Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Age of Aquarius

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:03 PM

View PostConsciousness, on 01 October 2009 - 09:48 AM, said:

Maybe you should read the part on that site how humans came to be.
It seems you don't even know what creationist means.Let me fill you in.

cre·a·tion·ism
Belief in the literal interpretation of the account of the creation of the universe and of all living things related in the Bible

creationism - the literal belief in the account of Creation given in the Book of Genesis; "creationism denies the theory of evolution of species
http://www.thefreedi...com/creationism

The site I posted is clearly not a creationist site.
Maybe you should get your facts straight before you try
to debate something.Either you didn't read anything from the
link to the site I posted or you don't know what a creationist is.
Well now you learned something.

ive learned you have no idea what im talking about, and whats worse, you dont know what youre talking about.
i know what creationism means, hence why i stated that when showing thats wht your link was. make sense now?
i really dont understand how youre NOT getting any of this  :hmm:
again, youre just not reading http://home.iae.nl/u...r/awareness.htm
creationists believe in a Creator. get it? that sums it up right there. get over it kid.

the truth is out there....

#32    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

• 15,163 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:06 PM

View PostConsciousness, on 01 October 2009 - 09:42 AM, said:

How did you prove that it is bs.You didn't prove anything but how foolish you seem.

ummm, you just dont like to read do you?
or you dont mind reading, just not accepting it. i refuted your above posts, about 'planet x' and IRAS finding it.
accept it, and move on. i really dont know why you keep dwelling on it.

#33    Consciousness

Consciousness

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:30 AM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 01 October 2009 - 07:03 PM, said:

ive learned you have no idea what im talking about, and whats worse, you dont know what youre talking about.
i know what creationism means, hence why i stated that when showing thats wht your link was. make sense now?
i really dont understand how youre NOT getting any of this  :hmm:
again, youre just not reading http://home.iae.nl/u...r/awareness.htm
creationists believe in a Creator. get it? that sums it up right there. get over it kid.

Creationist believe that the world is only 6,000 years old and they believe
the creator is Yehweh.You don't know what creationism means and I even gave you the
definition.

#34    Consciousness

Consciousness

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:32 AM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 01 October 2009 - 07:06 PM, said:

or you dont mind reading, just not accepting it. i refuted your above posts, about 'planet x' and IRAS finding it.

You didn't prove anything!

#35    Consciousness

Consciousness

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:38 AM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 01 October 2009 - 07:06 PM, said:

Naturally, since you have been lied to about reality your entire life, any truthful revelations contradicting your false worldview may indeed appear to be far-fetched.The search for greater truth beyond religion and science, the profound seriousness of doing real thinking, philosophy and ontology.

#36    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

• 15,163 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:18 PM

View PostConsciousness, on 02 October 2009 - 06:30 AM, said:

the creator is Yehweh.You don't know what creationism means and I even gave you the
definition.

ummm, i do know what it means. always have. and many creationsts believe in 10,000 years, which you probably didnt know.
but creationism means you believe your God or deity Created the world and universe, most likely by its literal religious account.
suck it up kid.

Edited by Agent. Mulder, 02 October 2009 - 04:22 PM.

#37    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

• 15,163 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:21 PM

View PostConsciousness, on 02 October 2009 - 06:38 AM, said:

Naturally, since you have been lied to about reality your entire life, any truthful revelations contradicting your false worldview may indeed appear to be far-fetched.The search for greater truth beyond religion and science, the profound seriousness of doing real thinking, philosophy and ontology.

ok 1, im doing philosophy right now.
2, dont EVER group something as stupid as planet x into phiolosphy, Ever. people from Plato, to Descartes, to Russell would want to you have your head for hearing something so stupid. besides, None of this has Anything to do, with me refuting your sources. so just accept it, and move on.

#38    _Only

_Only

• 6,634 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:12 PM

View PostHugh, on 29 August 2009 - 08:37 PM, said:

Let the sunshine in, you've got to feel it. :)

Man, you beat me to it...

But I find it funny that they chose to call the grouping of all the old spiritual understandings "New Age". It's not new age, modern science and theology is the new age. Ok, I'm going to watch that video again. Always makes me laugh. :lol:

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#39    _Only

_Only

• 6,634 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

View PostConsciousness, on 02 October 2009 - 06:30 AM, said:

definition.

Correction. Most creationists believe that the world is only 6,000 years old, and some believe the creator is Yehweh. And, your definition is somewhat odd as it narrows creationists as only believing due to Genesis or the bible. That simply isn't true. Merriam-Webster's dictionary definition is more adeptly worded:

"creationism - a doctrine or theory holding that matter, the various forms of life, and the world were created by God out of nothing and usually in the way described in Genesis."

I'm sure there are creationists that believe a reptilian alien created our universe. So Agent.Mulder's definition was clearly easy to understand and valid. Creationists believe in a creator of all that we know.

And I was a bit bothered by you saying what Agent.Mulder believes was learned through lies, and that his opinion on world view is false.

Edited by Jerry Only, 02 October 2009 - 09:31 PM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#40    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,819 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:58 AM

View PostConsciousness, on 02 October 2009 - 06:38 AM, said:

Sadly, the "truth" that's being espoused does nothing to enlighten people beyond the standard New Agist "the sky gods love everything"

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#41    devilmaycare

devilmaycare

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:52 AM

Knowledge is a personal thing. And what people choose to do with it is as well. Some people will die before they give up their own beliefs. Most people do not realize the extreme possessiveness of their own attention and therefore never get to attain any awareness beyond what the physical body offers. Doesn't matter WHAT you believe in. Yes, no, true, false, good, bad; belief is just that belief. There is no 'norm' to belief nor a 'norm' of worthwhile knowledge. It is as it always has been: to each his own. I'll admit some of the threads here are beyond ridiculous and are abysmally juvenile. Fortunately this site is open to all, just as knowledge is open to anyone and everyone who seek it.
All that being said, whether or not the guy next to you can see what you see, feel what you feel, or even know what you know is entirely unimportant. The only thing that does matter is not allowing those around you to remain ignorant, or more appropriately, in the dark, as it 'were'. Arguing about belief is asinine when neither party can, or even should, have to prove anything to the other. The only important belief is the positive one. All else can easily be dismissed.
This is akin to the analogy of being in a bucket & every time you try climbing out there is always the guy who wants to stop you just so he can maintain his own possessive attentions (of the bucket no less).
"The sky god's love everything". All I can say is what IF love was unattainable to you ever. You would be like a puppy thrown from the window of a fast moving car in the middle of the desert. Life as we know it is not possible without love. There is certainly not enough of it going around. I didn't read that site simply because it was not necessary. Consciousness did it for me. Life is about pushing all boundaries aside and going beyond 'limits'. There is no limit to anything except maybe the stubbornness associated with ignorance. Sometimes it just dies.

Edited by devilmaycare, 05 October 2009 - 03:14 AM.

If you have nothing you would die for, then you also have nothing to live for.

"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority. By definition, there are already enough people to do that." G. H. Hardy

#42    maximaldecimal

maximaldecimal

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

• Just cuz I'm schitzo doesn't make me nuts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:02 AM

Devilmaycare has a good point "benign it up you sots"-me.  I think we can all agree to disagree about whether or not we think is or is not an invisible planet the size of Jupiter hiding somewhere in the solar system waiting for the alignment with the black hole to strike. All this aside I am a creationist for I believe in the force of creation.  I am not a happy go lucky everything loves you guru.  In fact I believe theology takes a side seat to biology and physics for it is for other purposes.  That being said lets get back to the op I believe more rainfall and flooding is already happening to quote Al Gore "Global warming."  The peacefull unity of the planet and the awakening of long dormant powers. I'm optomistic to say the least.  It is a far better thing than utter devestation and obliteration by far and I need a happy thought now and then.  In fact it is one of my fiercest hopes that one day we can all get along at least in day to day wellbieng.  I have little hope that people will all get along I think people will allways disagree.  I do not think it is too much to hope that people can disagree without hating on each other.  In the realm of opinion everyone has the facts and all of them are fabricated by the individual.  This substantiates nothing and yet it substantiates everything.  Fact is still fact however opinion is the force with which the facts are used.  One good comback from conciousness would be that tiamat is hidden in the dark sector of parallel dimensions and then It would be further substantiated by his private cosmology.  A scifi buff might say it was claoked.  Heck if there is an unseen sphere out there maybe its made of dark matter.  All of this compelling though it may be would still be plausably implausable for the lack of concrete fact.  This would come only from verification by multiply assessors, and if the sites are right will start happening next year.  So I guess we don't have to wait that long for gratification.

I am nothing, I am infinite, I am one.

#43    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:26 AM

View PostZhna, on 04 September 2009 - 01:48 PM, said:

This age so Sucks! It's so unpredictable than ever before! Too much brain talk, intellectualism and science makes our living a living hell. Vaccination and antibiotics are not to meant to be used by us because they ruin the harmony in nature. Even micro organisms are living things and has therefore their place. And animals will be hated without reason be it in developed or undeveloped countries. All trouble became with Drug, first their concept of religion and now their technocraty of whom both fail with their monistic thinking. Philosophies which doesn't take things as they are, philosophies which deny spiritual growth! Age of Aquarius is a cleansing of this Earth, even the whole universe and we Zhna will inherit it. Ever heard about polar shifting in atomic scale? When matter change to antimatter, then death will cease to exist, Drug will cease to exist, Peshotanus will cease to exist, Daevas will cease to exist, Ahriman will cease to exist and with them all time and space. Only then we Zhnas will be free from our inner barriers, from our defensiveness, from our suspeciousness, from our stubborness and become innocent childs with FEEL in highest regard.
Yeah! We'd be so much better if we were all stupid!

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#44    tinieblas

tinieblas

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

• just because a million people believe in a stupid thing, doesn't stop it being a stupid thing

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:43 AM

View PostMattshark, on 23 October 2009 - 12:26 AM, said:

Yeah! We'd be so much better if we were all stupid!

I would recommend the scientists toward researching into Mirror Matter and Quantum Physics on the subject.  Though I don't believe in Planet X personally, I can see the scientists like to cherry-pick as much as they accuse many of the people on here of doing.  

Genuine, spending billions of euros to build a huge machine under Belgium to prove it science folks!  Black holes, fragmentary matter, simultaneatity, paired protons, strange attractors....absolute bunk according to the science of 10 years ago but esablished fact now?

Open Minded Seeker of the Possible
"there are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy, Horatio" - Hamlet
"science is a tool with which to measure, not a rule[r] with which to strike the supposedly ignorant" - source unknown
"the fact that a million people beleive in a stupid thing does not stop it from being a stupid thing" - Anon

#45    innerverse

innerverse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

• The problem with our world is that the fools are always sure about their actions and the wise always in doubt and insecure

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:22 AM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 25 September 2009 - 09:30 PM, said:

you do realize astrology isnt real right?

I literally could write a book why astrology is "real". The problem is that most of modern people accept as "real" the only philosophy that examines the outer appearance of the cosmos, which is science and also has a tendency to judge the esoteric sciences with the methods implied in her own model of thinking, which means that science tries to disqualify philosophies that give a totally different approach to reality, from inward to outward. As an analogy, it's like writing a computer program in two different programming languages and then claim the second is false because it doesn't use the syntax and vocabulary of the first or even implements a different algorithm. That doesn't mean though that the second is wrong.

Gradually, we are told, step by step, men produced the arts and crafts, this and that, until they emerged into the light of history. Those soporific words "gradually" and "step by step" repeated incessantly, are aimed at covering an ignorance which is both vast and surprising.
                                                        -Ugo de Santillana and Ertha Von Dechend, Hamlet's Mill, 1983

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users