Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Taking Alex Jones to the Wood Shed

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#16    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,621 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

View PostYamato, on 09 December 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

"Completely blame Israel for everything" == Straw.

What we're blaming Israel for, if that's even what we're doing, is what is presented in the video up for discussion.   If you can't find any problems with the substance there, you really have nothing I care to debate about because my position isn't what you say, it's what the video says.

Straw? He IS blaming Israel for everything. Even worse, he is justifying the horrible actions done by the palistinians. Basicaly saying "well they did (fill in the blank) first. Its a unproductive waste of time. Especialy if the goal is a two state solution.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#17    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,856 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 09 December 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

Straw? He IS blaming Israel for everything. Even worse, he is justifying the horrible actions done by the palistinians. Basicaly saying "well they did (fill in the blank) first. Its a unproductive waste of time. Especialy if the goal is a two state solution.
The scope of the video is "complete" and "everything"?   Nice try, but not even close.  

I don't see what you think he's "basically saying".  So take something out of the video that he is saying and quote it and tell me what your problem is.   If you go through the video and can't find anything, the debate's over as far as I'm concerned.  Good luck.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#18    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,856 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

If the refutation of Alex Jones in the OP video was "completely blaming Israel for everything" then Alex Jones must be "completely blaming Palestinians for everything" and I'm not going to entertain that Strawman any further.  That is nothing to do with what the debate is here.  That's just demagoguery reminiscent of Alex Jones.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#19    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,621 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Well I couldnt stomach watching the whole thing. Like I said, its a total waste of time pointing fingers at this point. So long as both sides continue down that path, the longer these worthless unproductive conversations are going to continue.

Yam I gotta say Im really surprised at your behavor on this subject. I have never known you not to be objectable. Ive never known you to be more interested in the problem, one sides no less, then the solution. But then, the Jews have always been treated with a irrational hate.

#20    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,621 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

View PostYamato, on 09 December 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

If the refutation of Alex Jones in the OP video was "completely blaming Israel for everything" then Alex Jones must be "completely blaming Palestinians for everything" and I'm not going to entertain that Strawman any further.  That is nothing to do with what the debate is here.  That's just demagoguery reminiscent of Alex Jones.

What the hell are you talking about? Alex was very clearly looking at the subject from both sides. Yam, help me understand. Why are you letting this subject change who you are? Why are you so quick to first basicaly ignore every point Ive made with acusations of strawman, then declare the debate is over cause it isnt going exactly how you think it should be? I'll see ya in the US politics section where you can be yourself.

#21    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,856 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 09 December 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

Well I couldnt stomach watching the whole thing. Like I said, its a total waste of time pointing fingers at this point. So long as both sides continue down that path, the longer these worthless unproductive conversations are going to continue.

Yam I gotta say Im really surprised at your behavor on this subject. I have never known you not to be objectable. Ive never known you to be more interested in the problem, one sides no less, then the solution. But then, the Jews have always been treated with a irrational hate.
I find the foreign policy of Ron Paul to be ironclad and bullet-proof.  I find the points made in this video to be utterly defensible.  If you think that Alex Jones is "completely blaming everything on Palestinians" expressed only by what he said in this one video, I don't know how to impress upon you how ridiculous that sounds.   It's just straw.  I think it's silly.  It isn't the framework from which any meaningful discussion is going to materialize.

Nowhere here can you glean that I'm not interested in the solution.  The solution is freedom.

#22    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,856 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 09 December 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

What the hell are you talking about? Alex was very clearly looking at the subject from both sides.
Exactly.  I'm talking the same straw you're talking.  Of course Alex Jones wasn't "blaming everything on the Palestinians."  That's just crazy talk.

#23    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,621 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

View PostYamato, on 09 December 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

I find the foreign policy of Ron Paul to be ironclad and bullet-proof.  I find the points made in this video to be utterly defensible.  If you think that Alex Jones is "completely blaming everything on Palestinians" expressed only by what he said in this one video, I don't know how to impress upon you how ridiculous that sounds.   It's just straw.  I think it's silly.  It isn't the framework from which any meaningful discussion is going to materialize.

Nowhere here can you glean that I'm not interested in the solution.  The solution is freedom.

I dont think Alex is doing any such thing.

You striaght said Israel has no right to exist. That kinda solution is going to get someone nuked. Why cant you recognize that no progress can be made till both sides recognize the others right to exist? If that isnt the start of peace talks, then there will never be peace.

Look Yam, I like you alot. You are one of my favorite posters on here. I really gotta say though, I think you are acting irrational when it comes to this subject.

#24    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,621 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostYamato, on 09 December 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

Exactly.  I'm talking the same straw you're talking.  Of course Alex Jones wasn't "blaming everything on the Palestinians."  That's just crazy talk.

But what does that have to do with the fact that the other WAS blaming everything on Israel?

#25    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,856 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 09 December 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

But what does that have to do with the fact that the other WAS blaming everything on Israel?
To use your word as loosely as you do, everything.  

Let the record show, you couldn't even produce ONE THING from this video or Ron Paul's video to dispute.  Your disagreement depends upon your own rhetoric and I'm sorry I can't take it seriously.

#26    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,621 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

I mean Alex would make a point, then the other guy would be all like " Oh why doesnt Alex tell his listeners how Israel shot children at a funneral from helicopters? WHAT? Unproductive, and probably propaganda.

#27    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,621 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostYamato, on 09 December 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

To use your word as loosely as you do, everything.  

Let the record show, you couldn't even produce ONE THING from this video or Ron Paul's video to dispute.  Your disagreement depends upon your own rhetoric and I'm sorry I can't take it seriously.

I didnt watch Rons video. I already know full well how Ron feels about our involvement with Israel. And I totaly agree with him. If he did go into a blame game regarding Israel and the Pals, then thats outta charactor for him, especialy with all the non intervention he preaches. Im on the side of non intervention.

#28    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,856 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 09 December 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

I dont think Alex is doing any such thing.

You striaght said Israel has no right to exist. That kinda solution is going to get someone nuked. Why cant you recognize that no progress can be made till both sides recognize the others right to exist? If that isnt the start of peace talks, then there will never be peace.

Look Yam, I like you alot. You are one of my favorite posters on here. I really gotta say though, I think you are acting irrational when it comes to this subject.
I don't think he is either.  I think the assertion is laughable.  I can't believe you think the refutation in this video includes everything.  Maybe it's just everything you know of.

"Rational" discussions hedging their rhetoric in defense of statist tyranny from any government foreign or domestic is despicable to me.   I'm biased.  Same as you.  Same as everyone else.

#29    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,621 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Well till you are willing to admit hamas is wrong when they say Israel has no right to exist, then it doesnt matter what you take seriously.

#30    lancimouspitt

lancimouspitt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

I agree with Preacherman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users