points that could be made about that tape which totally contradict Arias' all of Arias' allegations against Alexander, and I could go on and on about them, so I'd better save them for another post! :lol: )

Edited by regi
  • Like 2