Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Suicide is NEVER the Answer !

soulpowertothenthdegree

People that think suicide is a solution are in for a rude awakening; you only prolong and increase your degree of difficulty and the evolutionary process of your soul.

Contrary to belief, it is not the easy way out; the decision to end ones life is definitely not easy.

The lessons we are here to learn are often used as an excuse to throw in the towel and look for a better existence; adversity is given to us for a reason, to allow us to grow.

Those that decide to end this life do so with the very thought that there must be something better elsewhere and may even believe that they are ending their only life; we are eternal energy and we do not just end, we have a destination to reach.

It is a never ending journey that can only be reached through an evolutionary process.

I have contradicted myself it seems and that is intentional; how can we be eternal and still have a destination? What is the destination? How can we reach it?

There is an ultimate destination and there are stops along the way; no one way tickets are allowed.

You were given a boarding pass to Earth and while you are here sightseeing and gathering information (not all vacations are what the seem) there is an obstacle course you must navigate in order to receive your next boarding pass; your luggage may get lost or end up in another location, but you still have to make the best of the circumstances.

Sometimes you have to completely change your itinerary; adversity is how we grow.

I do not have a religion I practice nor do I condone those that follow any specific religion for the simple fact that very few religions actually focus on what the true meaning of our existence really is. However, I do believe that those religions are obstacles to overcome; man made fear mongering steeped in esoteric rhetoric.

The life you have to live is precious to have for many reasons; ending it is not the solution EVER. When it is time for you to move on, do so with the knowledge you have experienced the lessons of adversity that were necessary for your soul's evolutionary process to progress; regression is not your destination.

I speak from the experience of an old soul that has learned and will continue to learn; part of my evolutionary process is to help other souls achieve their destiny. Materialistic attitudes and vanity of self are lessons many are here to learn; suicide is usually tied to one or both.

The society we live in teaches more is better and beauty is better than beast. I realize the hypocrisy that is bombarding us daily has a way of overcoming the desire for the soul to reach it's destination; causing a breakdown mentally that leaves us feeling depressed and overwhelmed. Often to the point where there doesn't seem to be an option other than ending this existence and hoping for a better one somewhere else; the only way to get to a better existence is to overcome the adversity you have in this life.

Otherwise, you are destined to be forced to play the whole thing over; only it will be worse, not better. The CD of our soul needs a fluidity in order to play in harmony; suicide is just a scratch that has to be played over and over again until the scratch is repaired.

Love yourself and love the life you have; embrace the adversity for what it is, a chance to gain valuable knowledge for your CD of lives, free of scratches, to be played with harmony by your soul for eternity. Adversities are not scratches; they are essential in order to reach your ultimate destination. For me, that is to be at one with the Source, our creator of life, the LIGHT.

Soul

post-136188-0-53224400-1371449015_thumb.

• Like 1

Suicides are mainly a medical problem and people who contemplate suicide need to be encouraged to seek medical help. Society needs to get over this idea that depression is a personal failing and that suicide is sinful. Depression is a serious and dangerous biochemical condition and suicide is a symptom.

Similar to what i was going to say. Suicide is usually attributed to some sort of mental illness.

• Like 1

People that think suicide is a solution are in for a rude awakening; you only prolong and increase your degree of difficulty and the evolutionary process of your soul.

Contrary to belief, it is not the easy way out; the decision to end ones life is definitely not easy.

Your opinion and nothing more.
  • Like 6

Suicides are mainly a medical problem and people who contemplate suicide need to be encouraged to seek medical help. Society needs to get over this idea that depression is a personal failing and that suicide is sinful. Depression is a serious and dangerous biochemical condition and suicide is a symptom.

While it is possible to have a medical condition that affects your hormonal imbalances, mainly...not hardly. Certainly getting help is optimal in any suicidal tendencies, but we are an over medicated society that has an excuse for every behavior. Suicide is a cop-out for those that are unable to cope. The mentality is learned behavior from a society that has placed more emphasis on material values and vanity. When we fail to live up to these supposed important ideologies there is a tendency to feel as though we have failed.

Your opinion and nothing more.

Nice clip and snip there mr. veteran of the internet, :clap: , yes it is my opinion, I wrote the thread and I posted it. Stating the obvious hardly qualifies as a post of any value.

Similar to what i was going to say. Suicide is usually attributed to some sort of mental illness.

No suicide is not attributed to mental illness. It is attributed to a lack of desire to overcome adversity. The society we live in has created a imperfect way to be perfect, wealth and beauty, neither are perfect and are both responsible for the majority of those that attempt to commit suicide or do. Think about it, anytime you hear someone tried or someone did, almost always it has to do with some form of these 2 failed society norms. Either way it is because of failure or not living up to expectations.

Sometimes there may be a medical issue involved.

I agree, but your reasoning is complete Bs.

Edited by Jeffertonturner
  • Like 1

No suicide is not attributed to mental illness. It is attributed to a lack of desire to overcome adversity. The society we live in has created a imperfect way to be perfect, wealth and beauty, neither are perfect and are both responsible for the majority of those that attempt to commit suicide or do. Think about it, anytime you hear someone tried or someone did, almost always it has to do with some form of these 2 failed society norms. Either way it is because of failure or not living up to expectations.

Sometimes there may be a medical issue involved.

Right, 'It is attributed to a lack of desire to overcome adversity'. What planet are you from? I once saw people who killed themselves as cowards. But i grew up. I grew up and saw the underlining issue.

• Like 2

Nice clip and snip there mr. veteran of the internet, :clap: , yes it is my opinion, I wrote the thread and I posted it. Stating the obvious hardly qualifies as a post of any value.

Why do I need to quote your entire post to say it is unsubstantiated BS?
  • Like 4

I think one of the reasons there are so many suicides in countries like the States is the judgmental religious view of it. Another reason is attitudes like that reflected in the "we are over medicated" as a reason for not getting medical attention.

There is a developing anti-medicine attitude amongst some that is really weird, considering the benefits medicine has brought us. I take my pills, and I think they are why I remain on this planet. Indeed, such attitudes probably are a form of suicide by superstitious ignorance.

• Like 2

Right, 'It is attributed to a lack of desire to overcome adversity'. What planet are you from? I once saw people who killed themselves as cowards. But i grew up. I grew up and saw the underlining issue.

Never said they were cowards...just misguided souls. This is the planet I reside on currently and here they use suicide as an escape route to what they think will be a different existence.

I think one of the reasons there are so many suicides in countries like the States is the judgmental religious view of it. Another reason is attitudes like that reflected in the "we are over medicated" as a reason for not getting medical attention.

There is a developing anti-medicine attitude amongst some that is really weird, considering the benefits medicine has brought us. I take my pills, and I think they are why I remain on this planet. Indeed, such attitudes probably are a form of suicide by superstitious ignorance.

Still doesn't change the fact that suicide is used to escape. If you take pills to control a medical issue that is you, that does not include all.

I agree, but your reasoning is complete Bs.

That is your opinion, and you are entitled, but to summarily dismiss my opinion as BS only serves to enlighten me as to your inability to say anything worthwhile.

Why do I need to quote your entire post to say it is unsubstantiated BS?

Far from unsubstantiated. Your inability to add anything of value is overstated.

Funny how those that don't agree simply just attribute the entire post as BS. Perhaps a nerve has been struck. feel free to give me more than just the obligatory BS line. Share something of value.

Suicide is actually listed as a side-effect of many anti-depressants commonly prescribed by doctors in the US. So "we are over-medicated" as a reason to not seek medication isn't necessarily a driver of suicide. It's more likely the reverse.

• Like 3

Suicides generally come about because a distorted perspective causes the person to see no way out, no escape, from their suffering. This perspective is in turn brought about by brain chemicals out of balance. The inclination to this can hit anyone, but the tendency to have repeated bouts of depression is genetic. The person is not responsible and in fact has little control over what happens. Simplistic judgmentalism such as what you have posted does even more harm.

Often the balance corrects itself and sense and healthy perspective returns and the depression passes. This is the best that can be done for those whose depression does not respond to medication, to constantly remind themselves, "this will pass." When society and medicine fail such people, their deaths are tragic and to be grieved just as any other death.

• Like 2

Never said they were cowards...just misguided souls. This is the planet I reside on currently and here they use suicide as an escape route to what they think will be a different existence.

"misguided souls"....pffff....i beg to differ! i tell you one thing: if i should ever be diagnosed with a terminal desease, i sure would like to find a way that grants me the decision over WHEN and HOW i die, no matter if you think my spirit leaves the path of righteousness or not.....

• Like 6

if the question is ''name the act of self termination''

then suicide is the answer.

never say never.

Still doesn't change the fact that suicide is used to escape. If you take pills to control a medical issue that is you, that does not include all.

That is your opinion, and you are entitled, but to summarily dismiss my opinion as BS only serves to enlighten me as to your inability to say anything worthwhile.

Far from unsubstantiated. Your inability to add anything of value is overstated.

Funny how those that don't agree simply just attribute the entire post as BS. Perhaps a nerve has been struck. feel free to give me more than just the obligatory BS line. Share something of value.

why on earth would anyone want to contribute anything to a thread where a contradictory viewpoint is dismissed outright by the OP as 'i'm right. you're wrong. don't argue.'

and everything else is met with arrogance & scorn?

you need to reign it in.

seriously.

• Like 8

Just keeping in line with your unsubstantiated nonsense.

Edit: Unsubstantiated describes your OP perfectly.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 4

People of all walks of life commit suicide be it the poorest of the poor or the ones who have everything (i.e money, possessions, easy life)

Suicide is usually born from depression, a feeling that their lives are worthless and no one really cares about them.

Some people may feel like that if they are being harassed by their family such as being constantly criticized and belittled or if they are being abused and our "wonderful" society either cannot or will not help them. (Sometimes it seems the latter is the case.)

So I disagree that suicide is born out of the "inability" to overcome adversity. Telling a person who is suicidal that they are "harming" the evolution of their so-called "soul" does nothing to address and alleviate their very real pain they are experiencing in the very real world.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 3

This is the planet I reside on currently and here they use suicide as an escape route to what they think will be a different existence.

Wrong on so many levels. Many are not thinking of somewhere better to go - they just want the mental pain they live with every second to stop, nothing more, just stop. If there seems to be no end in sight, they contemplate the worst scenario. Also, it is a mental health issue, directly related to having the coping tools necessary to deal with either the black cloud of depression, or external forces (people) that are destroying you.

• Like 3

320417_398113340254744_1015166524_n.jpg

the cats knows how to keep the nine lives they do .....

~

• Like 4