Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demonology

Poindexter

Evening peeples

This is the First time I have posted on here and I am after some information on the Titled subject

Firstly do Demons exist, and if so

Can Demons Kill, note Plural

Can Demons invade your body and damage your internal organs, to the point Medical Science knows the Ailment, re Kidney Disease, but, are unable to cure you

Do Demons protect their Host

Will Demons attack, if they reguard their Host is under threat

Can Demon's "JUMP" from one Host to another

Do Demons need to be invited to Possess a Host, if so,, how is this done

Does a Host know if they have been "invaded"

Can a Possessed Host enter a Church

Finally how does one get rid of 'unwanted' Demons

Thanx for any Input or Knowledge

PS... Have no interest in the Movie Version of Demons or the Views and Opinions of Skeptics

how is "demons" not plural ? well anyways i know according to many reports being possessed is not consensual.

Well you're asking for facts on a subject that can only be speculated on. I understand why you would be interested in the topic. I personally don't believe in demons, though I find the topic to still be quite enjoyable. Anyway welcome to UM.

I Agree With The Above Poster .. I Don't Believe In Demons, I Think It's Just Projections Of Our Mind And Our State Of Being ..

However, I Always Like To Read About The Subject .. I Find It Very Interesting .. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Evening peeples

This is the First time I have posted on here and I am after some information on the Titled subject

Can Demons invade your body and damage your internal organs, to the point Medical Science knows the Ailment, re Kidney Disease, but, are unable to cure you

PS... Have no interest in the Movie Version of Demons or the Views and Opinions of Skeptics

My opinion (Yay!!)

Ok I do believe that Demons exist. (I am not a Christian or a Catholic but I do believe that malicious non-human entities exist and I can only see fit to call them Demons)

To answer whether Demons can kill, let me answer some of your other questions with my opinions.

I do believe that they have the ability to invade your body and manipulate it. These non-human entities are spirit or energy (however you wish to describe it). Going off of basic physical science everything is constantly moving due to molecules etc, correct? Well if something (an entity) has the ability to physically manipulate an inanimate object why wouldn't they be able to cause your internal systems to go haywire?

Your body runs off of neurons firing in your brain (basically little electric shocks or whatever) and since the entities are energy why couldn't they manipulate your personal energy and tell your organs that there is something wrong, or tell you to hit yourself and cause bruises, cuts, and internal issues?

I'm really not sure why a demon would protect their host. They might protect the evidence of their existence, and make it seem like they are protecting their host, but they would have to care for that person to begin with. With all the physical and emotional damage they do I do not believe they would protect the person.

So would they react if their host was in danger? Unless they weren't done with that person, I doubt it. They will try to hide their influence on a person, make them seem sick etc, so they can feed off of their fear and sadness etc for a longer period of time so they don't have to go hunting for someone else they feel like possessing.

I don't see why they wouldn't JUMP from one person to another, although this would mean that whenever they left the 1st person, that person would know what was wrong with person #2 and find a way to fix the issue. It wouldn't be very smart strategics to me.

And I don't really know who would invite something into their body and mind that would cause them such physical and emotional turmoil, but there are extremists who have cooked up rituals to do such a thing. I personally wouldn't invite something like that into myself. I've got plenty of personal problems for myself, I don't need some entity adding to them!

Maybe at first someone wouldn't understand what was wrong with them but I would think that a person (host) would eventually figure out that they were possessed.

Again I am not Christian or Catholic, or even Jewish (I'm Pagan). If for some reason a possessed person would have issues entering a church of any kind, or other holy place (no matter what religion) I believe it would be because those places are built with the intention of goodness and love and to keep evil out. These entities are pure evil and would find the places uncomfortable. Evil entities don't understand love, kindness, etc.

The method to getting rid of Demonic Entities depends on your beliefs. I, personally, wouldn't believe that a Baptist or Presbyterian would do any better than a Catholic priest or Jewish holy person, simply because I don't believe in what they believe. Just like they wouldn't believe that a Native American Shaman, or a Pagan Priestess would be able to get rid of it. It isn't what the holy person believes, wholly, it also has to do a lot of what you believe will work, what gives you the spiritual strength to get rid of the entity itself. It's kinda like you have it in you all along, you just have to believe (Corny yes I know).

So yes, I believe that a demonic entity, with enough power, can kill you if it wanted to, either by distracting you in dangerous situations, causing self infliction, or causing an illness.

Hope this helps!!

To answer all of your questions...No

Now, if you want to see what " demons " are, and how they can hurt people, start studying Psychology, and how people think they have demons.

I promise, you will get more answers, and understand it better. Then, you can help others learn also. ( if they will listen )

• Like 2

Evening peeples

Wait your first question hs if demons exist, then you don't want to hear from skeptics. In not sure I follow you there. But hey. Ill shoot.

Im an experiencer not your typical guesser.

"Firstly do Demons exist?"

Yes and no depending on how you look at it.

Can Demons Kill, note Plural"

Yes

"Can Demons invade your body and damage your internal organs"

Again, yes and know depending on a few things.

"Do Demons protect their Host"

Sometimes yes

"Will Demons attack, if they reguard their Host is under threat"

Possibly through the host, yes

"Can Demon's "JUMP" from one Host to another"

Absolutely not

"Do Demons need to be invited to Possess a Host, if so,, how is this done"

No.

"Does a Host know if they have been "invaded""

Not always

"Can a Possessed Host enter a Church"

Yes... A church is just a building

"Finally how does one get rid of 'unwanted' Demons"

By takeing responsibility for them.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

<p>

PS... Have no interest in the ..... Views and Opinions of Sceptics

As you can see, sceptics on a site like this have no interest in your lack of interest in their opinions. You can post a fairly detailed personal experience and they'll focus on the parts which could have an alternative explanation, which is fine, but they'll also either ignore the parts they can't explain or call you a liar. Some will post lists of unrelated facts and declare the case closed. Some will respond only with sarcasm. Anyway, I'm not sure most of your questions have a definitive answer but I do believe beings exist which various cultures call "demons".

• Like 5

<p>

As you can see, sceptics on a site like this have no interest in your lack of interest in their opinions. You can post a fairly detailed personal experience and they'll focus on the parts which could have an alternative explanation, which is fine, but they'll also either ignore the parts they can't explain or call you a liar. Some will post lists of unrelated facts and declare the case closed. Some will respond only with sarcasm. Anyway, I'm not sure most of your questions have a definitive answer but I do believe beings exist which various cultures call "demons".

I love you .Couldn't have said it better myself ,but it tires me to repeat it all over and over and over .

I've also come to realize ,a few people who claim to not believe ,DO believe ,but are too much of a bunch of follow the leaders,to admit it .

• Like 2

Evening peeples

Demonology ,is technically ,the study of demons. I've never seen it on a college course curriculum though . I've always wondered what it is you need to do,to be called a "demonologist" ,as there is no degree in it,and Catholic priests aren't the only ones who know all about demons .

The Warren guy was called a demonologist,just because he knew so much about them .

Demons can do many things,via influencing the living ,and its not necessarily through possessing a host .

We are given "suggestions" from the other side,by both good and bad entities .

People who give in to the bad suggestions,either have evil prone souls,or are easily manipulated.

If they are very submissive ,they can be possessed. I believe some forms of mental illness,are possession .

Not all,but some. They make the host hurt themselves,kill ,or even die .

It's interesting how the medical field says its the opposite .Jokes on us in that instance .

• Like 1

Evening peeples

Firstly do Demons exist,

PS... Have no interest in the ........ Views and Opinions of Skeptics

I know you asked a lot of other questions. I was curious why you asked this one, and then proceed to say that you aren't interested in the opinions of those who might debate the existence of demons. If you ask the question "Do demons exist?" are you really interested only in the answers of people who say "yes they do." ?

Welcome to the site. Hopefully you'll learn enough about demons that someday you can declare yourself a Demonologist.

Edited by orangepeaceful79

I know you asked a lot of other questions. I was curious why you asked this one, and then proceed to say that you aren't interested in the opinions of those who might debate the existence of demons. If you ask the question "Do demons exist?" are you really interested only in the answers of people who say "yes they do." ?

Skeptics would say No if there is no solid evidence. never convincing enough for other people.

Skeptics would say No if there is no solid evidence. never convincing enough for other people.

I disagree. A true skeptic remains open to possibilities as they are shown to be true empirically or through personal experience of the skeptic. I'd love to be a believer in this stuff, but so far I've not seen anything convincing enough.

On another note, you should never assume that you know what people are going to say. There are a select number of folks on this site who I tend to disagree with frequently, but who occasionally say something that I regard as eye-opening or profound in some way. If I disregarded those folks - like Simbi Leveau for example - I'd be missing out.

Don't shut out discussion simply because you disagree with it. You never know what you might learn.

Edited by orangepeaceful79
  • Like 1

I disagree. A true skeptic remains open to possibilities as they are shown to be true empirically or through personal experience of the skeptic. I'd love to be a believer in this stuff, but so far I've not seen anything convincing enough.

Your definition is the definition of an "Internet skeptic". A true skeptic would simply require evidence. Full Stop.

Edited by OrdinaryClay
  • Like 1

<p>

Hmm.

Do you see anything wrong with studying up on what Psychologists have to say about Demons and such?

Is it not better to have knowledge of a certain topic in as many areas as possible?

Or is it better to just ignore the ones you do not want to " believe " because they do not fit your " wants " ?

Ignoring facts on anything, just to keep your " belief " strong is extremely ignorant, actually it is flat out stupid to do.

If you have all of the facts, and have everything there is to know about something, you can then start to take things out of the equation. If you do not, you are just going off of blind faith.

• Like 2

Your definition is the definition of an "Internet skeptic". A true skeptic would simply require evidence. Full Stop.

OC - I think where you and I differ the most is on our own feelings regarding what is and what isn't evidence. As I understand your position on the definition of evidence - you refer to eyewitness accounts as evidence. I view them more as anecdotal evidence.

http://grammar.about.com/od/ab/g/anecdoteterm.htm

I cannot accept anecdotal evidence as proof. You can. We disagree, and that is OK.

OC - I think where you and I differ the most is on our own feelings regarding what is and what isn't evidence. As I understand your position on the definition of evidence - you refer to eyewitness accounts as evidence. I view them more as anecdotal evidence.

http://grammar.about...necdoteterm.htm

I cannot accept anecdotal evidence as proof. You can. We disagree, and that is OK.

Last time I tired to get evidence from Demons I was being hurled in mid-air. I just wanted a sample of their blood :D

• Like 2

http://grammar.about...necdoteterm.htm

No, I never said anything bout anecdotal evidence. As I clearly, and unambiguously stated here I do not accept such evidence.. I accept the same evidence the court systems of every culture in history has, and still does, accept. Vetted and corroborated testimony. This is the same evidence you as a juror would be expected to accept if you were called to be a juror and the same evidence you would expect other jurors to accept if your loved ones were victims of a crime.

• Like 1

Hmm.

Do you see anything wrong with studying up on what Psychologists have to say about Demons and such?

Is it not better to have knowledge of a certain topic in as many areas as possible?

Or is it better to just ignore the ones you do not want to " believe " because they do not fit your " wants " ?

Ignoring facts on anything, just to keep your " belief " strong is extremely ignorant, actually it is flat out stupid to do.

If you have all of the facts, and have everything there is to know about something, you can then start to take things out of the equation. If you do not, you are just going off of blind faith.

This is why the faux skepticism brought about by materialism is so ludicrous. It simply begs the question, and assumes the non-existence of the supernatural and claims this is evidence for its non-existence.

No, I never said anything bout anecdotal evidence. As I clearly, and unambiguously stated here I do not accept such evidence.. I accept the same evidence the court systems of every culture in history has, and still does, accept. Vetted and corroborated testimony. This is the same evidence you as a juror would be expected to accept if you were called to be a juror and the same evidence you would expect other jurors to accept if your loved ones were victims of a crime.

Ok - I hear what you are saying. I'm trying to understand you better. Could you give me an example of what in your opinion would be vetted and corroborated evidence for the paranormal? Because I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen any around here at the site, and i can't think of any. Please though, I'd like to understand this further.

Ok - I hear what you are saying. I'm trying to understand you better. Could you give me an example of what in your opinion would be vetted and corroborated evidence for the paranormal? Because I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen any around here at the site, and i can't think of any. Please though, I'd like to understand this further.

Okay, I'm trying to understand you better, too. Do you agree eye-witness testimony can be acceptable evidence?

Okay, I'm trying to understand you better, too. Do you agree eye-witness testimony can be acceptable evidence?

Honestly that's why I asked you what you consider to be vetted and corroborated. Maybe you've thought of something I haven't. I keep saying I have a mind that is open to new things. I mean that. That is why I asked for a specific example of vetted and corroborated eyewitness testimony of a paranormal phenomenon. I'm not asking so I can try and take apart your argument. I'm just asking because I want to see how this concept fits within the parameters of what I can believe. Until you give an example my answer is "I don't know".

Evening peeples

No they don't

No

No, but real diseases can

Not applicable, demons do not exist

Anyone can enter a church, as long as the door is not locked.

Unnecessary, demons do not exist

Apologies, but you must at least acknowledge the skeptical view as it is the most likely to be correct. You are quite correct to ignore movies.

Hello Sakari.

You completely ignored the part where I said it was fine to offer plausible alternative explanations. My problem is with people that either just skip over the parts they can't explain or call the person a liar. Some things that happen in these cases aren't explainable by mental illness, but those parts of a person's account are more often than not ignored or called lies by sceptics on this site and others like it.

Also, though I know I've said this before and you keep posting it anyway, your list of exorcism deaths doesn't disprove the reality of possession and exorcism any more than a list of successful exorcisms would prove it's all true.

• Like 1

This applies to both believers and sceptics. There aren't many subjects where it can be said that all the facts are known, and both mental illness and possession certainly fall into that category. To look at a case and discount either one completely is indeed foolish, but both believers and sceptics are guilty of that at times. In both instances the reaction is based on belief, not in a complete understanding of all the facts.