Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Public Service Announcement: Jonas Brothers

Cadetak

So I just got done watching the last South Park episode were they make fun of the Jonas Brothers. I didn't think the parody in the episode was actually true until my friend who took her little cousin to the Jonas Brothers 3D Concert Experience movie told me a bunch of stuff I really didn't want to know.

For all those who don't know, the Jonas Brothers are a generic boy band and another product of the Disney channel while also sort of being a christian band. What sets them apart(or their gag) is that they preach abstinence...which isn't actually original(think Britney Spears even pretended that) but its pretty much their big focus, even utilizing what are called 'purity rings' which are promises made to yourself, god, the band themselves, which shows that you aren't going to have sex until you get married(or as Butters said "so a purity ring is a life long commitment of not having sex? Isn't that called a wedding ring?"). Even though Me and statistics say that abstinence preaching is a horribly flawed practice I'm not going to care because I can't blame disney for using the old gag(business is business) and at least it is done in good faith. I don't have kids so I don't have to worry about them being brainwashed into believing in God, abstinence, and the idea that teenage rockstars are 'pure'. Abstinence is another issue for another thread but for better or worse generally speaking there could be worse role models.

WHat I do find kind of disturbing is the seemingly sexual undertones and apparent subliminal antics going on with this group that my friend pointed out. Here's some pictures.

The movie poster:

linked-image

What in the name of hell are those hands reaching for?

Their logo or whatever:

linked-image

JB is there initials, i get that. Switch those letters around and you get initials for something totally different.

Thats enough pictures. Apperently the movie has some other fun stuff like tons of guitar neck thrusts, a throwing of a hot dog at the camera, police baton waist twirlings, and I poo you not...the three brothers while on stage each release water hoses onto the crowd that squirt a white gooey foam. That is incredibly crazy...

But also incredibly genius in a way. We know that sex sells but you can't really sell it to little girls without p***ing off parents. The demographic is preteen girls, so here we have a bunch of girls in puberty who are getting sold sex and abstinence at the same time in one spoonful. Basically its like Hugh Hefner inviting you over to the mansion but telling you not to touch the ladies as they come on to you...its one big tease but you still buy into it. Of course parents won't catch on to this marketing genius of pretending to sell abstinence but secretly selling sex because they think they are being taught about God and righteousness. If this were the Beatles or something Churchs and likeminded groups would do there thing and speak out about the sexualizing of america or how bad the media is or crap like that...but there under the spell to because the Jonas crew also sells sex with God.

Disney literally pulled out a perfect juggernaut of media might. In the Hannah Montanna style they pull these kids from nowhere, use there money and power to put them on their tv channel and on lunchboxes, and effectively make them popular before anybody even their audience even know who the hell they are, sell them as squeeky clean but in reality selling sex under the table.

I'm not against brainwashing kids to make a buck, I was born in 88 and was jacked up on ninja turtles and pokemon. But at least there was a bit more integrity with those(and they were awesome) they didn't put a vagina and a pair of boobs in face during episodes of Transformers.

Of course this probably isn't the intention of the Jonas kids themselves but more of Disney and their genius marketing team.

P.S. Not sure if this should go here, in general, or in conspiracies(count as a conspiracy?)...so I leave it to the mods.

Edited by Cadetak

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cadetak

• jaylemurph

• Vampwitchenstein

• dorto

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! It must be a terrible sign of doom; I have been saving this pic to use on just the right post and within 3 minutes of getting on UM tonight this will be the SECOND post I have gotten to use it on!

Without further delay;

What I think of The Jonas Brothers:

linked-image

Now. I will say for years now I've been well aware (along w/ many) about Disney's 'subliminal sex' overtones in almost every dang thing they do! Consider the classic original The Little Mermaid poster (won't post it, too lazy, Google it).

I know it was there before and it'll be there as long as Disney is, well, Disney.

I'd love a link to a site that catalogs all that stuff tho, I know there's one out there, I should take my own advice & Google, lol.

For the record, the stuff you pointed out isn't as obvious as most. Could be argued either way as just coinkidink although I don't believe anything the all powerful Disney does is left to chance.

EDIT:

You know, one could venture as far to say this habit could be pedophilia-ish. Grooming youngsters to 'accept' sexuality and it's reference and symbolism??? Pimping out youngsters for its financial gain and using them up before they're 'of age'? Providing 'eye candy' for pedophiles? I could go on, you get the idea.

One thing I KNOW for SURE is my girls never wanted to dress 'in less' until Britney Spears.

Edited by BlondiGeist

OMG! It must be a terrible sign of doom; I have been saving this pic to use on just the right post and within 3 minutes of getting on UM tonight this will be the SECOND post I have gotten to use it on!

Without further delay;

What I think of The Jonas Brothers:

linked-image

Now. I will say for years now I've been well aware (along w/ many) about Disney's 'subliminal sex' overtones in almost every dang thing they do! Consider the classic original The Little Mermaid poster (won't post it, too lazy, Google it).

I know it was there before and it'll be there as long as Disney is, well, Disney.

I'd love a link to a site that catalogs all that stuff tho, I know there's one out there, I should take my own advice & Google, lol.

For the record, the stuff you pointed out isn't as obvious as most. Could be argued either way as just coinkidink although I don't believe anything the all powerful Disney does is left to chance.

EDIT:

You know, one could venture as far to say this habit could be pedophilia-ish. Grooming youngsters to 'accept' sexuality and it's reference and symbolism??? Pimping out youngsters for its financial gain and using them up before they're 'of age'? Providing 'eye candy' for pedophiles? I could go on, you get the idea.

One thing I KNOW for SURE is my girls never wanted to dress 'in less' until Britney Spears.

Well the old stuff like Little Mermaid(go to snopes.com) was either unintental or the cause of a rogue animator or editor so its mostly forgive able.

I did this half in a tongue and cheek kind of way because some of the stuff could unintential or coincidence but spraying the audience with a white foam from a water hose? What does that have to do with anything but what we are all thinking?

I don't think there is a secret agenda here it's just sex sells, they could probably care less if they have sex or not they just need sex in the mind so they can peddle their wares. "Pimping out" kids isn't necessary wrong either because kids will pimp themselves out anyways...kids need their fads. With this instance however it just may be irresponsible, inapropriate, and deceptive.

They're going to go far in life...

Edited by fenris1011

the jonas brothers are marketed to girls to sexually fantasize about them and have crushes on them so they will buy music and go to the shows. its propaganda to get the girls obsessed with them so they will be fans for life

why do you think they never want to talk about girlfriends or they wear purity rings, to make girls think they are good boys who arent getting laid and have no girlfriends so that they have a chance at being one of their long lasting true love girlfriends. i doubt all 3 of them are virgins or that the rings mean anything to them...

its psychological they want young girls to obsessed over them so they can make cash and keep the girls fans for life so that when they are 23 they still have crushes on them

why do they wear tight pants

No offense but your examples are really weak, like the initials of their anagram when reversed and the girl reaching for a penis supposedly. Although I don't deny that they are using their sex appeal to pre-teens as a marketing tool, but who says you can't be attracted to individuals and stay abstinent. But I don't doubt that they probably don't follow these rules themselves. Really all I think they wey are doing is trying to make abstinence you, hip and hot.

LOL - I saw that episode of South Park last night and laughed pretty hard. I liked the stabs at Grey's Anatomy in there too.. LOL

The Jonas Brothers are to teenage girls today what Leif Garrett and Scott Baio were to teenage girls when I was growing up. Same shovel, different crap. :tu:

the jonas brothers are hanson

ill explain, the same guy that signed hanson signed the jonas brothers

the jonass are fans of hanson and decided to be them

3 brothers, both bands all brothers have same hair colors

tight pants

same type outfits

the jonass' say their christians and wear purity rings and hanson claimed to be christians and said they are all waiting for marriage, it turned out 2 of them had b****** children and married the girls they slept with. they talk the same and act the same all claiming to be innocent boys

the jonas brothers started as a good band but followed in hansons footsteps marketing themself to girls.

hanson had a movie out a few years ago and they surprised their fans at the movie theatre. the jonas brothers had a movie out starting a few weeks ago and surprised their fans at the movies too.,

hmm?

they market crap to girls oh who wants a jonas brother lawn gnome

they both "write their own songs" woo

taylor swift is a huge hanson fan, she dated joe jonas who looks like a creepy dark haired version of taylor hanson (both middle brother)

ill tell you how i know this,,,i used to be a hanson fanatic in highschool i bought into all the propaganda, which hanson is your favorite, which to marry etc

bought all sorts of merch, probably spent more then 2000 dollars on garbage

i was helpless when i found out my innocent girlfriendless husband of the future(according to teen bop magazine) had knocked up his 17 yr old girlfriend that he was screwing since she was 16 and was about to have a baby with her and now they have 4 babies, hes 25 with a 5th soon. he got married to his pregnant fiance.she had a baby bump in the pic. she was like just turned 18 before she gave borth

i found out a whole bunch of junk that no they did not really love me, even tho i caught them checking out my butt at one event.i was walking away, turned around and all 3 pervs were staring at my underage butt in my jeans. i then found out they are catty by meeting them and they tried to fight with me and i got verbally abused by 2 of them.i am a girl.

and they were giving out condoms at one show,my god...i had no clue but i showed up after they threw away the condom bucket and it was all gone, thankfully and i was leaning on the condom table the whole time and didnt know... thats great...how embarrasing

oh and uh after like 6 years of camping out all hours of the night at city sidewalks and in the rain and storms barefoot you name it to see my fav band and not seeing shows because i had no tickets i later found out like last year after i thought hanson was dead or something, that the whole time a relative of mine was best buddies with all their close friends. (jaw drop) i waisted my freezing cold miniature 16 yr old butt out on the pavement for like 8 hours in a hurricane like condition just to meet them and i could have knocked on the door and named dropped and cutt the line.

yea dont have a teen idol, it will end bad either one will end up in rehab,mentally ill, or married at 17 and have like 18 babies and in the end your heart will be broken and youll be left with a tatoo for life saying i love nick jonas on your arm. youll be like 35 and staring at the tatoo not even remembering who nick jonas is supposed to be.

No offense but your examples are really weak, like the initials of their anagram when reversed and the girl reaching for a penis supposedly. Although I don't deny that they are using their sex appeal to pre-teens as a marketing tool, but who says you can't be attracted to individuals and stay abstinent. But I don't doubt that they probably don't follow these rules themselves. Really all I think they wey are doing is trying to make abstinence you, hip and hot.

Actually, I agree, there aren't the most convincing arguments.

For me, anyway, their appeal* is somewhat that of straight guys who like to watch cat-fights: I keep thinking that after all that blather about abstinence, in and amongst their stage-caterwauling, they must just start making out with each other, and that would be amusing.

...unless they really are brothers. I mean, they aren't, are they? They're all assembled by a pervy old gay guy in central Florida like every other boy band, right? 'Cause if they aren't, I retract the post, since that would be gross.

--Jaylemurph

*God knows, it's not their music. It's bad for mainstream crap.

LOL - I saw that episode of South Park last night and laughed pretty hard. I liked the stabs at Grey's Anatomy in there too.. LOL

The Jonas Brothers are to teenage girls today what Leif Garrett and Scott Baio were to teenage girls when I was growing up. Same shovel, different crap. :tu:

Ugh...this post made me feel so old! I remember the Leif & Scott days,but also the Donny Osmond (with or without the other brothers) and David Cassidy days.

As far as the O.P.:

I'm glad that South Park has no problem picking on things...especially the popular crap of the day (although I'm still amazed that people could consider The Jonas Brothers to be popular...since they sound worse than Hanson). It's such a shame that the entertainment industry (and Disney) is attempting to foist such excrement upon the gullible youth of today.

Actually, I agree, there aren't the most convincing arguments.

For me, anyway, their appeal* is somewhat that of straight guys who like to watch cat-fights: I keep thinking that after all that blather about abstinence, in and amongst their stage-caterwauling, they must just start making out with each other, and that would be amusing.

...unless they really are brothers. I mean, they aren't, are they? They're all assembled by a pervy old gay guy in central Florida like every other boy band, right? 'Cause if they aren't, I retract the post, since that would be gross.

--Jaylemurph

*God knows, it's not their music. It's bad for mainstream crap.

I think they are real brothers. I was reading a review of the movie to make sure the "spraying white foam" was actually in there before making this thread and read that there is apparently a fourth one as well. One of them had his own gig and did broadway or something and tried to get his own album but basically decided he wasn't good enough on his own so they grabbed his two brothers to make a boy band or something. I'm assuming their parents kind of raised them to do this(like the Jackson 5) because I have three brothers and even if one us was musically talented it be odd that all of us are.

I did this half tongue in cheek the only one thing I found for sure to be messed up was when they got out water hoses and sprayed the audience with a white foam. The poster is iffy because of that one hand in the middle sticking to the middle brother and on the right one. I also believe that the marketing tactics is a bit obvious.

Edited by Cadetak

err double post...dang internet ghosts

Edited by Cadetak

I don't think there is any sexual subliminal messages with the pic but I do notice the strange heavenly aura glow and people reaching up to them like they wish to be saved.

Or I could just be reading to much into things lol.

I did this half tongue in cheek the only one thing I found for sure to be messed up was when they got out water hoses and sprayed the audience with a white foam.

I've not seen the Jonas Bros film, nor ever plan to, but isn't this just a gig equivalent of a foam party that has been popular in places like the Balearics for decades? Unless the boys have the hoses strapped between their legs it sounds to me more like an attempt to show what ker-azy party people they are than any sinister sexual ritual.

I've not seen the Jonas Bros film, nor ever plan to, but isn't this just a gig equivalent of a foam party that has been popular in places like the Balearics for decades? Unless the boys have the hoses strapped between their legs it sounds to me more like an attempt to show what ker-azy party people they are than any sinister sexual ritual.

crazy party people is also the exact opposite of theri mo too. But come on...you got three dudes with giant hoses spraying a white liquidy substance onto a crowd of preteen girls. If that isn't an innuendo I don't know what is. It may not be a 'sinister sexual ritual' but I'm sure as hell somebody is having a few chuckles back stage.

crazy party people is also the exact opposite of theri mo too. But come on...you got three dudes with giant hoses spraying a white liquidy substance onto a crowd of preteen girls. If that isn't an innuendo I don't know what is. It may not be a 'sinister sexual ritual' but I'm sure as hell somebody is having a few chuckles back stage.

Oh, I don't deny the innuendo, nor the thought that there's probably someone on the production staff having a snicker about it, I just doubt it's specifically there for some sort of sexual subliminal message (which is what I should have writting instead of sinister sexual ritual in retrospect).

Also this is a 3D movie right? Needs something to fire into the camera to get the full 3D effect, normally this is done with explosions or knives / axes etc being thrown which isn't appropriate for a concert. I guess the foam utlisies the 3D part a lot.

I think they are real brothers. I was reading a review of the movie to make sure the "spraying white foam" was actually in there before making this thread and read that there is apparently a fourth one as well. One of them had his own gig and did broadway or something and tried to get his own album but basically decided he wasn't good enough on his own so they grabbed his two brothers to make a boy band or something. I'm assuming their parents kind of raised them to do this(like the Jackson 5) because I have three brothers and even if one us was musically talented it be odd that all of us are.

That's disturbing. No better or no worse than raising tiara toddlers, I suppose. But how depressing must to be for your /Mom/ to tell you you've got sub-Jones brother talent. I bet he's the one to wind up doing cheap gay porn.

--Jaylemurph

Oh, I don't deny the innuendo, nor the thought that there's probably someone on the production staff having a snicker about it, I just doubt it's specifically there for some sort of sexual subliminal message (which is what I should have writting instead of sinister sexual ritual in retrospect).

Also this is a 3D movie right? Needs something to fire into the camera to get the full 3D effect, normally this is done with explosions or knives / axes etc being thrown which isn't appropriate for a concert. I guess the foam utlisies the 3D part a lot.

Oh I don't think Disney/Jonas has a grand plan of turning your kids into sex fiends. I didn't mean subliminal in the way of 'play this song backwards' but in the way of tricky marketing tactics. Even if we assume this isn't the case the Jonas brothers preach 'purity' but all their fans would/want to hook up with them. I can't see anybody in the biz not taking advantage of that situation.

Yeah it's a 3D movie, a clear marketing gag...for what reason does a concert movie have to be in 3D? Because kids eat up 3D.

Please don't get mad at me..........

Everyone in our town hate Jonas bothers, even me....

Everyone thinks they're just a bunch of pretty boys who sing like girls,......I agree

Only teenage girls like them..... :rolleyes:

If they are on the top of the Empire State Building, 60% of the human population will say Jump!!!!

Sorry if I offended anyone B)

I've heard one song by them. It was okay. But I'm not a fan. I don't like them at all. But my former friend likes them. I think she was/is Jonas Brothers obsessed. *Shurgs*

I could careless about them. :/