Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

a riddle in the dream

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    NoahJaymes

NoahJaymes

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:09 PM

Continously give the wrong answer....if you try to answer wrong, what is the probability of getting it right lol.....talk about bad luck if you do. tongue.gif

#17    Bear's Quest

Bear's Quest

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:16 AM

I couldn't help but think of the movie 'Wargames'  (Joshua- A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess? )

#18    ElOne

ElOne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:24 AM

justejust on Mar 28 2008, 05:36 PM, said:

I had this dream last year, I wrote it down and remembered it recently for no reason, so I thought I'll share, since it's so interesting. Well, to me. It was like a riddle, like a task, a question. It said:

"When a man and a robot are playing the Icelandic game, and the right answer in this game is a bad thing, will any of the players avoid to start first?"

I have no idea what the Icelandic game is. In the dream I saw it like a chessboard, with a square card on each square, and under the cards there were questions. Players in turn uncover cards and answer the questions.
Now, I know it makes no sense. Maybe I shouldn't have posted it at all, or post it in a writers' and artists' hangout....as a form of art, subconscious creation...  I don't really think this dream means something about my life... But it fascinates me, it seems to have certain logic in it. I was trying to solve it. I thought it has something to do with an ability to risk, or maybe ability to lie, or ability to plan ahead... That's why one of the players is a robot. But what does it has to do with who starts first? Maybe there are some secret rules about this game that I don't know?
Yes, I know it all sounds a bit crazy. However, maybe someone has any ideas about this? Creative ones? Some guesses, something I missed?
Thank you for reading original.gif

I find your dream quite interesting, especially in the name of the game.  I have read that Iceland and Greenland, when named were confused and the intended names were given erroneously to the inappropriate island.  Iceland is quite warm considering it is in the north Atlantic and Greenland is quite cold.
   I have read through the posts to this point and if I understand your question, the answer is that the only good thing would be “not to start”.

Let’s look at the riddle:
"When a man and a robot are playing the Icelandic game, and the right answer in this game is a bad thing, will any of the players avoid to start first?"

The robot is going to know that the best move is not to make one.  However men are risk takers, throwing caution to the wind, and he will be the one to move first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users