Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘Ningen’ humanoid sea creatures of the

Still Waters

Over the past few years, rumors have circulated in Japan about the existence of gigantic humanoid life-forms inhabiting the icy waters of the Antarctic.

Reportedly observed on multiple occasions by crew members of government-operated "whale research" ships, these so-called "Ningen" (lit. "humans") are said to be completely white in color with an estimated length of 20 to 30 meters.Eyewitnesses describe them as having a human-like shape, often with legs, arms, and even five-fingered hands. Sometimes they are described as having fins or a large mermaid-like tail instead of legs. The only visible facial features are the eyes and mouth.

According to one account, crew members on deck observed what they initially thought was a foreign submarine in the distance. When they approached, however, it became clear from the irregular shape of the thing that it was not man-made -- it was alive. The creature quickly disappeared under water.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I found this when I was looking for something else, so thought I'd post it. Don't shoot the messenger :D

Eyewitnesses describe them as having a human-like shape, often with legs, arms, and even five-fingered hands. Sometimes they are described as having fins or a large mermaid-like tail instead of legs. The only visible facial features are the eyes and mouth.

According to one account, crew members on deck observed what they initially thought was a foreign submarine in the distance. When they approached, however, it became clear from the irregular shape of the thing that it was not man-made -- it was alive. The creature quickly disappeared under water.

Behold, a 'Ningen':

Ba_breach.jpg

:rofl:

Edited by Verneph

I found this when I was looking for something else, so thought I'd post it. Don't shoot the messenger :D

Good find. I have not heard of this one. Yet another batch of fun for all of us, LOL. Hmmm, the" pics" make me think it could be a type of whale but with Whaling history being so long and large I would find it hard to believe that one was not killed. Again, hmmmm. Thanks Still.

Too much Saki being consumed by the crew could account for these misidentifications.

• Like 1

Giant underwater whale people... sounds like a good story, but not much more.

• Like 1

Steller's Sea Ape?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steller's_sea_ape

A variant on the Sea Cow?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steller%27s_sea_cow

A new species of Elephant Seals?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_seal

Frost Giants that have fallen in the ocean??

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

very interesting and kinda creepy. maybe they're aliens that hide in antarctica because nobody lives there

The creature in the first image is quite convincing. I hate it when "artist impressions" are included. These are less than worthless and detract from the true facts of evidence. They're aren't humanoid at all and wouldn't walk upright on land by the look of them. Interesting topic though

post-94765-0-39455700-1312019533_thumb.j

Edited by Le Lapedalleur

The creature in the first image is quite convincing. I hate it when "artist impressions" are included. These are less than worthless and detract from the true facts of evidence. They're aren't humanoid at all and wouldn't walk upright on land by the look of them. Interesting topic though

Ive seen posts of yours where you specify the mythic creature and its behavior with nothing more then a blurry video or photo to go by, sometimes no photo at all, just an ambiguous description. How exactly is that following the "true facts"?

That 2nd picture kinda looks like those "walkers" out there in California that someone caught on their home surveillance camera.

They're Antarctican spirits of the deep cold worldz beyond human dimensions! :o

Edited by Emin

So THAT'S what they're going to be "researching" now that they seem to finally be bowing to international pressure to stop whaling scientific research of whales.

• Like 1

I think Diechecker is on the right path.

What would be the point of fingers underwater? Would not at least webbing be appropriate?

Interesting tale, it sure would be neat if something like this was to show up.

If its a sea creature why would it need legs, what would it accomplish on land ?

That second artist's impression is quite bizarre - imagine seeing that come out of the water and waddle towards you..

The description kind of sounds a bit like Beluga whales?...except for the getting out of the water and walking around part...whales obviously don't do that.

I dunno...maybe over consumption of saki could be a contributing factor. :unsure2:

• Like 1

A couple of those look like melting ice bergs, the ones that aren't artist impressions.

I checked WIki, which does have a mention but only links back to the same page from the OP.

Also says this under the discussion part of the page:

No evidence that anyone has ever seen one

So far, all that has been provided as references are a link to the same blog, and a forum post by someone named "Ningen" on a topic that dosen't relate to these so called cryptids. There isn't a single piece of evidence beyond one obviously CGI video, and a few faked photographs on some blogs and forums. If an actual Reference beyond internet rumor is not found, this page will be deleted.

I wonder if it's something like Slenderman.

If its a sea creature why would it need legs, what would it accomplish on land ?

That second artist's impression is quite bizarre - imagine seeing that come out of the water and waddle towards you..

I wouldnt worry....it looks 'armless ' enough...:)

The description kind of sounds a bit like Beluga whales?...except for the getting out of the water and walking around part...whales obviously don't do that.

I was thinking that at first too, but the Ningen accounts come from the Antarctic, the far south. Belugas only live in the far north, so that can't be it. Unless someone wants to suggest some Belugas managed to swim to the other side of the planet assuredly passing through warm waters far exceeding their normal temperature tolerance. :wacko:

• 1 year later...

That picture looks like a depressed tooth. What happens to teeth when they decay away.

Very interesting read, but I do believe that entire thing was proven to be a hoax or viral marketing. I very much like the concept, and the artist's renderings are really neat, though. And as for the Google Maps image, while that anomaly is there in the 2002 image, looking at it from a broader perspective and comparing it to the 2011 image, it becomes clear that the anomaly is nothing more than waves breaking on a reef.

I saw the title,and I said...Japanese sea people in the Antarctic ?

ohhh,come now,Japanese fishermen don't drink a lot . Impossible ...