Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Catatumbo Lightning enters the record books

UM-Bot

A region at the mouth of a river in Venezuela sees more lightning strikes than anywhere else on Earth.

The timing and exact location of a lightning strike tends to be inherently unpredictable, yet at the mouth of the Catatumbo River where the water empties in to Venezuela's Lake Maracaibo there are so many lightning strikes that they can be reliably observed almost every night of the year.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...he-record-books

Well, I love lightning storms. If I lived around there, I would be on a deck or porch, (covered of course) and viewing it on a nightly bases.

• Like 3

Maybe this is a porthole or entry into a wormhole. Or the hand of GOD

Or....

Lake Maracaibo basin is surrounded by mountains that trap warm trade winds coming off the Caribbean. These winds crash into cool air spilling down from the Andes, forcing them up until they condense into thunderclouds creating an average 28 lightning strikes per minute across a wide area
  • Like 7

No hand of god, just nature at its fierces. Pretty awesome stuff.

• Like 2

I once has a calendar with nothing but pictures of lightening. As dangerous as it can be it is amazing beautiful.