Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] What are your favorite video games?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#46    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,017 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

Wow, this is a massive question, even for people such as myself who aren't the biggest gamers around.  Some of my favourites are:

Halo series (particularly 1 and 2)
Elder Scrolls series (I didn't play 1 or 2, but the others are awesome and I can't wait for Skyrim to come out)
Monkey Island series
Shadow of the Beast (part 1 primarily, the game play now is outdated, but it was revolutionary for the time, and the music is still some of the most atmospheric I have come across)
Star Wars, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 (loved finding all the Secret Areas)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2
Starcraft (haven't played Starcraft 2 yet, so I cannot comment but I hear good things)
Warcraft series
Unreal Tournament (original version)
Assassin's Creed 2

Probably many more that I can't actually recall.  And for nostalgia's sake, I have to include some of the childhood favourites, even if they aren't as great:

Rick Dangerous 1 and 2 (youtube search makes the SFX to be much more annoying than I remember)
Rainbow Islands (the theme music will not get out of my head now)
Canon Fodder (love the intro music)

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#47    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,717 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

There was this pirate game on ps1 that I used to play. It took place strictly in pirate ships that the player could control and sail around. The ships had cannons, and you could attack towns, and other ships of other famous pirates and add their ships to your fleet. It was a really cool game, and a lot of fun. I can't remember the name though. >_<

#48    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:46 AM

Shipwreckers also known as overboard

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#49    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,017 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:05 AM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 08 November 2011 - 08:15 PM, said:

There was this pirate game on ps1 that I used to play. It took place strictly in pirate ships that the player could control and sail around. The ships had cannons, and you could attack towns, and other ships of other famous pirates and add their ships to your fleet. It was a really cool game, and a lot of fun. I can't remember the name though. >_<
I don't know about the ps1, but if you go back a bit earlier to earlier technologies (Sega Megadrive/Genesis, possibly), there was a game simply called "Pirates" (Full title "Sid Meier's Pirates", or in some cases "Pirates Gold!").  It was released for several platforms (including the Megadrive/Genesis).  I played it on my old Amiga back in the early-mid 90's.  This game pretty much covers everything you are referring to.  Not sure if it's what you were thinking of, but it's worth a look if you might have been mistaken about the console.  Check the video and see how close it is?  The first video is of the Amiga, the second one for the Megadrive (or Genesis, if that's what it's called in your part of the world).  Both videos have long intros, but they do give you an idea of what the game is about.

edit: incidentally, a remake of the game was released for PC/PSP/Xbox/Xbox360/Wii in 2004.  But it was never released on the ps1  Not sure if that's the one you're thinking of though

Edited by Paranoid Android, 09 November 2011 - 07:47 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#50    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,717 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

Thanks guys! Yeah, it was Shipwreckers! Loved that game, was so much fun. I never plaed Sid Meier's Pirates, I'll check that one out though, looks kind of like an rpg in a way, that's definitely interesting.  :tu:

#51    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,017 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 09 November 2011 - 01:17 PM, said:

Thanks guys! Yeah, it was Shipwreckers! Loved that game, was so much fun. I never plaed Sid Meier's Pirates, I'll check that one out though, looks kind of like an rpg in a way, that's definitely interesting.  :tu:
No worries.  "Pirates" was one of the earliest open-word games ever created, and I guess some of it is definitely RPG.  I loved the Pirates game when I was a kid.  I haven't actually played the 2004 remake yet, but my brother went through a phase where he played it constantly, so I guess I'd have to recommend it if you can get your hands on it :)

Posted Image

#52    ivorusev

ivorusev

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

Civilization, Stronghold, tycoons

turkish music
"Sometimes our power resides not in what we do, but in what we don't do."

#53    Spring Heeled Jerk

Spring Heeled Jerk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

• "Until we're all atheist, apolitical, pacifist vegetarians.......We're just sh!t flingin' chimps!"

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

Started gaming with Space Invaders in the arcades and blip tennis at home.  How things have changed.  Fave games are survival horror and adventure.  Some RPG.

Resident Evil
Silent Hill
Tomb Raider
Uncharted
Doom
FFVII

Good time for these with SS Downpour and HD edition coming out (SS2 is probby my all time fave), Uncharted 3 in the shops and a promising looking TR on the horizon.  Lots of other good games mind.  Dead Island was fun and Dead Space was deffy a contender.

Peace!

THIS POST HAS BEEN MODERATED

BY SPRaNG H01L0WED JUNK

#54    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,204 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:26 AM

View PostBiff Wellington, on 02 October 2011 - 12:21 AM, said:

Hands down Xenogears. Not that Xenosaga crap that butchered the series.

Easily one of my top 5.  Xenogears is an amazing game. Just finished a rom of chrono trigger and am actually about to start on xenogears again.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#55    grendals_bane

grendals_bane

Master Procrastinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

• I have a great mind to believe in Christianity for the mere pleasure of fancying I may be damned. - Byron

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:02 AM

Some of my favourite games are:

Snatcher
Star Lancer
Eternal Darkness
Shining Force 1,2,CD
Vandal Hearts
Sid Meyers Pirates
Starcraft
Soul Calibur
X-COM Enemy Unknown
Streets of Rage
Fable
Darklands
Body Harvest
F-Zero X
Suikoden
Fire Emblem
Fallout

"There is no such thing as good and evil, just various shades of grey."

#56    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

GOD OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of em!! ;)

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#57    Munkh

Munkh

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

Lets see...

Pong
Tetris
Duke Nukem
Wolfenstien
Space Quest
AOE series
Asherons Call
Lotro
Metal of Honor
Microsoft Links series

Probably a lot more that i cannot remember

#58    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:30 AM

I rarely have time for games but, still play Final Fantasy 7 once in a while on the PS3. Absolutely love that game! Also a great way to relieve stress from the day lol

#59    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

View PostMentalcase, on 03 January 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

GOD OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of em!! ;)
Agreed! nothing like smashin X and tearing somthings head off :P

Posted Image

#60    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,356 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:58 AM

I really used to enjoy command and conquer the original win95 version.  I bought a copy off of ebay but it won't play on my vista home platform.  Anybody have suggestions?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users