Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 13 votes

A party with all the UM members.

• Please log in to reply
4126 replies to this topic

#3751    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

A wonderful thought, Big D.

Captain is on the bridge!

Posted Image

Edited by Hazzard, 18 January 2013 - 05:36 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#3752    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,823 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

View PostDBunker, on 17 January 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

I forgot what my job was..... nothing with cleaning, or dishes, THAT I remember. :unsure2:
I don't exactly remember what my job was either, but that's ok. I'm ready for the next mission. Just get me a window seat and one of badescov's awesome cocktails and I'm ready to go. I'll be looking forward to that Texas BBQ D. Also, please give my regards to MID's widow D. The next flight's for him so lets make it a great one.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#3753    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,583 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

View Postsusieice, on 19 January 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

I don't exactly remember what my job was either, but that's ok. I'm ready for the next mission. Just get me a window seat and one of badescov's awesome cocktails and I'm ready to go. I'll be looking forward to that Texas BBQ D. Also, please give my regards to MID's widow D. The next flight's for him so lets make it a great one.
We shall keep our mission statement alive ! To the Planets,and beyond ! THe New flt deck crew will be in training,as will all the crew members and everyone is invited to come on board for our First open Ship tour in a day or so . I`ll be posting our New Mission  ASAP. Mid `s Life Celebration party will be Tonight at 0:0thirty  or as close to it as possibel. Bring your Imaginations.
I know we can do this ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#3754    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,885 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

An excellent post Psyche, and better than I could ever have expressed it. I would, however, like to just add to the following part:

View Postpsyche101, on 18 January 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

<snip>

I would like to express a special thanks to Donteatus for keep us all in the loop. As sad as the news is, I feel privileged to take part in honouring this fine man and his accomplishments. Without you D, we would be none the wiser, down here I might have never known. You are a champion, and you would be making MID proud I reckon. Cheers Buddy. You are top shelf. :tu:

I too feel very privileged to take part in honoring this great man, not only for his accomplishments in life, but also for his ability to convey information in a very educative and inspirational way sprinkling over it his special sense of humor. And his choice was to generously share his wealth of information here at UM. It is in a moment like this that the quibbles and deep felt disagreements here at UM suddenly turn into an insignificant sideshow, dwarfed by the magnitude of the personality of the man and his legacy that has now passed. UM has truly lost one of its great ones and the void left behind by MID will be hard to fill by anyone, if ever possible.

MID, may you find peace at your final resting place while your spirit travels the black void between stars and planets, exploring the vastness of space as you helped others do those many years ago from behind a console. You are already sorely missed.

Posted Image

And Big D., you are indeed top shelf, not that I have ever had any doubts of that.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#3755    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,583 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

At Zero Dark thirty we will all go out onto the tarmack and pause for a few moments for our Great Capt,Mid
We then will gather for a sign up of mission placement and crew postitons.
I would like to see how many want to go to the MOON first mission to build a monument to Our Space Hero`s .
Then lets throw around some ideas,on how we could write NASA a letter wishing them a wonderful new start for the 2013 year.
After we all ck in on our crew list We can appoint some jobs ect.
Then we better break for a party Mid style !
Over ! :tu:

#3756    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,583 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

I will be adding some Mid Life Info very Soon !  What A Guy He was ! :tu:
*SNIP* Wink at the Moon at night for him too !

Edited by Lilly, 29 January 2013 - 10:17 PM.
personal information

#3757    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

I need a drink.

Anyone wanna join me? :tsu:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#3758    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,885 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

View PostDBunker, on 04 February 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

I need a drink.

Drink coming right up...and I'll have one with you :tu:

Posted Image

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#3759    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

Ahh, thanks, Badeskov. :nw: Not that it matters, but.... whats in it?

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#3760    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,885 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

View PostDBunker, on 04 February 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

Ahh, thanks, Badeskov. :nw: Not that it matters, but.... whats in it?

You are most welcome, DB :) It's a Long Island Iced Tea, so it has vodka, gin, tequila, and rum made with iced tea instead of coke, the latter which is the norm.

Cheers,
Badeskov

#3761    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 04 February 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

You are most welcome, DB :) It's a Long Island Iced Tea, so it has vodka, gin, tequila, and rum made with iced tea instead of coke, the latter which is the norm.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Correction.

It was a Long Island Iced Tea with vodka gin, tequila rum................

:D

Now where did I put my Flaming Lamborghini?

:w00t:

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#3762    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

View PostDBunker, on 04 February 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

I need a drink.

I need no invite mate. I am already there :w00t: Just look for the changes and try and keep up :D

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#3763    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,596 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

happy valentine's everybody :st

Posted Image

#3764    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,596 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

#3765    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,400 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

...And don't forget tomorrow is my birthday! :clap: :tsu: :su :st :w00t: :tu: B-Day party!!!

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users