Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prayer, a way of life

markdohle

Prayer, a way of life

Prayer if kept up becomes a way of seeing reality in a different way. To experience the love of God in all circumstances and events in ones life. It also connect us with all, for when we pray we never do it in isolation, for it is an answer to grace when people pray. Granted some prayers can be childish, yet that is OK, we all mature, grow, and as we do that our understanding of God and how God works in our world changes and deepens, we never get to the end of it. No contracts with God, none of us are protected, Christ Jesus shows us that by the way he died, his pain and his feeling of rejection by God. Yet he died forgiving all and he rose, prayer leads to deeper life and love.

God is personal and loving, people seem to resent that or fight it, yet it answers the deepest yearning of human hearts, or most of them. In prayer we drink from the living water, in saying the Our Father there is no me or I, but only we; a prayer for all, no one is left out. It is easy to make shallow and snide remarks about prayer if not experienced, but again, it takes years of slow growth to mature in this prayerful way of life and those who have not walked this path will not understand, nor do I expect them to. They have their own path, and I pray for them, for again, no one is left out when one prays with the heart.

In him we live and move and have our being.

• Like 1

Well said. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're basically saying is that the journey is realizing that prayer isn't so limited to the "prayer" we think of, where we do it out of seeming necessity or habit, but when we do it out of genuine desire for communication with God--and because God is everyone, everything, and everywhere--genuine attempt for a more real form of communication with all of humanity. Like we are making the attempt to find God in all places by acknowledging that God exists in all places. Prayer is the truest form of communication, and it is the embodiment of God's--and Jesus's--love for all. Prayers are just thoughts directed toward God, which says a lot about thought in general, and how much we waste our thoughts on Earthly things that really don't matter in the end.

• Like 1

Well said. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're basically saying is that the journey is realizing that prayer isn't so limited to the "prayer" we think of, where we do it out of seeming necessity or habit, but when we do it out of genuine desire for communication with God--and because God is everyone, everything, and everywhere--genuine attempt for a more real form of communication with all of humanity. Like we are making the attempt to find God in all places by acknowledging that God exists in all places. Prayer is the truest form of communication, and it is the embodiment of God's--and Jesus's--love for all. Prayers are just thoughts directed toward God, which says a lot about thought in general, and how much we waste our thoughts on Earthly things that really don't matter in the end.

You said lot, but yes I agree.

peace

Mark

Prayer is the way that we reach oup to Him and opens a doorway for him to touch our spirit increasing our faith.

• Like 1

When we reach out to Him in prayer our faith is increased and we are close to Him and what He requires of us like Christ did.

• Like 1

Prayer allows to know His will for us like Christ did when before He was arrested.

• Like 1

Prayer is the way that we reach oup to Him and opens a doorway for him to touch our spirit increasing our faith.

Nice thoughts thanks.

peace

Mark

Prayer is like the air you inhale everyday. Without it, you surely cannot live. It's vital to us Christians. We read the Bible and then we pray. When we are happy we praise God and pray.. when we are disappointed, we ask God's leading by praying. In everything we do we pray...because we want God to guide us and lead us to the place He wanted us to go. And do the things that is only according to His will. Pray without ceasing!!!!

Prayer is like the air you inhale everyday. Without it, you surely cannot live. It's vital to us Christians. We read the Bible and then we pray. When we are happy we praise God and pray.. when we are disappointed, we ask God's leading by praying. In everything we do we pray...because we want God to guide us and lead us to the place He wanted us to go. And do the things that is only according to His will. Pray without ceasing!!!!

Amen!

IMHO, prayer is one of the ways in which we access the sacred within us and realize our connection with all that is.

I personally don't pray see no point. If it makes you feel better I have issues with people praying

No contracts with God, none of us are protected, Christ Jesus shows us that by the way he died, his pain and his feeling of rejection by God. Yet he died forgiving all and he rose, prayer leads to deeper life and love.

If Jesus had survived his crucifiction, would he have re-evaluated the nature of his god, would he have continued connecting or conversing with it, and would he have kept his unconditional love for the people around him (who apparently betrayed him)? Just something to think about.

• 6 years later...

I found out , prior to our eviction that I was a 100% Jewess. I found that I was a Davidic [royal] Jewess. I see myself , as a Messianic Davidic Jewess, but I

was shocked to find out that I was born as Royal Princess.  I'm 56 and I discovered since our eviction that I was born a Princess through my dad. I'm a proper HRH ROYAL PRINCESS. However, I discovered this and it came to me that YAHUSHA HA'MOSHIACH ELOHYM KING OF KINGS AND L-RD OF LORDS BLESSED ME WITH SOMETHING THAT WOULD PROTECT ME AND MY HUSBAND. I had to suffer like Job did and I was homeless four times in my life on both sides of the Atlantic I was rewarded with the knowledge of my history that I have still to understand what it means.

I love people and I see all my sister's that are Jacob's descendant's , as royalty,too. This is much more important to raise each other up , not pull each other  down like Meghan Markle does her staff. I strongly believe in the power of prayer. I've been blessed with praying with tongues. I love to pray. I was born with moderately severe cerebral palsy. I have other serious conditions and complications related to my cerebral palsy.  However, I have been blessed with spiritual gifts and empathy and telepathy ,among others and that at the centre of them is the ability to love and not hate. I don't hate those who attacked or raped me and they're forgiven , but I have to let them know I can't forgive them for what they do to my loved ones that is up to them, but I would forgive , if they couldn't speak for themselves.

I forgive those who've hurt me brutally, emotionally, mentally. However, I can't cope with hate, or anger.  I believe the power of prayer is essential to our lives and I hate it, if I don't pray at least twice a day.  Prayer is so important and I know , if I have forgotten to pray, as I feel like something is missing in my day. So, I pray longer in the evening. I believe prayer is important and how we commune with our L-RD is individual to each of us. He knew us, before we were born and nobody , or nothing can separate us from Ha'Moshiach Elohim.

We that know the love of Elohim are blessed, but those that walk in the valley of darkness need to be helped into the light. Unfortunately, there are people that love walking in darkness in these last days. Everything we experience , Elohym knew before we had done it. Yet, he has given us a gift , when he made himself lower than the angels and Yeshua or Yahusha was raised above the angels on the third day after his crucifixion , he rose from the dead. He didn't leave a body, because he was raised up by Heavenly Father . He had his body and showed his wounds, but ate honeycomb and he had a drink of wine to prove he was alive and no longer dead, before his ascension.

I really feel He is worthy of worship and praise. He is worthy of our love for all the wonderful things we have given. He gave us the greatest gift of all LOVE and not the sordid kind of love , but a deep, penetrating love, like no other.  His love is far more than we can imagine given the vastness of His creation , whom HaSatan thinks he can take those of us that love Elohym.  He comes against us, because he knows that he has a short time , so he has to do his worst , but not able to break us,because our cries and calls are heard and prayer is our great advocate against the enemy.

If all humans died, I doubt seriously that there would still be a god as deities are merely constructs of the human mind to ease fear of the unknown. Been that way since the first caveman was frightened by a lightning bolt and felt that some unknown force needed to be appeased or a virgin needed to be sacrificed to insure crop fertility. We know better now and need to grow up.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

People so devout to their middle eastern war god. 

Mountain and fire god. His former wife controlled war. But she left him after he got a human pregnant. 

El and Asherah. They had a kid named Baal. :yes:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Mountain and fire god. His former wife controlled war. But she left him after he got a human pregnant. 

El and Asherah. They had a kid named Baal. :yes:

All I know is that God is the embodiment of authoritarian rule. A "divine" dictator. Basically an alpha male with too much testosterone. Because that how people created it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

All I know is that God is the embodiment of authoritarian rule. A "divine" dictator. Basically an alpha male with too much testosterone. Because that how people created it.

It's the whole reason the Canaanites split up. The Phoenicians were matrilineal. The Hebrews, rabidly patrilineal.  Think about which half was more civilized. :hmm:

11 hours ago, rachelkleypassparrow said:

I found out , prior to our eviction that I was a 100% Jewess. I found that I was a Davidic [royal] Jewess. I see myself , as a Messianic Davidic Jewess, but I

The only bloodline they keep is the Priestly Caste. The Cohen Lines.

11 hours ago, rachelkleypassparrow said:

was shocked to find out that I was born as Royal Princess.  I'm 56 and I discovered since our eviction that I was born a Princess through my dad. I'm a proper HRH ROYAL PRINCESS.

Your only Jewish if your mother was Jewish and your only HRH if the Crown gives it to you. But since that title currently belongs to Bessie your beat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not if you are on a gravy train attached to it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Prince, princess, such meaningless titles. 

We were just talking about that. My status as a illegitimate scion.   

Without the perks they are nothing and I rather be a b****** with the perks, than have a title and nothing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Not if you are on a gravy train attached to it.

Just now, Piney said:

Without the perks they are nothing and I rather be a b****** with the perks, than have a title and nothing. 

I had the gravy train and could care less about my grandfather's titles. :yes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

When you know it's all an illusion its hard to hold value in any of it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I guess that's my problem. I've realized that it's all fake. Something fabricated by the human mind. Governments, society, the rules, religion, and money. All of it fake. It only exist because people hold it to be "true". 

• Like 4