Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Worst Band Ever

Uteromind

Who do you think the worst band of all time is? I think Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Linkin Park and more...

And to that nitwit (riotboy555) who called me a noob for putting this topic in the wrong section... devil.gif muahahahaha.... ( I put it in the right section this time...)

Edited by Uteromind

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Ed

• TheOriginalF

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

• Uteromind

Nirvana- Do I really have to explain this? Horrible band, horrible people... only good thing about them was that Kurt died.

Pearl Jam- I didn't do drugs in high school, so all I heard was how out of time, out of tune and moronically droning they were. Kinda sad that when the druggies got out of rehab, they noticed the same thing.

Korn/Limp Bizkit- anyone can take a 9 string guitar, tune it down like 5 steps, and process it through so much rumble tone no one catches on to that there's no musical talent at work on that thing.

2Pac- It might be weird putting a rapper on a list for worst bands, but to me 2Pac is one of the worst performers ever. People like telling me he was such a masterful poet- his poetry's worse than mine, which is saying something. Not to mention that all he could rap about was being a gansta and how much he hated white people.

D12- See 2Pac, but replace white people with gays. Would the real Slim Shady please just shut up? Shut up? Shut up?

Nirvana- Do I really have to explain this? Horrible band, horrible people... only good thing about them was that Kurt died.

Pearl Jam- I didn't do drugs in high school, so all I heard was how out of time, out of tune and moronically droning they were. Kinda sad that when the druggies got out of rehab, they noticed the same thing.

630788[/snapback]

dude, you have a lot of guts to be saying these 2 bands are some of the worst. they were 2 of the most influencial bands in the past couple decades.

Edited by Shakezulah

Really there are simply too many to mention! I would say the vast majority of mainstream bands are pretty terrible, I mean how much uninspired, hackneyed garbage can these record spew fourth every year?

Personally I think that Kiss absolutely tops the list of worst bands...vapid unintelligent lyrics, boring repetitive guitar parts, and a sub standard rhythm section. And come on now is the make up really necessary? It's quite frankly the dumbest act I think I have ever seen in my life. It's called creativity boys! Please after putting on this act for thirty years do you think you guys could even try doing something new or perhaps different?

First Two:

How on earth do you figure that Pearl Jam is out of tune and out of time? I mean they aren't my cup of tea, but speaking strictly from a musical perspective they were one of the tightest bands to come out of the 90's. I would love to hear how you came to this conclusion.

I'd have to say Korn as well..puke.. thumbdown.gif

Nirvana and Pearl jam were together with Rage Against The Machine and Smashing Pumpkins the 4 big new sounds of the 90's. When grunge was still grunge and rock still rock. How can you say these things about them ? no.gif

I dont really think there is something as a worst band ever for me. I dont have to listen to things i dont like, i never listen to radio, always to CD's and mp3's.

But i dont like music like Britney, or that sluthead Gwen Stefani. Stuff like Nelly or one of those other black artists. Not that i dont like black people, its their music.

Manic Street Preachers suck too.

Yeah no kidding greychupa those bands helped define an era that most bands are still ripping off and using to this day. Luckily most of the originators got out of the business before they became old and stale like my above mentioned example.

I just realized that I don't know that much about rock bands...so I will just say hi and calmly keep on walking backwards out of the conversation....lol blush.gif

I'll agree with the initial post. Good Charlotte, Linkin Park and Simple Plan are absolutely horrid. I absolutely can't stand these groups, I don't know how the hell they got record labels.

I'll also agree with everyone else regarding Nirvana and Pearl Jam. They were highly influential for their time. Even though Pearl Jam was really only good in the early 90's.

In order of horribleness:

Rush- by far the worst band ever to gain access to a recording studio.

Journey- I loathe their every utterance.

Chicago- Peter Cetrra's voice is like sonic acid.

where to start.

with the beatles, have never enjoyed any of their songs, way to poppy.

journey, saga, foreigner, all those poser crap bands of the seventies.

80's there was duran duran.

and although madonna's not a band, she's crap.

and the alltime no talent worst band......oasis.

grin2.giforiginal.gifmellow.gifno.gifdontgetit.gifsad.gifmad.gifangry.gif

Nice... you ask, I tell you. You bite my head off- ok, how about we do it this way next time:

So, what do you think is the worst band ever, but there's only certain answers you can give. If you thought the Stones sucked, keep it to yourself! Grateful Dead- Keep it! Metallica- yourself! Led Zep- zip! Grunge- shush! Yes, there are wrong answers for your opinion!

I thought snopes was the only site that did that...

But I'll appease you:

How on earth do you figure that Pearl Jam is out of tune and out of time? I mean they aren't my cup of tea, but speaking strictly from a musical perspective they were one of the tightest bands to come out of the 90's. I would love to hear how you came to this conclusion.

I play lead guitar, and when a friend of mine asked me to play some Pearl Jam for his B-Day, I couldn't get it the timing to sound right until I was counting so sloppy I was doing the opening the songs I picked slopping the gap between 2/4 and 9/8. Also, I had to knock my A, D, and B strings really out of tune to make the notes sound the right pitch.

Like I said, I didn't do drugs, so I had to hear them the way they do on the albums.

Nirvana and Pearl jam were together with Rage Against The Machine and Smashing Pumpkins the 4 big new sounds of the 90's. When grunge was still grunge and rock still rock. How can you say these things about them

1. Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Korn and Pantera were all a LOT more influential on the 1990's than Smashing Pumpkins ever were. Soundgarden may still rank as a lot higher influence than Rage.

2. Nirvana wasn't a new sound- they ripped off the Pixies, Alan Moore, Boston and Gn'R, especially on the Nevermind album. Pearl Jam isn't a new sound, either- poorly played stoner rock's been around since the Grateful Dead. Pearl Jam didn't even have an original playing style. If anyone was a new sound for the era, it was Korn. Rapcore's the only really new sound the 90's had to offer- it's universally acknowledged as the most unoriginal era in music.

3. Well, maybe I'm jealous- I wish I could hit my fans, blow off gigs, slander my band, suck heroin and lie that I'm bi-polar while stereotyping the disorder like Kurt Cobain. Or I could harass my fans into doing drugs backstage like Pearl Jam and get off with just a warning. Or maybe I wish I could steal all my riffs, not even play them right, and still be worshipped.

alien.gif worst bands ? geez i don't think there is enough space in cyberspace to list them all.

but there is a trend , the 60's stunk but the 70's stunk more, the 80's stunk more than the 70's but the 90's stink even more than the 80's. however the 2000's stink more than ever.

can you see a trend developing ? what are the big corporations up to ? devil.gif

Edited by jsf35rino

I play lead guitar, and when a friend of mine asked me to play some Pearl Jam for his B-Day, I couldn't get it the timing to sound right until I was counting so sloppy I was doing the opening the songs I picked slopping the gap between 2/4 and 9/8. Also, I had to knock my A, D, and B strings really out of tune to make the notes sound the right pitch.

631280[/snapback]

Hmm are you sure? In my time as a session musician I've covered many Pearl Jam songs and I've never once noticed a problem with the timing, they are always tight and right in the pocket. I suppose it really depends on the piece but in all my experience you are the only one I have ever heard mention that, and I've worked with some pretty top notch pros over the years.

As for the tuning I'm not entirely sure why you would have to do that, you're notes are going to remain relative no matter what the tuning of the strings...a C will always be a C it will just fall on a different fret. I would venture to guess that the song was in an alternate tuning which wasn't uncommon in that scene, nor in the world of music as a whole. I have heard people say the same thing about jazz and blues, yet they fail to realize that a lot of jazz and blues musicians use a myriad of alternate tunings. It doesn't mean you have to re tune it just makes it easier to hit the right notes, nor does it simply equate to a band being out of tune.

Edited by TheOriginalF

Any of those "pop punk" bands mentioned earlier...Good Charlotte, Simple Plan...any of those included in that recent wave of "garage bands" that have "the" in the title...The Vines, The Hives, The Strokes...

The worst offenders, though, would have to be responsible for what could quite possibly be THE most annoying lifestyle/fashion trends to date.

Emo. Screamo. "Hardcore." Whatever you want to call it, it's universally terrible. And it should die. And the people who listen to it should put down their tissueboxes, stop crying, get haircuts, AND BUY CLOTHES THAT FIT. And the square glasses just look dumb. Please. Stop.

HAHAHAHAHA....how about "Wham"?

At the end of the 70'S there was an all girl band called "The Runaways" To quote on critic of the day, "They sound like they learned to play on their way to the studio". The bright side of this is that out of that awful band sprang the likes of Joan Jett and Lita Ford. But together they were just terrible.

Ok, to the idiot that said the Beatles were one of the worst bands...You may not like their music, but you have to appreciate what they did for the music world. They revolutionised it! Without the Beatles many of your favourite bands might not be here today.

It's not very nice to call people idiots, especially when you are named after a talking horse laugh.gif

True, but hey, I needed a name and for some reason this one came to mind a few years ago, the Harry Enfield sketch I think.

No, I think I was just, saying that about one of the worlds greatest bands does warrant an 'idiot'. I don't think he is an idiot about everything, just for saying that...

ok worst bands, off the top of my head...

oh there are so many, i can't possibly list them all no.gif

innocent.gif

If we are including single arists, then vanilla ice has to be one of the worst. He actually ripped off a queen song.

Milli Vanilli comes to mind for the worst.

Mr Ed you can disagree with people without calling them idiots and jeceris is many things but an idiot he is not.

I just said he is not an idiot in general. And you are 100% right, it is possible not to resort to calling people an idiot for a single idiotic comment.

Edited by Mr Ed