Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

US military leaders on childhood obesity

military schools childhood obesity

  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,748 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

Military Leaders Point to Schools in U.S. Obesity Fight



By Susan Heavey
WASHINGTON (Reuters) Sep 25 - Former U.S. military leaders have identified a latent threat to the potential for a leaner, more agile fighting force: the school vending machine.
(required free registrations to read.)

Why on earth should retired military leaders have anything to say about this? I find it extremely inappropriate. I do not respect military leaders of any sort!!]

http://www.missionreadiness.org/

Edited by regeneratia, 29 September 2012 - 02:47 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#2    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,748 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

WHY on earth retired US Military Leaders need to weigh in on the childhood obesity issue? Exactly why are they commenting on something that has nothing whatsoever to do with the military. My child is absolutely NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!! I didn’t birth and raise him, along with all the financial investment in him to allow your horrible, evil people to get your hands on him. He has been endoctrinated to know how evil and bad the military is. Unless you torture him, as the military is wont to do, you will never get him.

Your first mistake is assuming that we respect the retired military leaders opinions on this matter. We don’t.

First of all, I certainly DO NOT ADMIRE military leaders, From the total sexual immorality of the officers are FT. Leavenworth to the Child sexual abuse and satanic worship at the Presido, with the STDs given to children, with well over 2000 children effected by the military’s immoral and criminal behaviors, along with the tortures and deliberate dissociations of children’s personalities. Then we could mention the way that officers have been randomly killing innocent civilians in all those illegal, unfounded wars. And I have not let go of the possibility that you have created little scenarios within this country to instill fear in the US masses, to do your questionable psyops on The People who pay you.

What happened to your oath to Defend the US Constitution from enemies foreign and domestic? You inaction on the issues of the Patriot Act and the NDAA show that you no longer respect the US Constitution and the US Bill of rights. You totally laid down on your job, Generals and Admirals. You falsely tell us that you are defending our freedoms.  I cannot remember a time when you really have defended what it means to be an American and to have the freedoms afforded by the US Bill of Rights and the US Constitution. On the one day when the US Military could have, the military STOOD DOWN. And you still think we respect you? No, we don’t.

No one will forget the total and absolute FAILURE OF THE US MILITARY ON 9-11. Yet ironically, they were rewarded heavily for their FAILURE that day. Just wondering why that is, what agenda is leading the military and how can we remove that agenda from the military, and get it back to the way it was. Yet that day lead to two separate wars, if not more, where the US Military also failed in Iraq and Afghanistan, not to mention GItmo. But hey, the military leaders got lots of good photos  of torture, which I am sure were fodder for really great circle jerks among you.

I tend too agree with Philip K. Dick on the issue of generals: If Generals don’t have a war, they will drum one up. No one wants feel obsolete, and so it is with Generals and Admirals. But you are indeed obsolete, no matter how many wars you start, and how many terrorists you pay to terrorize us.

And now you want to lay in on the issuances from our natural humanity by encouraging the starving our children.

I would tell you all to go to Hell, but you are already aimed that direction, Admirals and Generals. What I will do, is pray for your enlightenment and a reversal of your horrible, cruel and horrific practices.

May your souls be instantly and totally remodeled into the Light, Generals and Admirals, because I feel you have totally lost what it means to be human and what it means to be your brother’s keeper. May you all lose the need to kill fellow human beings.

It is time to put the Big Guns down, LittleLittleLittle (and I really mean tiny) boys. Your day is near.

Edited by regeneratia, 29 September 2012 - 02:50 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#3    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,748 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

When the military gets a hold of a young man, ...
they poison him, ...
they radiate him, ...
they maime him, ...
and
They teach him to love killing other human beings.


And then when this young man has had his fill of systemic military abuse,
then he or she when  finally recognizes it as such (for they do abuse our sons and daughters), he leaves the military.

He leaves to fight the other military battle:
to access the benefits of the military he was promised throughout but will never get, fighting a unnegotionable system that tells him he is not qualified to access these benefits, when he has actually paid for it over and over and over again.

Good gods, todays military system really is horrible and inhumane.
The US military leaders are totally liars.

Protect your sons and daughters. Nothing is worth what the US Military does to our children, our loved ones, our future. The US Military is not fighting for our American rights anymore. They simply are not.

Our children are safer fat.

Edited by regeneratia, 29 September 2012 - 03:10 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#4    Drayno

Drayno

    Reverend Dudemeister

  • Member
  • 3,672 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

When I was in high school I got my lunch out of the vending machine.

XP

I only weigh a good 150lbs.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#5    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,748 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

Stupid, mentally dense and strangely motivated military leaders think we are not exposed to other information.They think we are the ones who are stupid. Or perhaps they are extremely narrow minded and do not see all that there is surrounding this issue.

Meanwhile:

Obesity in Children Linked to Higher Urinary Bisphenol A

Emma Hitt, PhD
http://www.medscape....warticle/771146
September 18, 2012 — Obese children and adolescents have a higher concentration of bisphenol A (BPA) in their urine than their healthy-weight peers, according to the findings of a nationally representative cross-sectional sample.


----------




Obesogens: An Environmental Link to Obesity

Wendee Holtcamp  http://www.medscape....warticle/758210
Posted: 02/14/2012; Environ Health Perspect. 2012;120(2):a62-a68. © 2012 National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
Abstract and Introduction

Introduction

Obesity has risen steadily in the United States over the past 150 years,[1] with a marked uptick in recent decades.[2] In the United States today more than 35% of adults[3] and nearly 17% of children aged 2–19 years are obese.[4] Obesity plagues people not just in the United States but worldwide, including, increasingly, developing countries.[5] Even animals—pets, laboratory animals, and urban rats—have experienced increases in average body weight over the past several decades,[6] trends not necessarily explained by diet and exercise. In the words of Robert H. Lustig, a professor of clinical pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco, "[E]ven those at the lower end of the BMI [body mass index] curve are gaining weight. Whatever is happening is happening to everyone, suggesting an environmental trigger."[7]
Many in the medical and exercise physiology communities remain wedded to poor diet and lack of exercise as the sole causes of obesity. However, researchers are gathering convincing evidence of chemical "obesogens"—dietary, pharmaceutical, and industrial compounds that may alter metabolic processes and predispose some people to gain weight.[8,9]

-----------------------

Students push back on new school lunches



by Nanci Hellmich, USA TODAY

Updated 18h 15m agohttp://www.usatoday....nch/57842204/1b


Healthier school lunches, required for the first time this year, are getting some push back from students and teachers across the USA who say they are still hungry after eating the noon meal.
A new YouTube video parody, created by two teachers and some high school students in Kansas, has students singing We Are Hungry as they try to make it through the school day. Among the lyrics: "Give me some seconds/ I need to get some food today/ My friends are at the corner store/ Getting junk so they don't waste away." The video had been viewed more than 100,000 times by early Tuesday evening.
Other students from Massachusetts to South Dakota have spoken out about the new meals on websites and blogs, and some are brown-bagging it as a boycott to the healthier school meals.



Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#6    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,748 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

I didn't gain any weight until I had children at the age of 40. I was not overweight in high school and did no sports whatsoever. I didn't drink fluoridated tap water either.


View PostDrayno, on 29 September 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

When I was in high school I got my lunch out of the vending machine.

XP

I only weigh a good 150lbs.


Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#7    Hasina

Hasina

    Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

  • Member
  • 3,032 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Female

  • JINKIES

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

I drink tap water, ate from the vending machines at school, brought food from home for lunch and I've always been a twig. It's all in the genes, some people burn through stuff, others need to moderate what they eat and exercise.

Posted Image

~MEH~


#8    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,748 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostHasina, on 29 September 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

I drink tap water, ate from the vending machines at school, brought food from home for lunch and I've always been a twig. It's all in the genes, some people burn through stuff, others need to moderate what they eat and exercise.

As the above research indicates, it is NOT all in the genes. You repeated a great and comprehensive MYTH.
Please read the research. Must register freely first tho.

Edited by regeneratia, 29 September 2012 - 10:51 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#9    Hasina

Hasina

    Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

  • Member
  • 3,032 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Female

  • JINKIES

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

It's all in the water! Wait.. Why the bloody heck do I have to sign up?

Posted Image

~MEH~


#10    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,748 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

View PostHasina, on 29 September 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

It's all in the water! Wait.. Why the bloody heck do I have to sign up?

WebMD requires it. And also it is a site that serves the medical professional, a Dr. Nurse, and all those that surround health care.
I did a spare one, a spare account there that I share with friends which gives no personal information at all. It is easy to do. And it is free. I have been registered there since the mid-ninties, before the nasty WebMD bought it.

And I think it is all in the chemicals that are applied on and in our foods. It could also be in the current vaccine schedule, but that is my own speculation, while I am not solid on thinking it is.

Edited by regeneratia, 29 September 2012 - 11:05 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#11    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,748 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

Pick your own link:

http://search.yahoo....=UTF-8&fr=moz35

http://search.yahoo....=UTF-8&fr=moz35

http://www.motherear...fz1202zhun.aspx


View Postregeneratia, on 29 September 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

Stupid, mentally dense and strangely motivated military leaders think we are not exposed to other information.They think we are the ones who are stupid. Or perhaps they are extremely narrow minded and do not see all that there is surrounding this issue.

Meanwhile:

Obesity in Children Linked to Higher Urinary Bisphenol A

Emma Hitt, PhD
http://www.medscape....warticle/771146
September 18, 2012 — Obese children and adolescents have a higher concentration of bisphenol A (BPA) in their urine than their healthy-weight peers, according to the findings of a nationally representative cross-sectional sample.


----------




Obesogens: An Environmental Link to Obesity

Wendee Holtcamp  http://www.medscape....warticle/758210
Posted: 02/14/2012; Environ Health Perspect. 2012;120(2):a62-a68. © 2012 National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
Abstract and Introduction

Introduction

Obesity has risen steadily in the United States over the past 150 years,[1] with a marked uptick in recent decades.[2] In the United States today more than 35% of adults[3] and nearly 17% of children aged 2–19 years are obese.[4] Obesity plagues people not just in the United States but worldwide, including, increasingly, developing countries.[5] Even animals—pets, laboratory animals, and urban rats—have experienced increases in average body weight over the past several decades,[6] trends not necessarily explained by diet and exercise. In the words of Robert H. Lustig, a professor of clinical pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco, "[E]ven those at the lower end of the BMI [body mass index] curve are gaining weight. Whatever is happening is happening to everyone, suggesting an environmental trigger."[7]
Many in the medical and exercise physiology communities remain wedded to poor diet and lack of exercise as the sole causes of obesity. However, researchers are gathering convincing evidence of chemical "obesogens"—dietary, pharmaceutical, and industrial compounds that may alter metabolic processes and predispose some people to gain weight.[8,9]

-----------------------

Students push back on new school lunches



by Nanci Hellmich, USA TODAY

Updated 18h 15m agohttp://www.usatoday....nch/57842204/1b


Healthier school lunches, required for the first time this year, are getting some push back from students and teachers across the USA who say they are still hungry after eating the noon meal.
A new YouTube video parody, created by two teachers and some high school students in Kansas, has students singing We Are Hungry as they try to make it through the school day. Among the lyrics: "Give me some seconds/ I need to get some food today/ My friends are at the corner store/ Getting junk so they don't waste away." The video had been viewed more than 100,000 times by early Tuesday evening.
Other students from Massachusetts to South Dakota have spoken out about the new meals on websites and blogs, and some are brown-bagging it as a boycott to the healthier school meals.




Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#12    Wickian

Wickian

    Doppelganger

  • Member
  • 3,653 posts
  • Joined:11 May 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

It all comes down to calories.  If you eat more than your body uses in a day, you'll gain weight.  There's nothing complicated about it.

Eating home-cooked food does wonders for getting more filling meals for less calories.

I can make and eat full size(18 inch)homemade pizza and only eat roughly half my daily calorie limit from it.  I have no idea where the calories come from in the store bought ones, but a homemade one only has around 1000 calories in it.


#13    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,748 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

Go to the medical research articles. You are repeating a myth, just like everyone else is. But hey, don't feel bad, you are not alone.

And homemade pizzas are good. I have a stone for them.

View PostWickian, on 29 September 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

It all comes down to calories.  If you eat more than your body uses in a day, you'll gain weight.  There's nothing complicated about it.

Eating home-cooked food does wonders for getting more filling meals for less calories.

I can make and eat full size(18 inch)homemade pizza and only eat roughly half my daily calorie limit from it.  I have no idea where the calories come from in the store bought ones, but a homemade one only has around 1000 calories in it.


Edited by regeneratia, 29 September 2012 - 11:40 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#14    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,748 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

Insulin resistance leads to fat creation. this, just out. Don't get me started on later school start times. That is an entire thread all it's own.

Public release date: 29-Sep-2012, http://www.eurekaler...s-los092812.php
American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Lack of sleep leads to insulin resistance in teens

Extending sleep duration may help to reduce diabetes risk in youth

Darien, IL - A new study suggests that increasing the amount of sleep that teenagers get could improve their insulin resistance and prevent the future onset of diabetes.
"High levels of insulin resistance can lead to the development of diabetes," said lead author Karen Matthews, PhD, of the University of Pittsburgh Department of Psychiatry. "We found that if teens that normally get six hours of sleep per night get one extra hour of sleep, they would improve insulin resistance by 9 percent."
The study, appearing in the October issue of the journal SLEEP, tracked the sleep duration and insulin resistance levels of 245 healthy high school students. Participants provided a fasting blood draw, and they kept a sleep log and wore a wrist actigraph for one week during the school year. Sleep duration based on actigraphy averaged 6.4 hours over the week, with school days significantly lower than weekends.
Results show that higher insulin resistance is associated with shorter sleep duration independent of race, age, gender, waist circumference, and body mass index. According to Matthews, the study is the only one in healthy adolescents that shows a relationship between shorter sleep and insulin resistance that is independent of obesity.
The authors concluded that interventions to promote metabolic health in adolescence should include efforts to extend nightly sleep duration. The American Academy of Sleep Medicine reports that most teens need a little more than nine hours of sleep each night.

###

To request a copy of the study, "Sleep Duration and Insulin Resistance in Healthy Black and White Adolescents," or to arrange an interview with an AASM spokesperson, please contact Communications Coordinator Lynn Celmer at 630-737-9700, ext. 9364, or lcelmer@aasmnet.org.
The monthly, peer-reviewed, scientific journal SLEEP is published online by the Associated Professional Sleep Societies LLC, a joint venture of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and the Sleep Research Society. The AASM is a professional membership society that is the leader in setting standards and promoting excellence in sleep medicine health care, education and research.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#15    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

    I am not an irrational number

  • Member
  • 3,960 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

Caloric intake is NOT a myth.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."


July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users