Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFO's in SF

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    g00dfella

g00dfella

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

SAN FRANCISCOPosted Image (CBS 5) – A viewer told CBS 5 about some surprising video captured early Sunday morning in San Francisco’s Mission District.

In the video, a series of lights fly in formation above the city before appearing to take a diamond shape and eventually disappearing.

Several commenters on the Mission Mission blog said that they had also noticed the aircraft.

The video, which shows seven lights in a row, was shot by Enrique Barrios with his cellphone.

“Looked like flame, you know, fireballs in the sky,” Barrios said in an interview with CBS 5.

David Shelley took pictures as the lights hovered over him early Sunday Morning. “Kind of looked like a fiery, floaty thing,” he said.

Witnesses said the lights flickered on and off, then took different shapes.

“So in the beginning they looked like flying candles, and then afterwards they started making formations, triangular formations,” said Barrios.

Bing Quock, assistant director of the Morrison Planetarium at the California Academy of Sciences said, “It’s not a planet, it’s not a constellation, it’s not meteors, it’s not the moon.”

Quock said there is a plausible explanation. “It looks to me like it could have been balloons, carrying lights,” he said.

When asked if it could be some alien starship, Quock said, “That would not be my first guess, no.”

“I am 100 percent sure this was a UFO,” Barrios said. But he admitted having a little Christmas cheer the night he took the video.

“Absolutely, tequila was maybe an influence here,” he said, laughing.

CBS 5 contacted federal aviation officials, and they said they have received no reports of strange lights in the sky, and aren’t sure what the aircraft spotted in the video is. So for now, the flying objects remain unidentified.

http://sanfrancisco....ove-sf-mission/

#2    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,284 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

to fast to be balloons.......

I know, the video is sped up.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 9,558 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Living plasma.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#4    quillius

quillius

• 4,743 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

canadian snowbirds  :whistle:

#5    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

to fast to be balloons.......

Balloons will coast the same speed as the wind, so you can't say "too fast to be balloons" since balloons can be still, or drift up to 40-50 miles an hour depending on the speed of the wind.

#6    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,670 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

Can't tell what it is, video isn't good enough quality.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#7    g00dfella

g00dfella

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostCpl599, on 11 December 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Balloons will coast the same speed as the wind, so you can't say "too fast to be balloons" since balloons can be still, or drift up to 40-50 miles an hour depending on the speed of the wind.

Doesn't explain them changing formations, if the wind pushes them one direction then they should all move in that direction...

#8    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 9,558 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

View Postg00dfella, on 11 December 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Doesn't explain them changing formations, if the wind pushes them one direction then they should all move in that direction...

Unless they're caught in a wind box.

Plasma flares.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#9    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,283 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

View Postquillius, on 11 December 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

canadian snowbirds  :whistle:
A ship out at sea.
:innocent:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#10    zoser

zoser

Blue Emerald

• 8,799 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Chinese lanterns; always look for the prosaic explanation first.  That's what Jim O taught me.

Posted Image

#11    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 9,558 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

View Postzoser, on 11 December 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

Chinese lanterns; always look for the prosaic explanation first.  That's what Jim O taught me.

That should just be common sense.

#12    g00dfella

g00dfella

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

I'm guessing these are chinese laterns tied together myself..looks like the lights flicker...I see about 7-8 of them, thinking its Haunakah related...

#13    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,469 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 11 December 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

That should just be common sense.

Have you forgotten on what forum this is, Sweety?? :santa:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#14    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Have you ever had to work with wind patterns?  I have.  They are similar to water current.  Just because you see it flowing in one direction, doesn't mean there is no under current ready to pull you in a different one.

#15    g00dfella

g00dfella

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostCpl599, on 11 December 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

Have you ever had to work with wind patterns?  I have.  They are similar to water current.  Just because you see it flowing in one direction, doesn't mean there is no under current ready to pull you in a different one.

The obejects seem too close together for that to happen..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users