Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 6 votes

USO, filmed up close

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#91    SAmbag

SAmbag

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:56 PM

View PostMacroramphosis, on 03 October 2011 - 07:02 PM, said:

Says who ?

As I have said earlier on this thread, I spent 16 years of my life fishing for crab and lobster, picking up buoys of this size, in tide like this. On average we would pull 600 pots a day, and our season would last year-round.  I have seen this scenario, as videoed, maybe over 100,000 times. That buoy is acting EXACTLY how it should be acting if it was anchored to the seabed in some tide. You may want to see some wake at the front and sides, but it doesn't happen like that. Indeed, on some tidal cycles when the current pulls so strongly that a buoy is underwater, the wake will appear several yards behind it.

Let me explain better what is happening in the video - imagine a clock-face where the tide is running from 9.00 to 3.00, with the buoy anchored in the centre. The yacht is travelling from 4.30 to 10.30. as it heads across the clock-face, the current running from left to right will push it down onto the buoy. As the boat closes with the buoy, the crew assume the buoy is moving, but it is not  -  the boat is. As the boat passes the buoy the buoy itself seems to "move" round the stern. At this stage the woman at the helm goes hard to starboard, you can see the wake clearly moving to one side - at this stage the buoy seems to accelerate but in reality the boat is now going 6.00 to 12.00, and is now going down-tide, away from the buoy.

I would assume, from the crackily radio reception, that the interview in the video takes place well away from Sweden  -  but still somewhere in European waters because of the way the crew are dressed. In some ways this would make sense since (1) there is little tidal movement in coastal Swedish waters and so the crew may have been very unaccustomed to seeing this scenario, and (2) almost anywhere south of Denmark the chances of encountering tidal currents increase.

There is no USO, no sub and no fish involved in this video. It is almost certainly a white buoy, as used by a pleasure-boat, which is marking an anchor on the sea-bed which the pleasure-boat crew have been unable to raise due to the tide. At slack water, I bet they returned and pulled both the buoy and anchor up.

I trust this guy's opinion because his avatar is a fish. Fish avatar says not a USO = case closed imo.

#92    alcapwn27

alcapwn27

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:06 PM

ummm.. what are you guys looking at? cuz i dont see anything.

#93    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

I have an interest in UFO's and USO's but I'm not going to make that leap and say it's E.T. or a buyou. Needs further investigating.

#94    Varelse

Varelse

Unanimous Animous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

• The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:06 AM

Its a tuna that got away. The "orb" is the "bobber". Went under the boat trying to free itself. Could be 40 feet of heavyweight line between the poor guy's mouth and the float.

Imo.

At their very core, it seems each of God's religions' are "divine". That always fosters "divinely inspired" and now man is involved for the better. Then "divinely probable" gets added to "divinish~ly" suspect and flat out "I just don't like it when" and all books from God go downhill.

#95    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,417 posts

• dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:35 AM

Looks like a white globe doing extraordinary manoeuvre's within the water, maybe it's a new species of fish. Just as plausible as the OP title.

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#96    BrandOfAmber

BrandOfAmber

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• Life is the lust of the lamp for the light that is dark till the dawn of the day that we die...

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:14 PM

View PostHazzard, on 23 September 2011 - 12:54 PM, said:

:w00t:

I love this line - A swiftly moving white orb was spottted chasing a boat in the ocean off the coast of Sweden.  :lol:

What in the world this has to do with UFOs and ET I will never know... If anything I think it shows just how much faith that is needed in this field called UFOology.

While this could well be explained by a number of conventional theories, Hazzard you should really be ashamed of yourself.

Some folks may not know what a USO is, but I've been watching you post long enough now to know that you know what it is and what it means.

The acronym 'USO' for those unaware, stands for 'unidentified submerged/submersible object', just as the term 'UFO' stands for 'unidentified flying object'.

The title USO was entirely appropriate for this video.  Just as the title UFO is applicable to objects in the sky before the point of identification.

Pseudo-skeptics be informed, this tactic of constantly abusing OPs who post honest questions does nothing more effective than reflect negatively upon you.

Congrats Bouncer on a terrific find.  This might well turn out to be something conventional, (a buoy being pulled by a marine animal, or by another vessel) however I personally have never seen anything like it before, and I thank you for bringing it to our attention.  Bouncer, for those of us out here who are actually investigating these cases, even examples that begin as 'unidentified' and are established as 'terrestrially caused' are helpful and educational.  

From a scientific point of view, one begins with a hypothesis, and then tests that hypothesis against the data set available pertaining to the case.

You've done that here, please don't allow negative responses to deter you from continuing along this path of honest inquiry.

Well met sir/mam, and have a wonderful day.

-Brand of Amber

#97    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,221 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:58 AM

Does the term "Hook Line And Sinker" mean anything ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#98    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

Could it be the dreaded swamp gas again?  What about plasma?  A weather balloon?  Is it Venus?  Must be one of these culprits surely!

Posted Image

#99    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,834 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

View PostMacroramphosis, on 03 October 2011 - 07:02 PM, said:

As I have said earlier on this thread, I spent 16 years of my life fishing for crab and lobster, picking up buoys of this size, in tide like this. On average we would pull 600 pots a day, and our season would last year-round.  I have seen this scenario, as videoed, maybe over 100,000 times. That buoy is acting EXACTLY how it should be acting if it was anchored to the seabed in some tide. You may want to see some wake at the front and sides, but it doesn't happen like that. Indeed, on some tidal cycles when the current pulls so strongly that a buoy is underwater, the wake will appear several yards behind it.

....There is no USO, no sub and no fish involved in this video. It is almost certainly a white buoy, as used by a pleasure-boat, which is marking an anchor on the sea-bed which the pleasure-boat crew have been unable to raise due to the tide. At slack water, I bet they returned and pulled both the buoy and anchor up.

It seems to me that this USO is actually an ISO (Identified Submerged Object). Sometimes the "unknown" turns out to be of a very earthly origin. One of the key parts of the scientific method is attempting falsification of any hypothesis (ie, looking for prosiac explanations). I'd say this particular mystery has been solved.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#100    Yellow Jacket

Yellow Jacket

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

Look directly behind the white orb.  It looks like tentacles.  I think it is an octopus, or something int that family.  It is moving very fast, but you can see the pumping action just behind the orb.  You can actually make out the shape of an octopus.

#101    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,519 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:11 AM

Where is the connection to space or ET? We see something not only on earth, but underwater, a little out of the ordinary, and some point at the sky. How does that work? Where is the connection to the stars? Why is this Aliens? When was it tracked on RADAR as leaving the atmosphere, let alone the water?

I would say this is considered by some to be an alien, because many are too lazy to have a think and just point at their new Gods whenever they see something a little bit different. I find it a very sad state of affairs. I do not understand why some people think anything and everything new to them is Aliens. Humans are certainly very accomplished drama queens.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#102    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,221 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:19 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 November 2011 - 12:11 AM, said:

Where is the connection to space or ET? We see something not only on earth, but underwater, a little out of the ordinary, and some point at the sky. How does that work? Where is the connection to the stars? Why is this Aliens? When was it tracked on RADAR as leaving the atmosphere, let alone the water?

I would say this is considered by some to be an alien, because many are too lazy to have a think and just point at their new Gods whenever they see something a little bit different. I find it a very sad state of affairs. I do not understand why some people think anything and everything new to them is Aliens. Humans are certainly very accomplished drama queens.

You hit the Bobbin right on the head of the Nail psyche101 ~ only thing missing is a Great Freddie Mercury Song ! "Hit it Mcromn" :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#103    Saitung

Saitung

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

• We are today, the sum totality of all our life's decisions.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

Quite terrestrial indeed, a tethered radio-communications line from a submerged Submarine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users