Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A unrelenting rain of terror from the sky

Raptor Witness

Not just a handful in the night sky; not just a few here and there, but an intermittent rain of fire from the sky lasting for months or even years.

Is this possible, and what would cause such bursts to occur?

My independent study and research over many years, suggest that we have barely scratched the surface of what has happened, and what will happen again.

There is the growing body of evidence for micro craters. Much smaller than those seen below, they point to far more meteoric activity than we ever dreamed was possible.

These storms are apparently not rare, and may occur as often as every few thousand years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlUILcsRDbg

• Like 4

We could always ask the dinosaurs what the impact will be like....................oh wait!

Awesome and very very scary pic.

Not to worry, man has got it covered, by the time that happens again we would have let off our own massive impact on this planet if they carry on!!

I would much rather go knowing the Earth had been hit by one of those big meteorites than an atomic bomb.

• Like 2

Very high-temperature impact melt products as evidence for cosmic airbursts and impacts 12,900 years ago - proceedings of the national academy of sciences USA 6-18-2012

In this study, we tested the hypothesis by Firestone et al. (1) that fragments of an asteroid or comet collided with Earth 12,900 calendar years ago (12.9 ka), depositing an exotic assemblage of impact-related markers, such as microspherules and nanodiamonds, across parts of several continents. Our goals were to search for, analyze, and determine potential origins of the proposed impact proxies from 18 dated sites, spanning 12,000 km across three continents: North America, Europe, and Asia. We discovered that the 18 sites all display a 12.9-ka Younger Dryas boundary layer containing abundance peaks of microspherules. In addition, we discovered vesicular, high-temperature melt-glass, referred to as scoria-like objects, in the Younger Dryas boundary layer at three of those sites (Abu Hureyra, Syria; Melrose, Pennsylvania; and Blackville, South Carolina). Our research indicates that these high-temperature materials support the hypothesis of a cosmic impact at 12.9 ka and are inconsistent with any other origin ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Similar to what happened in Tunguska Siberia in 1908, the Younger Dryas impact was a much larger explosion. It would have been capable of killing most of the population of the United States, and would have been far reaching, longer term.

The key feature these two events appear to have in common, is that they were both airbursts. What's important about this, is that the fingerprints of this type of impact disappear much faster from the surface of the earth, than a regular impact crater. We don't know how many of these have occurred, because they're so much harder to find in the geologic record.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

My independent study and research over many years

Would you like to share your study?

I would like to see how you came to the conclusion that these "storms" are not rare and happens every few thousands years.

Edited by BFB

Not just a handful in the night sky; not just a few here and there, but an intermittent rain of fire from the sky lasting for months or even years.

Is this possible, and what would cause such bursts to occur?

My independent study and research over many years, suggest that we have barely scratched the surface of what has happened, and what will happen again.

There is the growing body of evidence for micro craters. Much smaller than those seen below, they point to far more meteoric activity than we ever dreamed was possible.

These storms are apparently not rare, and may occur as often as every few thousand years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlUILcsRDbg

And what exactly did your "independent study and research" consist of?

And what exactly did your "independent study and research" consist of?

A keen sense to start with. Some would say, a sixth sense.

Six cities and four small towns saw damage from the air blast produced by the meteorite, mostly shattered windows, Itar-Tass reported, citing police officials.- Russia Today 2-15-13

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 3

One scientist interviewed on CNN today, said that these happen all the time, just not over populated areas. Tell that to the folks in Russia, who are bleeding.

This event, and even those that are much larger, do not leave a big enough fingerprint in the geologic record to accurately calculate their frequency. The best we can do is to study fragmented human historical records, including myths and legends.

I've been writing about a cosmic debris field, around the time the earth passed through the galactic plane, for years.

From the air, a sound like none heard by men before.

Crackling thunder, without lightning;
horizon flashes, but no rain.

A feather falls, it catches fire;
No sleep, no slumber;
free us from fear, free us from wonder.

8289509111_b4574d473a_o.jpg
Edited by Raptor Witness

There are now eye witness reports coming in from Cuba, of an event very similar to what happened in Russia. This occurred last Wednesday, Feb. 13th

It's hard to say how accurate this is without verification via satellite film. If it indeed occurred, it may take awhile for someone to dig it out of the archives.

Residents of a locality in the central region of Cuba have stated that he saw an object that fell from the sky and that exploded with a great roar, that did shake the houses of the place: it learns from testimonies collected by local television. In a service issued this morning by Rodas, municipality of the province of Cienfuegos, the witnesses have described a light very intense which arrived to have important dimensions, comparable to those of a bus, before exploding in heaven.

Looks like one lit up San Francisco last night at around 8 PM, making some local news.

It's unknown if this is related to the either of the big guys yesterday.

Edited by Raptor Witness

We got a report of a small meteor burn out North to South trajectory in Oregon. Not sure if its the same a San Francisco. But apparently it was same time as Russian meteor so that would be a night before.

Also Cuba is confirmed via RSOE but obviously internal policies there arent saying much besides airburst and windows rattling.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

• Like 1

I wonder what the odds were that the trajectory, and even the time of day would be congruent with that picture of Cetus I published on Jan. 7th?

Not to mention all those Russian dash cams with their wide angle lenses, capturing what arguably looked like a burning feather, falling.

To say it is one of many, seems hard for the folks at NASA to contemplate. They say there's only one chance in a hundred million that two would show up from different directions on the same day.

I guess that means it was a really "great" sign ... or that a bird has one wing.

8487535225_44f736d735.jpg

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

Meteorites are reminders of our solar system is an active, violent place. No reports of meteors in southern Cal. as far I know of. The recent Russian meteorite was the largest to struck the earth since the Tunguska explosion (coincidentally in Russia) back in 1908.

This new one may need to be vetted, but it's interesting to watch. The reports of a sonic boom are hard to distinguish from what might be gunfire. There are a lot of guns in Saudi Arabia.

It's still unclear if we're seeing a significant uptick in activity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIA1rXxKAOA

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

Thats an odd trajectory for a meteorite bit I guess any trajectory is possible. The video appears to be a reupload so mit would need to be properly dated.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by AsteroidX

The Russian meteor is reportedly the largest infrasound ever recorded by the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty, which have monitoring sites networked around the globe.

I wonder if the elephants in India could hear it. It would be interesting to see if any were caught on film around this time, in zoos for example.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

Exactly. You could go a thousand years without one and then have three in a week. That is the nature of random events.

Hope springs eternal ... – Alexander Pope, An Essay on Man

Edited by Raptor Witness

Our sun and Jupiter catch most of the incoming debris that our solar system encounters from the outside. The material inside travels with us at the same rate of speed. However, if we experience larger gravity waves near the galactic plane, which I believe will happen, then the asteroid belt could be disturbed.

I suspect this may already be happening.

• 2 months later...

When my brother and I were young, we would shoot arrows straight up into the sky, and watch them fall nearby. We never worried about it, but we were kids.

Perhaps the moon was just hit by one of those arrows ... that we never retrieved.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 2