Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Woman savagely attacked by feral cats

feral cats wild cats belfort josette galliot

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,590 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

A band of wild cats pounced on a French woman this week and attacked her as she walked her pet dog. The traumatised woman was reportedly left with a gashed artery and bites to her arms and legs in what a vet said was an unprecedented assault.

http://www.thelocal....tack-dog-walker

Posted Image

#2    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

Wow, now that's just plain crazy.  Almost sounds like that lady took a walk through pet cemetery or something. Weird that the cats hung out in a pack.

Edited by WoIverine, 25 July 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#3    msmike1

msmike1

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

Holy Crap! That is nuts. I knew there was a reason I disliked cats. Maybe it's just those damned French cats.

Mike

#4    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

oh wow thats intense! and terrifying

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#5    Cerbero

Cerbero

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

I don´t dislike cats, but if the attack was non provoked, the whole gang should get caught / shot, human safety is first

#6    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

was she at all, perhaps wearing catnip? you know some people are into some pretty crazy things latley, bath salts now catnip

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#7    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

I agree with the vet this is unprecedented.
We just had a woman savagely attacked by 15 dogs in downtown Houston  a day or two ago, while heading for the bus stop. She is was in very serious condition as she suffered a heart attack from the attack. Not sure how she is today.
Dog attacks are not so uncommon.

#8    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

She was walking a dog.  I am guessing that may have had something to do with it.  Perhaps dogs had attacked them at some point and that set them off.

#9    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,554 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

Feral cats definitely form 'prides' like lions.

My baby son and I were attacked by a cat in the house way back when... it was really scary and did quite a bit of damage, and that was only 1 cat.

Embrace the impossible.

#10    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostPurplos, on 25 July 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

My baby son and I were attacked by a cat in the house way back when... it was really scary and did quite a bit of damage, and that was only 1 cat.

Did your little boy get hurt?...

I saw a video once of a lady in a supermarket, she was browsing through some things, and this cat was lurking through the shelving and attacked her.. Her face was covered in scratches and she was shaken up.. I can't recall who removed the cat, but I remember how fierce this tabby was..

My own two cats are not trusted...I normally have to watch them when my baby son is about.. and keep his little hands away from them..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 26 July 2013 - 12:14 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#11    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,554 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

Did your little boy get hurt?...

I was sitting on the floor with my son lying across my lap. The cat basically grabbed his head and scratched and bit him. Split his eyelid open - I was hysterical thinking it punctured his eye.. there was so much blood -- and sliced him up pretty badly. Shredded my thigh and bit a chunk out of my leg. When I turned away and got on my knees to scramble to my feet, it attacked my foot and bit through the bottom of it. My foot, ankle and thigh were covered in deep scratches that scarred.  This all happened in the matter of a minute or two until I got on my feet and the cat bolted into the back room.

He's 15 now and has a very rakish scar across his eyelid and eyebrow.  ;)

Edited by Purplos, 26 July 2013 - 12:29 AM.

Embrace the impossible.

#12    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,666 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:48 AM

I love cats, but if I would be in that situation I would be `kicking for a field-goal´ and wringing some necks. They were cats not lions.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#13    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

View PostPurplos, on 25 July 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

I had a small, very tame cat that used to like to walk around the edge of the tub while I was taking a bath. It slipped into the water one day and tore me up pretty good in a matter of seconds. People don't realize how razor sharp their claws are until they are wrapped around you. To think of that happening to a baby is terrifying!

#14    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

View PostPurplos, on 26 July 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

I was sitting on the floor with my son lying across my lap. The cat basically grabbed his head and scratched and bit him. Split his eyelid open - I was hysterical thinking it punctured his eye.. there was so much blood -- and sliced him up pretty badly. Shredded my thigh and bit a chunk out of my leg. When I turned away and got on my knees to scramble to my feet, it attacked my foot and bit through the bottom of it. My foot, ankle and thigh were covered in deep scratches that scarred.  This all happened in the matter of a minute or two until I got on my feet and the cat bolted into the back room.

He's 15 now and has a very rakish scar across his eyelid and eyebrow.  ;)

Oh my word, that was one nasty cat, your son is lucky he didn't loose an eye..That must have been a horrible experience, especially for your baby boy at the time..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#15    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

six cats, dragged an adult human to the ground.....?
they must've been VERY big cats.
not those talking ones you see on youtube.....

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users