Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ground-swell against "Established Politics"

Karlis

There is a ground-swell of opinion against both the Republicans and Democrats in the USA. More and more Americans seem willing to consider an alternative to the “Established” political parties.

According to some surveys, over 40% of Americans like the “U. S. Tea Party”

Have a look at this site, which gives an indication how widespread discontent is amongst the average Americans: http://www.reteaparty.com/

The blogs below are written exclusively by independent supporters and organizers of Tea Parties like you and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of ReTeaParty.com or Free & Equal.

This website is a good example as to how the “average Joe” seems to be willing to actually work towards establishing an alternative to “The Establishment”: Listen to the video-clip, and let's know your impressions.

http://aftertheteaparty.com/

I’m wondering if the groundswell against “The Establishment” could transform into a new and major political Party? I know that sounds far-fetched – but, could that possibly happen?

Regards,

Karlis

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TRUEYOUTRUEME

• Cadetak

• BlindMessiah

• Tsukasa

It wouldn't be three parties it would be one party and two half parties. Splitting the Republicans/Conservatives like that would just make it all too easy for Democrats. Unless some sort of "Green" party or something arises on the Democrat sad to balance it I would have to be against this.

In my opinion the "Tea Party" is an embarrassment to American politics and society.

Yes, I really think the Tea Party stuff is bad news for Republicans because it represents a further fracturing of the party into more extreme or narrow splinter groups. I would really doubt the statement in the OP that "40% of Americans" like The Tea Party. I suppose the emphasis should be on "some surveys."

The Tea Partiers also don't help themselves out much because it is so easy to make them look stupid when you go out and interview them. For example, none of them seem to understand the concept of "Czars" or how the term is used for certain people in our government, just to name one thing.

I honestly have no fear of the tea party movement splitting the republican party at all. I think it is great that more people are becoming active and are seeking grass root solutions for the political problems that come from politics as usual. Personally I think the reason that so many left-wingers make insulting comments about this movement is because it scares them.

I'd love to see a multiple party system, but not a "Tea Party." They're just as ignorant as their neo-con brothers in the Republican Party. I'd like to see a liberal third party arise, one not so focused on the politics of liberalism, and actually interested in the practice of things like populism, social liberties, and the green movement. I feel like the democrats give mere lip service to their ideals to such an extreme that I find myself more in the line of thinking with the Libertarians than the Democrats. Despite my misgivings about such a conservative party, their social agenda is far more liberal than the Democrats.

I'd like to see a liberal third party arise, one not so focused on the politics of liberalism, and actually interested in the practice of things like populism, social liberties, and the green movement.

There already is a left-wing third party called the Green Party.

If the Tea-Party would ever start to get big, I would imagine that the Republican party would go more conservative in an attempt to hold their base. Which I believe is happening now.

And I have read where many Democrats are trying to create a movement that is more Liberal than the current Democratic platform aswell.

I'm aware. I said arise, not form.

Well the only way that they could arise is if people join and get active. Are you a registered member?

Well the only way that they could arise is if people join and get active. Are you a registered member?

Next year will be my first election. I'm not sure how I'm going to vote and register come 2010.

Next year will be my first election. I'm not sure how I'm going to vote and register come 2010.

Well even though we are at opposite ends of the political spectrum all the best to you in keeping involved and in working for what you believe in.

Myself, I cannot believe or understand how people truly identify with a political party, to the point of, as regular citizens with little or no actual say in how the party works, considering the ramifications of how something happening will affect "their party". They will still be able to vote however they want even if their party just up and totally disbanded permanently - it's just part of a binary control and vague similar-minded peer system used like a crutch or a Fisher Price My First Election learning toy.

I am a registered independent because I don't believe in the two-party monopoly both have and wield, over any other parties, of which they're apparently afraid, being able to exclude them from everything, on a whim - I'm not sure where the idea of equal representation and political freedoms and rights of inclusion went, but I believe it to be, or should be, illegal and corrupt to have quashed it.

Tea Parties, or "the" Tea Party, seems like a suitable enough third party to make a run, though I do think it still has a fairly paranoiac agenda, with more a knee-jerk rebellious response and interpretation, than actual progressive and proactive platform, politically, identifying more as a splinter group of mostly conservative thought - more an anti-government movement than a pro-political party; essentially, publicly validated watered-down survivalists.

On the whole, IF the Tea Party becomes an official political entity, it will go the way of Ross Perot's Reform Party, with internal bickering almost from the get-go, a tenable cohesion for a couple of years, before imploding into obscurity.

Speaking as an outsider, I never got why you only have two parties.

hardly representative. We've got about half a dozen here in Oz, and we still manage to elect parliaments that have enough of a majority to steamroller opposition.

Mind you, voting is compulsory here, so it's also more representative of the population and not just the politically active rabblerousers who elect the leaders.

On the whole, IF the Tea Party becomes an official political entity, it will go the way of Ross Perot's Reform Party, with internal bickering almost from the get-go, a tenable cohesion for a couple of years, before imploding into obscurity.

I remember when both of my parents voted for Ross Perot. At the time I kind of thought it was goofy. But over the years I've come to sort of admire them for it.

Personally I think the Tea Party movement is mostly a reaction to certain values being under attack here in America throughout our history and even more so today. These are people who strongly believe in free market capitalism and less intrusive government in the market.

They are not at all anti-government but are pro-limited government. They put their faith more in the people to produce solutions in Life (when Free) then they do in government programs and mandates to produce solutions.

It is mostly a right-wing movement though there are some aspects to it that may appeal to some left-wingers as well.

It has attracted many of the Ron Paul supporters as well as many Bush supporters. It has attratced Libertarians and Conservatives alike. Also those of the Constitution Party.

Of course it is patterned after the famous Boston Tea Party in that it wants to make a stand against a UnConstitutional government that does not give proper representation to the People.

Of course this event was one of many famous events leading up to the Foundation of this great nation. I highly doubt that it will just fade away.

Speaking as an outsider, I never got why you only have two parties.

hardly representative. We've got about half a dozen here in Oz, and we still manage to elect parliaments that have enough of a majority to steamroller opposition.

Mind you, voting is compulsory here, so it's also more representative of the population and not just the politically active rabblerousers who elect the leaders.

The U.S. is not a true democratic country. It's a republic and no third party will pop up and challenge them. Oz sounds the same as Canada with a vote to demand a vote comes from the majority and popularity. No set mandatory terms with a two party system. Here if things go bad we call an election. However it is not mandatory here to vote thank goodness, keeps the morons at home.

Is it really mandatory to vote there? seems.... not right as what if all you have to pick from it three groups and you don't like any of them.

Please, run the Teas parties this is a sure way for the democrats to win every year. This is my view of the Tea parties.

I wonder, if any of these Tea Partiers had anything to say about Bush 2.

Edited by Ryinrea

Please, run the Teas parties this is a sure way for the democrats to win every year. This is my view of the Tea parties.

I wonder, if any of these Tea Partiers had anything to say about Bush 2.

Well good. You Fisters then just keep up your left-wing progressive ways of big government and we Tea Partiers will keep up our parties and we will see who wins.

We know who you really are.... My view of the Left-wing Progressive Fister parties

It's obvious, isn't it, that the progressives' other name is and always has been FISTERS! The science is settled. The debate is over.

Well good. You Fisters then just keep up your left-wing progressive ways of big government and we Tea Partiers will keep up our parties and we will see who wins.

We know who you really are.... My view of the Left-wing Progressive Fister parties

It's obvious, isn't it, that the progressives' other name is and always has been FISTERS! The science is settled. The debate is over.

I am actually am an registered INDEPENDENT, and the science is settle.

Edited by Ryinrea

I am actually am an registered INDEPENDENT, and the science is settle.

What is a registered independent? That is a party? Does it have a platform?

What is a registered independent? That is a party? Does it have a platform?

I think it just means you're registered to vote but not alligned with any party. I'm not positive but that was always my understanding.

I think it just means you're registered to vote but not alligned with any party. I'm not positive but that was always my understanding.

So why didn't Ryinrea just say that they were registered to vote? Simple statement. Why the fancy "I am actually am an registered INDEPENDENT" statement as if they stood for something?

Edited by TRUEYOUTRUEME

So why didn't Ryinrea just say that they were registered to vote? Simple statement. Why the fancy "I am actually am an registered INDEPENDENT" statement as if they stood for something?

Um_ it does stand for something it means your registered to vote, but for both parties duh.

Here is the information you wanted ^^. Their is something called American INDEPENDENT PARTY. But, I am what Blind messiah said.

Edited by Ryinrea

Because people seem to think that the label independant makes them a free thinker and cuts off all unwanted ties due to any political affiliation. You lose the baggage of being a Democrat or Republican.

Edited by BlindMessiah