Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Shining Ones

UM-Bot

Tammy A. Branom: The Shining Ones. Ancient astronauts? Extraterrestrials? Although I think the ideas are interesting, I find it difficult to believe life from afar came here and/or is still visiting us, keeping an eye on our progress, so to speak. I feel that the universe--even our galaxy--is too immense and any signals of our meager existence too diminutive for otherworldly beings to find us. However, I do believe entities from our own world, be it extra or ultra dimensional, are a more logical explanation as the culprits. Moreover, as Einstein postulated, time exists, past, present, future, ALL the time, not just moment to moment, as we perceive it. With that in mind, if someone (or a group) had the knowledge to do so, time could be traversed.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

Inter-dimensional beings has always made more sense to me than extraterrestrials for a great many of the reasons possited in the article. The fact is, there is no evidence that either are real, I just feel the former is more plausible.

• Like 2

Inter-dimensional beings has always made more sense to me than extraterrestrials for a great many of the reasons possited in the article. The fact is, there is no evidence that either are real, I just feel the former is more plausible.

Having looked into the subject with great interest over the years, I have found the exact opposite to be true: there is a great deal of evidence that shows we share our world, our universe, and for some people - their very lives - with entities from - god knows where. Right here probably. All around us. And not just from recent times either, but likely throughout our whole history and beyond. No doubt about it at all. :alien:

Having looked into the subject with great interest over the years, I have found the exact opposite to be true: there is a great deal of evidence that shows we share our world, our universe, and for some people - their very lives - with entities from - god knows where. Right here probably. All around us. And not just from recent times either, but likely throughout our whole history and beyond. No doubt about it at all. :alien:

If you are thinking of Djinn, angels, demons, ghosts, elfs and leprechauns :devil: (ok not the elfs and leprechauns so much) just to name a few, yeah history is filled with anecdotal evidence/stories of meetings between us and such things. But alas, like aliens there is just no proof right now outside of each individuals personal experiences if they have them. Although the sheer volume of such sightings does suggest we should be looking for evidence of what and who they really are IMO - as I said no evidence but certainly more plausible than extraterrestrial variety aliens.

Edited by libstaK

If you are thinking of Djinn, angels, demons, ghosts, elfs and leprechauns :devil: (ok not the elfs and leprechauns so much) just to name a few, yeah history is filled with anecdotal evidence/stories of meetings between us and such things. But alas, like aliens there is just no proof right now outside of each individuals personal experiences if they have them. Although the sheer volume of such sightings does suggest we should be looking for evidence of what and who they really are IMO - as I said no evidence but certainly more plausible than extraterrestrial variety aliens.

I'm talking about...oh nevermind. You're just waiting for a scientist to make up your mind for you. To tell you what to think. As I've said the evidence is great and conclusions can be drawn from it if you have a dicerning mind.

I'm talking about...oh nevermind. You're just waiting for a scientist to make up your mind for you. To tell you what to think. As I've said the evidence is great and conclusions can be drawn from it if you have a dicerning mind.

lol, perception is everything I suppose but yes I am waiting for science to tell me that what is out there is of a particular nature - because I just don't know otherwise, although I can surmise and take an educated guess, without the direct experience or scientific evidence I would be easily fooled I think - actually even with direct experience the risk of being fooled remains due to perception.

A discerning mind - a mind that intuits via faculty of reasoning? I think we have blinkers and blinders on aplenty but having grown up with them do we really have the reasoning power to comprehend all "the other world/s" within our world or is our reasoning always going to lock us into a certain perception based on the personality that was grown and shaped by our upbringing and cultural background?

I guess I am circumspect because I have seen alot of what limits me from seeing the truth while I have been looking for it nonetheless.

lol, perception is everything I suppose but yes I am waiting for science to tell me that what is out there is of a particular nature - because I just don't know otherwise, although I can surmise and take an educated guess, without the direct experience or scientific evidence I would be easily fooled I think - actually even with direct experience the risk of being fooled remains due to perception.

A discerning mind - a mind that intuits via faculty of reasoning? I think we have blinkers and blinders on aplenty but having grown up with them do we really have the reasoning power to comprehend all "the other world/s" within our world or is our reasoning always going to lock us into a certain perception based on the personality that was grown and shaped by our upbringing and cultural background?

I guess I am circumspect because I have seen alot of what limits me from seeing the truth while I have been looking for it nonetheless.

Ok, I appreciate what you are saying. But I wouldn't wait around for science to take the initiative. They're too scared to break out of the little paradigms they've created for themselves.

I think people make it too complicated. What you're asking are valid questions but in the end what I hear you saying is 'maybe I can't trust my own mind because of this and that'. But I think you can trust it and I think some people can be trusted too. People who have experienced the impossible - these other 'worlds'. Seen it, touched it, heard it, smelled it, tasted it. And there are so many. And some of them have been scientists themselves. [and they're not all on the old 'Bob Marley' either]

For me, through reason and even my own experiences, and through just looking into it myself, I have no doubt that this world is far, far from being fully understood. A lot of scientists would agree with that.

And it's far richer than we think too.

I saw one once and not just me either, but my friend with me too. We still to this day just look at each other and say WHAT WAS THAT? I had been putting off shelling out the money to get my brakes done on my car, way overdue too, so we were leaving to go out for the night and down the road, and it was just getting dark out, but down the road not far from my home, there was a woman there in a full length white gown and her hair was all white, like waist length, and she was just standing at the edge of the road, staring out into it, like at first we thought she may have been looking for a dog or something, but she didn't look human, she was just as they call it, "shining", kind of like a glowy. We forever called her the ghosty lady and after we had driven past her, we looked at each other and went, what the hell? She didn't look human really, that light and the hair and the full length gown in Texas, not likely. Anyway, later that night, just as I pulled into my driveway, the brakes on my car totally went out, I about ran into the gate but the car coasted to a stop just in time. We always wondered maybe if that sighting and that good luck had something to do with each other, but it's one of those mysteries I'll never know I guess, but it's like I still scratch my head and wonder if I really, really saw that, it was that strange. If I were by myself, I'd probably start to think I dreamed it or overreacted, but it wasn't just me, so very bizarre. I always kick myself that I didn't stop the car that night and get out to see her. Whenever I hear this..shining ones, it's just exactly how I would describe that lady. :alien::innocent:

Edited by ChloeB

I saw one once and not just me either, but my friend with me too. We still to this day just look at each other and say WHAT WAS THAT? I had been putting off shelling out the money to get my brakes done on my car, way overdue too, so we were leaving to go out for the night and down the road, and it was just getting dark out, but down the road not far from my home, there was a woman there in a full length white gown and her hair was all white, like waist length, and she was just standing at the edge of the road, staring out into it, like at first we thought she may have been looking for a dog or something, but she didn't look human, she was just as they call it, "shining", kind of like a glowy. We forever called her the ghosty lady and after we had driven past her, we looked at each other and went, what the hell? She didn't look human really, that light and the hair and the full length gown in Texas, not likely. Anyway, later that night, just as I pulled into my driveway, the brakes on my car totally went out, I about ran into the gate but the car coasted to a stop just in time. We always wondered maybe if that sighting and that good luck had something to do with each other, but it's one of those mysteries I'll never know I guess, but it's like I still scratch my head and wonder if I really, really saw that, it was that strange. If I were by myself, I'd probably start to think I dreamed it or overreacted, but it wasn't just me, so very bizarre. I always kick myself that I didn't stop the car that night and get out to see her. Whenever I hear this..shining ones, it's just exactly how I would describe that lady. :alien::innocent:

I think Device would appreciate the reference and it is well worthwhile retelling, its a great account. What is interesting is that you have connected it with the incident of the failing brakes - they could have been two separate incidents that occurred by chance on the same day too - by making that relationship you may be missing a piece of the puzzle just as easily as having made an explanation of the puzzle and its reasons.

The author continually says things like "...according to the texts..." and "...the ancient texts say..." without ever listing these texts.

She also states "From what I gather, the Shining Ones are referred to in (albeit in limited places) Egyptian passages, Pagan beliefs, the Christian bible, Greek writings, and Sumerian tablets."

What she gathers? WTF? Might as well say "The shining ones, from what my earlobe told me,..."

Sources please.

This is a complete load of bunk.

Harte

Edited by Harte

The author continually says things like "...according to the texts..." and "...the ancient texts say..." without ever listing these texts.

She also states "From what I gather, the Shining Ones are referred to in (albeit in limited places) Egyptian passages, Pagan beliefs, the Christian bible, Greek writings, and Sumerian tablets."

What she gathers? WTF? Might as well say "The shining ones, from what my earlobe told me,..."

Sources please.

Harte

Yeah well, Mr. Harte...to steal from ShadowSot, the UM bot does not exactly reflect stellar thinking with respect to the essays posted. Anybody with even the smallest inkling of critical thinking abilities sprinkled with some common sense would recognize the referencing of "experts" without actual referencing for what it was - a load of bunk.

Sorry, just had to add to your otherwise eloquently expressed post.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Sources please.

Harte

Even if sources were referenced, I think you would probably have something negative to say about that as well. What is so bunk? Or, is that just what you want to say because references weren't included? I believe, if you read again, what the author is saying by "From what I gather," means "From what I've read and concluded" by reading references to shining ones in various materials. Jeez. If UM columns as so beneath you, why read them anyway?

Yeah well, Mr. Harte...to steal from ShadowSot, the UM bot does not exactly reflect stellar thinking with respect to the essays posted. Anybody with even the smallest inkling of critical thinking abilities sprinkled with some common sense would recognize the referencing of "experts" without actual referencing for what it was - a load of bunk.

Sorry, just had to add to your otherwise eloquently expressed post.

Cheers,

Badeskov

My response to you will be the same question I posed to Mr. Harte. If UM columns (and apparently the writers of such, judging by what you said), are so beneath your own "stellar thinking," then why "lower" yourself to read them anyway? Perhaps you should move on to more heavily reference reading materials than unexplained phenomena and the paranormal can offer you.

My response to you will be the same question I posed to Mr. Harte. If UM columns (and apparently the writers of such, judging by what you said), are so beneath your own "stellar thinking," then why "lower" yourself to read them anyway? Perhaps you should move on to more heavily reference reading materials than unexplained phenomena and the paranormal can offer you.

Short answer - to respond to the proliferation of total crap on the internet, in general.

Specifically, to help people like yourself.

You'd do well to abandon your strategy of telling people what not to read or do.

Harte

I can only echo Mr. Harte. Nonsense needs to be countered before it is allowed to set root and seed ignorance. And I will comment on anything I see fit, thank you. When one posts on a discussion forum, one invites all members to comment. Expect some criticism. If one can't take that, well, then one probably shouldn't post at all.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Could these be the Nepthalim of the old testament? Scions of angels and humans? Giants they were called...

Short answer - to respond to the proliferation of total crap on the internet, in general.

Specifically, to help people like yourself.

You'd do well to abandon your strategy of telling people what not to read or do.

Harte

I don't recall telling anyone what to read or not read. That was apparently only your ego, since all I spoke of was merely a suggestion. And your short answer? Again, I think you just need to feed your ego to make yourself feel as though you are above everyone else. Sad, really. I don't think I'll abandon THAT thought.

I can only echo Mr. Harte. Nonsense needs to be countered before it is allowed to set root and seed ignorance. And I will comment on anything I see fit, thank you. When one posts on a discussion forum, one invites all members to comment. Expect some criticism. If one can't take that, well, then one probably shouldn't post at all.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Same to you!

Same to you!

I take criticism very well, thank you - it is part of my job. Now, why don't you address the very simple scientific observations Mr. Harte made in his first post? Because you can't,I am guessing. As he was absolutely correct in his observations. I will be more than willing to answer any questions you might have on this subject, and I am sure Mr. Harte would to.

However, you ignorant statements are just that, ignorant. You honestly come across as someone that don't like a given system of belief questioned and at the same time is willing to look the other way when facts are presented. In other words, grow up.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I don't recall telling anyone what to read or not read. That was apparently only your ego, since all I spoke of was merely a suggestion. And your short answer? Again, I think you just need to feed your ego to make yourself feel as though you are above everyone else. Sad, really. I don't think I'll abandon THAT thought.

I was referring to:

Perhaps you should move on to more heavily reference reading materials than unexplained phenomena and the paranormal can offer you.

You won't "abandon that thought?"

Well, it seems that, at least, you might have one.

I read the article because I'm interested. I'm also interested in any intelligent remarks from others that might add to my knowledge base.

Obviously, your remarks fall somewhere outside that category.

Harte

Frankly, you should pay some heed to what Mr. Harte is saying. His breadth of knowledge is amazing and another quality that he possess, that many unfortunately lack, is that he actually takes the time to research and educate himself on the matters on which he comments.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• 10 months later...

The problem I have with this explanation is it's circularity - defining hubris in the angels and then suggesting the same action yourself - the unfortunate truth is that man is as capable of "creating" a shining of their own to the same extent that the shining had the capacity to create themselves - in essence overtaking God. I'm sorry to say this but it is all falacious. You omit the fact that not all angels fell did they? Coming back to your circular argument - being of hubris intent - I doubt you or any of your kind would listen anyway.