Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What's your geekiest hobby?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#31    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostScreamingSarcasm, on 18 September 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

Hmm, well I have a room where half the walls are covered in shelves of Native American items, some of them passed down via family and some of them bought, like pottery and weavings and blankets and kachina dolls and all that. I collect swords/knives too, on a different wall I've got an old Japanese sword hanging in a wood and glass case, and then a machete and a couple sets of daggers and some other things. So, those are probably 2 of the nerdiest things I collect, and I Love making jewelry and learning about different cultures as hobbies.

Nah, nothing geeky about native american stuff (unless you wear it full time and run around demanding that people call you Running Deer) or swords (unless you run around dressed like a samuri and expect people to call you Bushido).

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#32    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,028 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostThe Mule, on 18 September 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

(unless you run around dressed like a samuri and expect people to call you Bushido).
I expect it.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#33    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostHasina, on 18 September 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

I expect it.

Someone probably always caters to your expectations too ;)

Posted Image

#34    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 9,558 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

Lately I've been collecting stuff like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Part of my actual collection:

Posted Image

Edited by Sweetpumper, 18 September 2012 - 05:06 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#35    HeartsAreForBreaking

HeartsAreForBreaking

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

• Welcome to my home. Now get the **** out.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

View PostThe Mule, on 18 September 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

Nah, nothing geeky about native american stuff (unless you wear it full time and run around demanding that people call you Running Deer) or swords (unless you run around dressed like a samuri and expect people to call you Bushido).
Mule, I think I'm going to give you my figurative "Person of the Day" sticker, because that comment made me crack up :P I just recently changed jobs, but when I was doing management for an alternative health center, we were really small so all the practitioners and I knew each other well enough, and we used to come up with wrestling names for each other. I was "The Mighty Midget", and we had some other ones that were really funny, like one of my coworkers was really tall and skinny, so I started calling him "The Iron String-bean", and then a bunch of our clients just followed suit. I know a lot of Natives acknowledge in their own philosophies that they believe in a concept at least similar to totem animals, and in Southern California I most often spent time with other members of the Apache tribe, and when any number of us got together we might go by "Westernized" names, or if a tribal name (many of which include some animal) was established we might use those interchangeably with your day-to-day ones. But no, I don't have people at work or anything calling me Sitting Lark or Red Deer.

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

#36    Barnacle Battlefront

Barnacle Battlefront

Child of Skaro

• 5,393 posts

• There's no place like 127.0.0.1

A symptom of the universe

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:18 AM

I collect merchandise to do with this guy:

Posted Image

He's Happy from the anime Fairy Tail  :D So far I have 4 plushies, 1 bag, a wallet, 6 little Happy's on my keychain (I have less keys), 5 mobile phone charms and a little figurine :D

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking. Racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy as hell.- Maca02

#37    _Only

_Only

• 6,352 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

When I saw Sweetpumper's Captain America figurine, I thought it was a real person in a costume, until I scrolled down to the legs. I used to have a set of Resident Evil action figures still in the boxes when I was a teen. I was so proud that I kept them pristine, but somehow lost them in the move...

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#38    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostScreamingSarcasm, on 19 September 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

Mule, I think I'm going to give you my figurative "Person of the Day" sticker, because that comment made me crack up :P I just recently changed jobs, but when I was doing management for an alternative health center, we were really small so all the practitioners and I knew each other well enough, and we used to come up with wrestling names for each other. I was "The Mighty Midget", and we had some other ones that were really funny, like one of my coworkers was really tall and skinny, so I started calling him "The Iron String-bean", and then a bunch of our clients just followed suit. I know a lot of Natives acknowledge in their own philosophies that they believe in a concept at least similar to totem animals, and in Southern California I most often spent time with other members of the Apache tribe, and when any number of us got together we might go by "Westernized" names, or if a tribal name (many of which include some animal) was established we might use those interchangeably with your day-to-day ones. But no, I don't have people at work or anything calling me Sitting Lark or Red Deer.

Awesome, but you're not going to blindfold yourself, spin around three times and THEN apply the sticker. Especially if its tail-shapped. Thats a donkey thing.

Mighty Midget? Sound like it blows up one of my other geeky hobbies: Assigning voices and physical properties to the UM posters. I had you pegged with a kinda scratchy, young Susan St James voice and about 5 foot 9. Mighty Midget makes you sound a wee bit shorter....

Posted Image

#39    _Only

_Only

• 6,352 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostScreamingSarcasm, on 19 September 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

But no, I don't have people at work or anything calling me Sitting Lark or Red Deer.

I will call you Talks With Fingers

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#40    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,028 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostThe Mule, on 19 September 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

Awesome, but you're not going to blindfold yourself, spin around three times and THEN apply the sticker. Especially if its tail-shapped. Thats a donkey thing.

Mighty Midget? Sound like it blows up one of my other geeky hobbies: Assigning voices and physical properties to the UM posters. I had you pegged with a kinda scratchy, young Susan St James voice and about 5 foot 9. Mighty Midget makes you sound a wee bit shorter....

Me next! Me next!

Posted Image

~MEH~

#41    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostHasina, on 19 September 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

Me next! Me next!

You want SS to play pin the tail on the Hasina?

Posted Image

#42    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,028 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

View PostThe Mule, on 19 September 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

You want SS to play pin the tail on the Hasina?

Well, I meant the whole 'what do I sound like to you' thingy but I'm always up for party games. ~O(<that's a balloon)

Posted Image

~MEH~

#43    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

I would not be shocked if you were south of five foot. Five three tops. And you have anna kendricks voice.  Which is making life tough for anna not being able to speak anymore.

Posted Image

#44    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,408 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

The only t.v. I watch is the science channel.  Otherwise I'll go to the movies sometimes.

I have a very large board game collection ranging from Arkham Horror, Risk(3 different versions), The Settlers of Catan, Dixit and many many more.

I got bored a few weeks ago, went into my backyard and made a Doro Dango ball out of the dirt.  My niece promptly destroyed it.

After I watch a really good movie or play a really good game I'm compelled to research all of the lore I possibly can about it.

The only Halloween costumes I have ever worn I made myself.  Back in high school my friend and I once printed life-sized photographs of each others heads, wore the exact same clothes and swapped photo-masks and went as Doppelgangers all day.

#45    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

View PostWickian, on 19 September 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

After I watch a really good movie or play a really good game I'm compelled to research all of the lore I possibly can about it.

I did this after watching the movie "Telstar: The Joe Meek" Story 3 days in a row.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users