Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What would be the last thing you'd think of?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Don't see this thread as macabre or anything. The real point is what I'm seeing what may be the most important things in life to you. Sometimes you need to consider such extremes to expose the truth.

Imagine a scenario, try to imagine in it in such a way that you can somewhat simulate it with your senses (this does take practise but have a go), you are walking down an alley and someone mugs you, you've been stabbed multiple times and left to drop to the ground and you are bleeding out. Maybe you're in shock, or thinking of a way to get help. Now, say you've accepted your fate (death) and just waiting for it to come.

What would you be thinking about?

Would it be how much money you have? Your nice car? Your huge wardrobe or grand house? Some famous movie star?

Or separately from the point, just thinking well, my times up.

Well, I'd like to assume not a single person here would be thinking about any of that. You might be thinking, well, I'd be thinking about the people I love but these things are just extras in my life or desirables. But how many times have these things destroyed that?

A lot of people put some of these things above what really matters to them in life an in the end, end up regretting it.

This materialistic world we live in, we are told what we need. We are told what you have to be and look like, to be respected. Famous people are put on such a pedestal we forget they are just human being and probably no different than some of us (maybe a bit less interesting ;) ). If you don't have this or you don't have that, it's a bad thing.

This isn't a society geared towards what actually matters. Those materialistic views were simply created for people to exploit other people and cash in.

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

No problem answering this at all.  I would be thinking of my ex wife and daughter.  Praying that they understood how sorry I was for hurting them.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#3    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,809 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

My family. More specifically, my two kids.

#4    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,192 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

Those who have gone before me, and the people I will leave behind.

#5    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,902 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Have I got time for another rum?

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#6    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,443 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

My children (and my dogs).

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#7    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,624 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 09 December 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

Those who have gone before me, and the people I will leave behind.
Same here.

Posted Image

#8    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

I actually drowned and the last thought I had was its so peaceful and quiet and the water is a beautiful crimson colour [From the blood gushing out above my right eye] I felt I was at peace/happy the whole time weird huh.

#9    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

i would think of my family.. and how i wished i had gotten to see my sons grow in to men..at least that is what i would like to think of.. never know.. i could very well be contemplating whether or not heaven and hell are real places

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#10    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

I would just think about how bad and unfair this world was upon me and i would felt happy for leaving it...

Edited by CuriousGreek, 10 December 2012 - 12:15 AM.

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#11    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,732 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

I'd worry about if anyone would check in on and take care of my kitty.

#12    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

when i read the question..  the first thing that came to mind was my wife...  then my parents.. then me!

.   .   *  good one ealdwita  :lol:

Edited by lightly, 10 December 2012 - 01:51 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#13    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,340 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

View PostCRIPTIC CHAMELEON, on 09 December 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

I actually drowned and the last thought I had was its so peaceful and quiet and the water is a beautiful crimson colour [From the blood gushing out above my right eye] I felt I was at peace/happy the whole time weird huh.
It actually sounds like a great way to go, peaceful & happy. My last thought I think would be regret at leaving this marvelous planet &  everything I love about it.

#14    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 09 December 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

What would be the last thing you'd think of?
Before the last time I was gravely ill..., it had never occured to me that if my body had started to deteriorate, I would have wanted to die. I grew up believing that one should fight for one's life to the last breath. I remember watching the rain-soaked willow tree from my window and saying to myself, "This is a perfect day to die." Hours later, death came as a relief, and I was at peace with it with no regrets, nor fear. It was as natural as breathing. Another thing, I heard my last sigh because I was totally aware of everything that was happening. I even felt my heart stopped pumping and the coldness of death engulfing my body, until my spirit was "sucked out" of it. I say, "sucked out," for leaving my body was beyond my control.

On the other hand, I understand that it's not always a pleasant departure.

Peace.

Edited by braveone2u, 10 December 2012 - 03:42 AM.

https://www.youtube....ix3pVUX86yBWWzS  (playlist )    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008232820397

According to Gnosticism, Christ came to world to give us a way out; so, why is Gnosticism so secretive and elitist when it comes to salvation??
My Lord is not a judge but a loving Divine Being. Love is our natural state, and it also demands us to grow up. Our conscience tells us when we are not in that state of love.

#15    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

if i was at the point where i accepted i was dying i would be thinking of what's ahead.

the last surgery i had resulted in serious hemmoraging and after a lot of aggressive manhandling i was clumsily rushed back into surgery the next morning. i remember first the panic, then the fear of what was happening to my body with no apparent regard for me (hey i'm in the room people!!) but suddenly when i realized i may not 'wake up' from the surgery i was calm, thinking well here we go to wherever...
i know that doesn't sound very loving or caring, but i gotta tell ya at that moment i was on a journey and i was looking straight ahead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users