Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Does anyone here access hubble archives

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1    landscapecontractor

landscapecontractor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

• It is the tension between creativity and skepticism that has produced the stunning and unexpected findings of science.

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:09 PM

If there are any pro's here I could use some help with dataset file extensions and filters used. Currently I have access to stsci, HST, the ESO science archives etc... I just have problems finding the right files for processing. That is, I have to download full sets and then scroll through hundreds of files to find the calibrated files, its very time consuming. Is there a way to only get ONLY the 3 files needed to form the RGB set?
Any help is appreciated yes.gif
Currently I use the Aladin interface, also starview. I use the "stage" for FTP downloads usually. I have photoshop, fits liberator and registax. I also have autostar suite which has align, combign, drizzle and all the goodies.
I'm sure you realize the learning curve and trying to navigate nasa or any other archives for 3 little (or large actually) files.. its somewhat like "trying to find LESS than a needle in a haystack" hmm.gif I'll take anything I can get, Tx ahead yes.gif
If anyone else is interested in accessing and then processing your own space images you could start here:
http://www.spacetelescope.org/projects/fits_liberator/  ( Lars Lindberg Christensen is, or was atleast 2 years ago a great help via email) have fun....
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE thumbsup.gif

"Space travel is bunk!" - Sir Harold Spencer Jones, Astronomer Royal of Britain, 1957, two weeks before the launch of Sputnik!
"Man's greatest asset is the unsettled mind."  - Isaac Asimov

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users