Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poltergeist Activity?

Paluc84

My brother owns a cafe and has started to encounter some really weird stuff. It started as some noises here and there, footsteps and laughing. It's now got to the point of furniture being placed onto a table normally with a vase under one leg. Today, this happened but also a chair was thrown across the room and he decided to lock up and go home. He asked me to go back later with him. He had placed a bible and rosary beads In the room where it all happens. We went in, the crucifix on the beads was turned upside down, the chair was placed on a table with a vase under one leg and a six pointed triangle in a circle was drawn on a table in salt. This is not a joke, please, please believe me. Finally we entered the kitchen to find 4 knives stuck in the ceiling. What is happening? What do we do to stop this?

My brother owns a cafe and has started to encounter some really weird stuff. It started as some noises here and there, footsteps and laughing. It's now got to the point of furniture being placed onto a table normally with a vase under one leg. Today, this happened but also a chair was thrown across the room and he decided to lock up and go home. He asked me to go back later with him. He had placed a bible and rosary beads In the room where it all happens. We went in, the crucifix on the beads was turned upside down, the chair was placed on a table with a vase under one leg and a six pointed triangle in a circle was drawn on a table in salt. This is not a joke, please, please believe me. Finally we entered the kitchen to find 4 knives stuck in the ceiling. What is happening? What do we do to stop this?

Sounds really scary for you! Is there any way it could be someone winding you up? Don't get me wrong I have witnessed poltergeist activity myself so I'm not disbelieving this could be real. But you have to rule out human mischief.

• Like 2

Did you or your brother actually witness any of this first hand? Chairs placing themselves on tables.. knives flying up into the roof.. ect. The noises you're brothers hearing could be just be his minds playing tricks if he has come across activity that looks to be 'ghostly' behaviour I guess you could say. You need to rule out human activity--completely.

I too am not saying that what you and your brother are experiencing is untrue but it wouldn't hurt to look into maybe some teen mischief.

I would find a poltergeist creating a pentagram with salt a little too intelligent. However, I am not striking it down as impossible. Can you provide any photographs of this so we can gather a better mental picture?

Hi guys ruled out entirely a wind up. Believe me argument after argument ensued. We have had fall outs with lots of people over this. I can't believe this myself, but we have no choice- it appears to be the only explanation. I'll upload some photos if I can work it out!!

Erm. Photos will be of no use, they would only leave the door of human activity completely open. Not to say you're dishonest, Paluc. If you wish to find answers over the Internet, the only thing that would be of use to 'us' would be a video of these occurrences taking place. Have you actually seen this happen in the first place? It motion.

Edit: What I mean to say is photos aren't evidence of anything pertaining to ghosts from this forums point of view.

Edited by Thomas J

Has someone been killed there? or does the place have a shady past? How much of the history of the property do you know?

Welcome to the forum.

Edit: What I mean to say is photos aren't evidence of anything pertaining to ghosts from this forums point of view.

I asked for photos so from MY point of view they are relevant. Don't wrap the views of some into the views of the whole forum.

I asked for photos so from MY point of view they are relevant. Don't wrap the views of some into the views of the whole forum.

Alright then.. they aren't much use from my point of view..

It will be interesting to see what you think you're able to deduct from them. Lmao.

Alright then.. they aren't much use from my point of view..

It will be interesting to see what you think you're able to deduct from them. Lmao.

I'm not saying I am going to be able to look at them and proclaim, "By golly gee whiz, sir, I'd say you have a mischievous little Casper running amok in your bar." It's simply being curious. I would have assumed you would have that same ability, curiosity, since you are in fact a member of a unexplained mystery forum.

• Like 1

I agree that a poltergeist actually constructing a pentagram and sticking knives into the ceiling, whilst possible, would be a remarkable (and terrifying!) act. Pictures would be interesting to study, human involvement is certainly a suspect though if you have covered all bases and know there was no access or motive for someone to play you like that then there are stranger possibilities to consider!

I'm not saying I am going to be able to look at them and proclaim, "By golly gee whiz, sir, I'd say you have a mischievous little Casper running amok in your bar." It's simply being curious. I would have assumed you would have that same ability, curiosity, since you are in fact a member of a unexplained mystery forum.

Mhm. My apologies, I'm in a bad mood at the moment from lack of sleep. Seemed kind of pointless asking for what has already been described.

Mhm. My apologies, I'm in a bad mood at the moment from lack of sleep. Seemed kind of pointless asking for what has already been described.

I can understand lack of sleep and a "fowl mood" I mean...I am female and am master of fowl moods. I will take your sassyness as a result of fatigue :D

We are going to the extreme of getting a priest to the premise to cleanse the whole property. We have a suspicion that it has something to do with a table that he took from someone, they gave him this table for free. Its all centering around the table. Ive done some digging and whilst some on here may disagree is it possible that 'demons' or whatever can use furniture as a 'medium' or 'portal' to to come through if they have previously been used in black magic before and not been cleansed afterwards? Ive no idea if its been used for this at all its just a possibility. NOBODY else has access to the cafe, nobody. These things have happened when only us have been in the property sometimes when both of us have been in the front of the property at the same time, then we have gone into the back of the property and found chairs stood on vases, thrown across the room, there was a high chair wedged in the corner of one of the walls once. Pictures have been knocked off the wall., and cushions placed inside unburnt candles?

We are going to the extreme of getting a priest to the premise to cleanse the whole property. We have a suspicion that it has something to do with a table that he took from someone, they gave him this table for free. Its all centering around the table. Ive done some digging and whilst some on here may disagree is it possible that 'demons' or whatever can use furniture as a 'medium' or 'portal' to to come through if they have previously been used in black magic before and not been cleansed afterwards? Ive no idea if its been used for this at all its just a possibility. NOBODY else has access to the cafe, nobody. These things have happened when only us have been in the property sometimes when both of us have been in the front of the property at the same time, then we have gone into the back of the property and found chairs stood on vases, thrown across the room, there was a high chair wedged in the corner of one of the walls once. Pictures have been knocked off the wall., and cushions placed inside unburnt candles?

It certainly wouldn't hurt to get the place cleansed....it will build a wall of protection in your mind, so it will help.It will give you belief in yourself!!

Most ghosts, demons and other horrid things that do things like this, feed off the fear and negativity that they create...so you take away the fear and you take away their power over you.

I would do some research on the cafe and see if anything turns up x

Thanks for the reply. I never believed stuff like this before. But now I do. The knives being stuck in the ceiling un nerves me. It did it again today with a Stanley knife, stuck it into a door casing.

• Like 1

You should definitely look around local paranormal investigation organizations, they may find some things that could help explain it. I've heard of objects carrying significance to spirits before, so it would be intriguing if you could research past ownership of the item of furniture, by the sounds of it the previous owners wanted to be rid of it! It certainly sounds extreme, has anything ever occurred whilst customers have been in? Sounds like classic poltergeist antics, at least each event but all packed so tightly after one another is pretty crazy stuff :o

Its never moved anything whilst customers have been in to my knowledge no. Yesterday we rigged up a CCTV camera. About 2 hours after we rigged it up, the camera was moved. Not just moved but it was violently shaking for 10-15 seconds then came to a rest looking at the ceiling. Its becoming a bit much now.

You should definitely look around local paranormal investigation organizations, they may find some things that could help explain it. I've heard of objects carrying significance to spirits before, so it would be intriguing if you could research past ownership of the item of furniture, by the sounds of it the previous owners wanted to be rid of it! It certainly sounds extreme, has anything ever occurred whilst customers have been in? Sounds like classic poltergeist antics, at least each event but all packed so tightly after one another is pretty crazy stuff :o

Totally agree, get someone in with experience too look into your problem, they will offer help, support and advice. Where abouts are you, as I may be able to give you some contacts x if you want them!!

Its never moved anything whilst customers have been in to my knowledge no. Yesterday we rigged up a CCTV camera. About 2 hours after we rigged it up, the camera was moved. Not just moved but it was violently shaking for 10-15 seconds then came to a rest looking at the ceiling. Its becoming a bit much now.

This. Installing cameras is a step in the right direction.

• Like 4

well then one of you is going to have to be brave and take a camera with you at all times to record interactions. I think its just trying to scare you now, but when it gets to a point that it wants to hurt you or you feel your in danger then maybe you should think of closing down and getting out of there.

Also have someone with you at all times (besides the 2 of you) that may discourage whatever is there or it might get brave and still do what it wants.

Your probably going to have to get rid of the table, but if you do then you should get it completely destroyed or burn it (of course doing it safely).

Just think if you can provide a video of what you are saying. It would be fascinating!

Contact some paranormal teams, they won't laugh at you or anything and they will know how to handle it x

Take Care both of you!!!

any cctv inside the cafe? place it there & u can see whatever. i am not discredit anything u say but to catch either one a cctv would be better. trust me.

You might also try to move the table that is causing the issue to another place to see if that helps. If it's the table then you wouldn't have to worry about cameras and knives. :tu:

Since you already have the camera keeping it running and catching some evidence would be helpful.. If nothing else to assure yourselves that you aren't crazy.

I've seen some mention of possible poltergeist activity, if you do some research on poltergeists you will find that those are caused by people and not inanimate objects so I don't see this being the cause.

Things can attach themselves to objects for any reason... they could have been used for specific things, the materials, even the person who made the object puts their own energy into it and can cause different phenomena.

If it is the table, you can try a few things to make it quit acting up. First you can smudge the table with sage (light a sage bundle and waft the smoke around), or you can have the item blessed by a holy person of your beliefs. Salt makes a good barrier for things as well (it's helped me in the past).

I wish you luck.

Where is the footage?

I will hit Powerball before any footage of this is posted / shown.

You need to call your local University, tell them you have absolute on-going evidence. With this much activity, you can be the one to finally get a actual scientific investigation from a credible source involved. You can be the one to show the world these claims are true....Call a University, and be persistent.

Also, post the cctv footage....

And here, you have a chance for some free advertisement.....What Cafe' is this?...And where?

Free advertisement !

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1