Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Source of Horse

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostCoffey, on 18 February 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

I have found everyones reaction to this hilerious.

If soemone can eat cow, then why not horse? What is the difference really?! lol It's hypocritical to say "oh i'll eat cow, but not horse".. lol

I understand the whole part about not knowing what is really in our food, but if you think that horse is the worst thing that is in your food, then that is just utterly hilerious.

Then I also understand the part about the horses could have had certian medicines which aren't good for human conumption... but again there is far worse things in processed food than that.
People are outraged by it because the food companies are frauding the public. and also because the horses are getting killed horribly and there's bute in them.
I don't get how so many people don't seem to be bothered what happens if there's dog meat, or guinea pig meat found one day.

#17    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

View Postali smack, on 19 February 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

People are outraged by it because the food companies are frauding the public. and also because the horses are getting killed horribly and there's bute in them.
I don't get how so many people don't seem to be bothered what happens if there's dog meat, or guinea pig meat found one day.

People should be outraged at the far worse things put in our food than that. lol That is my point.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#18    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostCoffey, on 18 February 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

I have found everyones reaction to this hilerious.

If soemone can eat cow, then why not horse? What is the difference really?! lol It's hypocritical to say "oh i'll eat cow, but not horse".. lol

I understand the whole part about not knowing what is really in our food, but if you think that horse is the worst thing that is in your food, then that is just utterly hilerious.

Then I also understand the part about the horses could have had certian medicines which aren't good for human conumption... but again there is far worse things in processed food than that.

I agree.  Nothing wrong with horse.  It's incredibly good for you.  In fact, now that I think about it, I may even nip to the butchers later to see if he sells some.  I'd definitely give it a try.

My brother's going to North Korea on holiday later this year (yes, North Korea, not South Korea).  I'm trying to persuade him to try dog meat.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 19 February 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#19    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

How do you know how "horribly" the horses are killed?

And what's the problem with eating horse meat, dog meat or guinea pig?  Roasted guinea pig is a delicacy in South America.

#20    Santy

Santy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• "I didn't come here because I'm paranoid. I came here to get paranoid

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Yes? Well I'm keeping my tortoises indoors. Just in case you think they are pies with a hard crust.

Mind you, they say the eggs are ok to eat. Cannot say I've bothered. You need to collect a lot for an omelette. .

Edited by Santy, 19 February 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#21    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 19 February 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

I agree.  Nothing wrong with horse.  It's incredibly good for you.  In fact, now that I think about it, I may even nip to the butchers later to see if he sells some.  I'd definitely give it a try.

My brother's going to North Korea on holiday later this year (yes, North Korea, not South Korea).  I'm trying to persuade him to try dog meat.

Well here's the funny thing. I'm vegetarian... lol But not because I dislike meat, I don't agree with how the naimals are treated during farming and slaughter. If I still ate meat, I'd eat horse or nay other animal. I find it hypocritical to pick and choose the animals you want to eat morally. lol

and also because the horses are getting killed horribly

Forgot to reply to that bit, have you seen how pigs, sheep and cows are killed?

Cause if you think they are not killed horribly then I don't even want to know how they kill horses. :no:

Edited by Coffey, 19 February 2013 - 04:00 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#22    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,551 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 18 February 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

Horse meat comes from Horse's not cows

Dang, who would have thought?? :rolleyes: :P

As long the dont serve up horse's ass I'm ok with it.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#23    Santy

Santy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• "I didn't come here because I'm paranoid. I came here to get paranoid

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

I'm not sure they would lead horses by the bridle?

#24    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,386 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

First we have the report that says meat will be a luxury product soon, then the EU out laws using the whole of the animal carcass.  A cheap alternative is found, ie horse meat and now that is being taken away.  

I hope the UK is prepared for very high food prices, if they don't want to become vegetarian then cheap horse meat could have been the answer.

Posted Image

#25    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,485 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

View Postskookum, on 19 February 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

First we have the report that says meat will be a luxury product soon, then the EU out laws using the whole of the animal carcass.  A cheap alternative is found, ie horse meat and now that is being taken away.  

I hope the UK is prepared for very high food prices, if they don't want to become vegetarian then cheap horse meat could have been the answer.
That in itself is ridiculous,because the waste parts of the animal carcass will go into animal feed.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users