Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My theory about Ghosts

diablo_04

I have to note that English is not my first language and probably I'll make spelling and grammar mistakes.

A few months ago, a had a idea or theory grow in my mind and it was stuck with me. I don't believe this theory to be true, its only a theory and i wanna share it with you all.

Its simple Ghost don't exist. I can't see why only few can stay on earth as ghost and other go to hell or heaven?

The mostly used explanation is that thees people have unfinished stuff, so that's why there are still present on this earth.

My logic cant accept this as an answer. Every one who has died or will die, will have unfinished stuff that will prevent them passing on. Its not like you know when you will die and put everything in order so you can die with out unfinished businesses.

And if the ghost have unfinished stuff to do, how he/she will let say do the stuff so he/she move on. Its not like we have "mediums" in every street to help them move on, so I'm guessing there should be more ghost than living human beings.

If, i mean if ghost exist, i believe they are jinns or demons.

In the Muslim folklore jinns are sharing this earth with us, there are good an evil jinns. jinns have the capabilities of reading our minds. So my theory is that jinns or demons are playing with us, reading someone mind and pretending as someone that person died just to cause pain and more suffering. That's why ghost can appear like someone you know and has died an has all the recollections that you have, its make more sense to me that the original idea about ghost.

• Like 1

• You have a valid point about ghosts been souls of people with unfinished business and I agree with that part. Im not quite sure about jinns and demons but I heard that theory too
  • Another theory I have found on other sources is that ghosts are projections of the past, involving wormholes and dimensions crossing, this theory says that when a ghost is sighted, it is actually a projection of a past "image" which is a product of a time slip, this theory also involves the theory that ghosts need electromagnetic energy to make an effect on our dimension.

• Another theory that I can remember is one that states that they're only an illusion created by neural slip ( not an actual term in this theory)

• Another one states that they are humans or another versions of ourselves from a parallel dimension, witnessed by us because of dimensions overlapping sometimes. Note that this would imply making us visible to them too.

• About your own theory, although I agree with being contradictory to say they have unfinished business, what would you think about them not being able to know how to proceed into another realm? This idea is not part of my own belief but i'd like to hear your opinion.
  • IMO I still welcome all ideas from differente sources that would make sense to create my own final conclusion, I have an open mind with healthy criticism

• Like 2

Manifestations of a grave sort, I'd say.

• Like 2

I agree and disagree with your theory. My theory however is that Ghosts are actually a new type of living creature, that needs Electricity to survive and thrive.

Ghosts do exist, I've seen one and don't think she was a jinn, demon or just in my head. I think the ghost of animals or people stick around because they died suddenly and unexpectedly. Doesn't necessarily mean they will stick around for long. I also think some spirits come back for another round at life and some don't want to do that again, once was enough.

I have had this thought too. I did change my mind because I have had a few of my own experiences that convince me otherwise. We all might have unfinished business, but some have more unfinished business than others. Especially if someone dies in a tragic way or feels much regret. Some spirits have not lived the ideal life or made the right decisions so I think they are afraid to go towards the light. I also feel some spirits are confused and still think they are alive. I know it sounds crazy, but it's just my opinion. I also think there are demons out there that do toy with us especially when we are most vulnerable.

I don't agree with your theory. I think it is logically easier to believe that when we die we move to spirit form, operating at a higher vibration. I believe that soon after people die there is a period of transition, in which they can communicate more easily with the earthly plane - in other words, their vibration is slow enough to come through with messages and signs to the people they left behind - which is why many people report experiencing after death communication with loved ones soon after they pass. Over time, however, those spirits usually move into a higher vibration beyond, also known as the white 'light' that many people who have had near-death experiences report on.

Often places that are reported to be haunted are places where there has been traumatic or sudden passings, such as in suicide or murder. These places have a lot of strange happenings, objects moving/poltergeists, apparitions, EVPs, etc. I don't know whether these spirits are more present because they have stayed behind and not moved into the light due to their trauma or if they are returning and returning to the place they died to work through those issues. Either way, I think that after most people die, they go into 'the light' aka 'heaven' and they can come back and visit any time and or see what is happening here with their families and even hear our thoughts. I base this theory on personal after-death communication messages I received, affirming medium messages that brought comfort (not deceit) and answered prayers.

Is it possible your theory might be based on religious upbringing based on some fear of ghosts? Remember, after Jesus died he was reportedly seen many times by his disciples and loved ones soon after his resurrection. He said 'do not touch me for I have not yet risen to the father' Though we all one day shed this mortal coil, it is comforting to know that our thoughts, memories, conscious minds and personalities live on in another, perhaps even better form.

• Like 2

My logic cant accept this as an answer. Every one who has died or will die, will have unfinished stuff that will prevent them passing on. Its not like you know when you will die and put everything in order so you can die with out unfinished businesses.

And if the ghost have unfinished stuff to do, how he/she will let say do the stuff so he/she move on. Its not like we have "mediums" in every street to help them move on, so I'm guessing there should be more ghost than living human beings.

In the Muslim folklore jinns are sharing this earth with us, there are good an evil jinns. jinns have the capabilities of reading our minds. So my theory is that jinns or demons are playing with us, reading someone mind and pretending as someone that person died just to cause pain and more suffering. That's why ghost can appear like someone you know and has died an has all the recollections that you have, its make more sense to me that the original idea about ghost.

Diablo, glad to see a perspective from another religion. First the ghost theories. I tend to believe that people are as varied as the number of stars in the sky. We each have our own destiny/issues/strengths/weaknesses. We each have an "assignment" here in order to grow. Death is as personal as life is. So if in life you are in denial about a lot of stuff, you might tend to deny you have died also. I think a lot of hauntings are this. Other hauntings may be people coming back to help, or sew up unfinished business by affecting the living in certain ways. And on and on. Some people are so mentally insane in life that this may be another reason they don't know they're dead. They simply are so checked out the don't even notice when their body stops working. As to jinns, this I think is a whole other deal. Or may have some crossover. Anyway, it's true IMHO that there are entities that push and pull men and women every which way. It explains a lot actually, these influences on people day in and day out. Great topic.

I do agree with your theory that some mischief making spirits, or entities can play tricks. Often they manifest when someone's dabbled in the occult, such as the ouija board. Often though, there are different types of "ghosts". Some have been shown to be the spirit of a deceased person, just returning to their former home. Some people feel a sense of warmth. So it isn't always scary. There are also "recordings" like echoes of history replaying, when people can hear things going on like ancient battles. Some people have witnessed "ghost" machines like airplanes, trains, busses and cars. Usually some hauntings are associated with unsettled spirits. When bodies and skeletons have been found, or once the identity of a spirit is discovered, the ghostly activity stops.

While you can associate ghosts with demons and telepathic entities messing around with our heads, don't forget that there are spirits who've

. given clues and info to living people

. wanted to be discovered

. brought comfort

. sent messages in response to those asking for a sign.

One thing I don't get about ghosts is that they hang around where they died and generally in the same clothes and are the same age with the same physical impairments. I would think I would get up and see the world, at a minimum, and get myself something nice to wear, and maybe at least clean myself up.

Well see, that's the thing Frank, they're just stuck. People who are insane get stuck too. In fact many people I know who are sane are really some hardcore slaves to routine.

if you will grant a few things... this will make sense .

first that travel from a future time ... into a past time is posable .

in the future , technology will improve or become advanced , or as very least provide greater capablitys .

humans do not need to have the ablity , but our future offspring will have the ablity to past travel.

if you can travel to the past , any enemy you have ,can be removed before they exsist .

if a enemy past travels .... and then you remove their parent... the being who is traveling will be a paradox , and must distroy your parent or die , before your child distroys their sourse parent in a travel to the past .

the result of a past traveling paradox will be a traveler who is bound by the laws of time travel , but is displaced to order and spending its energy as it goes to the past... so that when it arrives it is gone ( because it never did exsist)

displaced to order is to say... it had no effect on the time line , so some aspects will be non-sense , out of place or with out conceptual foundation .

aw... gravity will go backwards , light will go from it to the sun , it will chill the air .

but only part of it... the part traveling will be invisable and normal...

so... you have a repeater .

if the past traveler is desprite , it can try to change your current history , to save itself ...

but more likly it will burn itself out and not simply not know who it is... but forget everything ...

so... you have interactive ghosts...

you can also have people caught in the event horizon ... who were , but now the time line is changed and they are as much gone as the traveler.... as much here as the traveler ...

not gone , but not dead ....

Edited by onereaderone

OK...Nice to see some constructive thinking on this one.

OK...Nice to see some constructive thinking on this one.

Think the keyboard is broken.

I don't think it an illusion, if so then its a pretty huge one. One thing bothers me is why animals like dogs are able sense things that Humans cannot hear or see?

Even if I provided plausible physical explanations for a million poltergeists [or ghosts] in a million different places at a million different times, there is always the possibility that the next one that pops up will be the real thing. So, those who believe in poltergeists, ghosts, and haunted houses can always take refuge in the fact that nobody ever has enough information to debunk every ghost story, and even if they did, the next one might prove the debunkers wrong!

If one is selective enough, one can confirm just about any hypothesis. And, as the history of research into psychic phenomena has shown, the brighter one is the easier it is to rationalize and find reasons to support one's beliefs.

http://skepdic.com/ghosts.html

• Like 1

Put yourself in the shoes of a ghost.

If I were a ghost, I'd stay for a while to see if my family stopped being sad. Then I'd probably fly into deep down ocean or another planet to discover things. Or if possible, time travel to the past or future, billions of year ago. Or if possible go inside someone's body and experience everything they experience (live through their eyes, can't control them)

I also think that there could be millions of ghost, it's just that we can't see and interact with them.

• Like 1

I would lean toward a combination of time-slip overlaps/glitches (if you remember 8-track tape players, you remember what that could sound like) and the activities of spiritual beings who like to befuddle humanity.

Edited by J. K.

Question related to op: What percentage of people become ghosts? 1%?10%? 1 in a 1000? Just wondering.

What about a more practical, yet still outside the usual box, theory?

Thought forms. We have all spent a good degree of energy thinking about the place we visited one time that we loved, or repeating a painfully emotional event in our mind that happened long ago. For whatever various reasons, we are able to freely revisit old events and settings to relive that moment time and again in our imagination. You could philosophically say that we left a portion of ourselves at this place, and are able to evoke it at will. However, it isn't exactly a physical evocation, but a psychological (mind) one. Meaning the image can perhaps hang around even after our physical body has stopped ticking. These thought forms from our mind, aka'ghosts', could possibly even appear while we are still fully alive and well. But who would know the difference?

Spirits from the beyond? Maybe, I guess.

Thought projections sensed almost, but not quite, physically by ourselves and others? More plausible, in my eyes.

There's also always the possibility that ghosts are time bleed throughs:

in the future , technology will improve or become advanced , or as very least provide greater capablitys .

I doubt any technology will have to become more advanced, as opposed to a perception being broken free in the mind. We're slaves to the cause and effect factor of our human created concept of linear time. While hints are made to this not being the case (precognitive dreams are a good example), we don't understand how this can even be possible, so swiftly let the idea go cognitively/psychologically, and get back to watching the clock, wondering what will happen to us next.

Then, of course, those inclined to lean deeply toward science/technology and/or the physical world, will ignore how much of our world is ruled by individual/group perception, and will spend time imagining electrical devices and mathematical equations to somehow become a golden ticket to breaking the glass encasing our fabricated concept of time (aka cause and effect).

Put yourself in the shoes of a ghost.

If I were a ghost, I'd stay for a while to see if my family stopped being sad. Then I'd probably fly into deep down ocean or another planet to discover things. Or if possible, time travel to the past or future, billions of year ago. Or if possible go inside someone's body and experience everything they experience (live through their eyes, can't control them)

I also think that there could be millions of ghost, it's just that we can't see and interact with them.

As you describe it, sounds like is really great to be a ghost, for a second I haved a desire to jump from a bridge (joking).

• Like 1

As you describe it, sounds like is really great to be a ghost, for a second I haved a desire to jump from a bridge (joking).

If there is an afterlife and it's really like that, it makes life seem very boring!

that one post with all the extra spacing just freaked me out and now i'm lost.

• Like 1