Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Pilot reports 'UFO' as he lands at UK airport

airbus 320 ufo pilot glasgow uk airprox board

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#136    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 05 May 2013 - 01:58 AM, said:

kludge,
Whoa, the Sheep Person called my name in her ever so lovely voice. :-)

you say it was a " non-event", but do you know this for sure? dont make me ask for proof now,... ; )

i tend to think it was  a military project crash fail and the ufo story being a "we have alien technology" facade to intimidate the world.
It was a military fail - a balloon, to be exact, one of several projects used to detect soviet nuke tests.  The initial news story was that they did, in fact, have a crashed flying saucer but it was changed to "weather balloon" the next day.  It wasn't until 1994(?) that the AF admitted what it really was but by that time the UFO crowd had latched onto it starting circa 1980 and created all kinds of (conflicting) stories & conspiracy theories.  Until then, though, it was a non-event in the UFO world.

BTW, Friedman is the sort of person who'd try to sell a bridge with which you're no doubt familiar. :-)

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#137    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 05 May 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

Hey Kludge,

Old buddy, just wanted to insert a small comment on two points in your post:
Not a worry.  We tend to agree on a lot of things anyway.  :-)

Precisely, and especially in the 1950s a research/development position for someone good was a lifetime position. Somebody shuttling between 6 jobs in 14 years is rather disturbing.
Given some folks make their livings at being transient engineers etc, I don't see it as a problem.  (I did so as a draftsman for a while.  It was income and I needed that so didn't mind the transient nature of the work.)  Doing so and claiming that it shows how great he was I find not only disturbing but deceitful.  All it shows is that he was mediocre at best.

<snip>
Ummm ... watch where you point those things! :P

Frankly, I would actually put him in a class worse. He is a charlatan, but he is one clever charlatan and neither Hoagland nor Lazar is as clever as him in my honest opinion. Sadly, he uses his cleverness in a dishonest way.
As Bison(?) said before, follow the money.  His income increased rather a lot going on the UFO circuit and he admitted in his book that he could say anything and people would believe him.  But, you're right.  Hoagland & Lazar don't measure up - er, down - to his lack of conscious.

#138    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 05 May 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

Its called the All mighty $$$$$$$$ Badeskov`s ! THis is why Friedman is still on the sorta best or kinda sorta best seller list in all the Roswell Book stores !
As for the Charlatans in the UFO field there too many to even name,but can be caught sometimes out in the Fields at night walking in circles !,and spirials,and squiggley directions.

In that case Hawass is the best seller in Egyptocrapology.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#139    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:26 AM

and thanks for replying kludge.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#140    jeem

jeem

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• Anti Darwin Theory-
    "Survival of the Most Idiot"

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 30 April 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

He's just a stupid pilot. He didn't see crap. As for the rest of the crew, mass hallucination covers that.

lol.

#141    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 05 May 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

and thanks for replying kludge.
My pleasure.  It was a good question, I should add.  :-)

#142    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,787 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostSheep Smart, on 05 May 2013 - 05:22 AM, said:

Its Hittin the top of the List I bet ? Somewhere ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#143    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

View PostMrSerendipity, on 04 May 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

The following is an extract from, 'Is Stanton Friedman For Real?' By Alfred Lehmberg, and the entire article can be read here: http://rense.com/general63/stanton.htm

Note: The first paragraph refers to the flying saucer/alien debunkers. I think you should take some time out from posting negativism onto this forum and to read the entire article which will only take up a few minutes of your time.

"In comparison with Stanton Friedman, though, they fall way short -- their meager shell won't even clear the gun tube. This is ~despite~ the huge amounts of powder provided by the hijacked mainstream to get that round down range.

"This is further illustrated by the ease with which Friedman will dispatch the occasional brave (if haplessly clueless) soul who gathers up the sack required to join the long list of "noisy negativists" crushed, decisively, in debate with him. There are numerous examples of same on Kimball's films. Dispute Stanton Friedman on the issues, bunky, and scamper from a righteous fray with your tail tucked between your legs making whipped-puppy-Ned-Beatty noises... I digress.

"Flatly, the arguments of Friedman's opposition make assumptions based on contrived ignorance, intellectual infidelity, obstinate illogic, wishful thinking, denied fear, and rank complacency. They are arguments larded with confident sounding if baseless assertions based on varying tinctures of the preceding six performance indicators, and they only serve to provide for what, in the final analysis, can only be sack-less cowardice -- intellectual and otherwise. Such is, and has been, the ongoing prosecution of the arguments from the opposition.

"Friedman's pompously ignorant and conflicted detractors ascribes humanistic psychological motives to aliens, facilitating a fallacious relegation of them to dismissible myth. It waxes knowledgably on the physical impossibilities of alien propulsion systems then references their superiority later to preclude us from a possibility of accidentally bringing one of them down... then it blithely leaps back to foregone conclusions on the unlikelihood of alien technologies with which to start. Astonishing! They seem unaware of this strange dichotomy, themselves..."

LOL, Good advice is it? You know who wrote that by fan tosh? Alfred Lehmberg. He failed public school teaching. Must be quite the researcher huh? LOL. Gosh, all you have done here is validate the skeptics!

Here is another one of Stanton's nuggets of wisdom for you:

“Absence of Evidence is Evidence for Absence.”

LINK

Posted Image

Edited by psyche101, 06 May 2013 - 03:13 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#144    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 05 May 2013 - 05:22 AM, said:

I am not so sure, he has toys like this

Posted Image

Which I reckon provides the data that trumps the people who use their intuition to come to the conclusions that pyramids are giant alien power plants.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#145    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,787 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

Tin Foil hats are the thing tonight ! A bit of a yank that dosnt see that Even Great Pilots can see things that are wacky !

This is a Work in Progress!

#146    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 06 May 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

Tin Foil hats are the thing tonight ! A bit of a yank that dosnt see that Even Great Pilots can see things that are wacky !

This one was a fizzer though mate, the pilot himself reckons it was probably a glider.

Wait till I get on a plane later this year. Pilots are going to see something whacky then.

Posted Image

#147    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 May 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

I am not so sure, he has toys like this

Posted Image

Which I reckon provides the data that trumps the people who use their intuition to come to the conclusions that pyramids are giant alien power plants.
No, no, no!  It's clear from the shape linguistics of that device that its intent is to restart the crystalline powerplant hence the green cabling.  (Green = "go".)  Further, the treads top and bottom say that the powerplant also has a tractor beam associated with it while the chain thingie in back obviously points to the fact that all the pyramids are linked together.  There's more but I'm sure you can see it without my interpretation.

#148    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostKludge808, on 06 May 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

No, no, no!  It's clear from the shape linguistics of that device that its intent is to restart the crystalline powerplant hence the green cabling.  (Green = "go".)  Further, the treads top and bottom say that the powerplant also has a tractor beam associated with it while the chain thingie in back obviously points to the fact that all the pyramids are linked together.  There's more but I'm sure you can see it without my interpretation.

It's all in the logistics. Vitrification gives everything away here.
:D

#149    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,043 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostMrSerendipity, on 04 May 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

The following is an extract from, 'Is Stanton Friedman For Real?' By Alfred Lehmberg, and the entire article can be read here: http://rense.com/general63/stanton.htm

"In comparison with Stanton Friedman, though, they fall way short -- their meager shell won't even clear the gun tube. This is ~despite~ the huge amounts of powder provided by the hijacked mainstream to get that round down range.

"This is further illustrated by the ease with which Friedman will dispatch the occasional brave (if haplessly clueless) soul who gathers up the sack required to join the long list of "noisy negativists" crushed, decisively, in debate with him. There are numerous examples of same on Kimball's films. Dispute Stanton Friedman on the issues, bunky, and scamper from a righteous fray with your tail tucked between your legs making whipped-puppy-Ned-Beatty noises... I digress.

"Flatly, the arguments of Friedman's opposition make assumptions based on contrived ignorance, intellectual infidelity, obstinate illogic, wishful thinking, denied fear, and rank complacency. They are arguments larded with confident sounding if baseless assertions based on varying tinctures of the preceding six performance indicators, and they only serve to provide for what, in the final analysis, can only be sack-less cowardice -- intellectual and otherwise. Such is, and has been, the ongoing prosecution of the arguments from the opposition.

"Friedman's pompously ignorant and conflicted detractors ascribes humanistic psychological motives to aliens, facilitating a fallacious relegation of them to dismissible myth. It waxes knowledgably on the physical impossibilities of alien propulsion systems then references their superiority later to preclude us from a possibility of accidentally bringing one of them down... then it blithely leaps back to foregone conclusions on the unlikelihood of alien technologies with which to start. Astonishing! They seem unaware of this strange dichotomy, themselves..."
great Scott, One Direction fans are more rational and less fawning than that. I bet Mr. Lemburg has posters of the great man all over his walls, and I bet he's also painted a likeness of his face on his bathroom mirror, so that when he looks at it, he can pretend that he is the Great man.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#150    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,720 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 06 May 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

great Scott, One Direction fans are more rational and less fawning than that. I bet Mr. Lemburg has posters of the great man all over his walls, and I bet he's also painted a likeness of his face on his bathroom mirror, so that when he looks at it, he can pretend that he is the Great man.

It does reek of hero worship doesn't it?

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users