Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dog allowed into maternity ward to watch

Still Waters

Staff said they were "appalled" that the family pet - called Barney - was allowed into the delivery room as a calming presence.

It was also claimed there was no additional cleaning carried out after the two-hour birth at St Michael's Hospital, Bristol.

The pregnant woman, who had no underlying medical conditions, asked for her pet to be present at the birth.

http://www.telegraph...give-birth.html

Owning a certified therapy dog, I see no problem with it. A bathed dog is no more dirty than a bathed human. IMO little kids are a lot more dirty than my therapy dog and not as well behaved.

• Like 5

yep, there are cleaner dogs out there than some humans. Its easy to catch diseases in hospitals and thats down to humans. Makes me laugh when they say dogs are dirty and yet many hospitals and people are filthy!

A vaccinated bathed dog carries far fewer germs that are dangerous to humans. Human toddlers are among the most disease carrying among us...yet few cry out for their banning or the need for additional cleaning (perhaps they should).

• Like 2

I wonder what the dog made of it all? Anyone thinks he understood what was happening?

Would it strengthen his bond with the baby? What would he have made of his 'mum' being in pain giving birth?

As for them being unclean! Like others have said...and I'd be more worried about him catching MRSA or whatever this months new infection's called.

I do suppose there is a slight case that they could've maybe given the delivery room a bit of an extra scrub down though..just to keep the whingers happy like.