Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Why so much depression and why pills to cure

mental health pills self empowerment will power energy

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

I don't get it everywhere I look I see so much depression. For instance I post art and poetry on a site called Tumblr. And you won't believe how many young people cut themselves and write about dying. Or how many of them actually ended up killing themselves.

Then we have all the depressed adults... who are depressed and then the mental doctors just give them pills.

I think these methods are not the solution. There must be some evil in the air making people depressed.

What is really going on here? And why haven't mental health doctors advanced beyond giving
patients drugs?

Also Tony Robbins material has been more help than any shrink could.
That guy is a genius and powerful wizard.

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#2    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,127 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostLostSouls7, on 03 July 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

I don't get it everywhere I look I see so much depression. For instance I post art and poetry on a site called Tumblr. And you won't believe how many young people cut themselves and write about dying. Or how many of them actually ended up killing themselves.

Then we have all the depressed adults... who are depressed and then the mental doctors just give them pills.

I think these methods are not the solution. There must be some evil in the air making people depressed.
Drill a hole in their head and let the spirits out?

What is really going on here? And why haven't mental health doctors advanced beyond giving
patients drugs?
Why haven't you advanced beyond superstition?

#3    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 03 July 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

Drill a hole in their head and let the spirits out?

Why haven't you advanced beyond superstition?

I am well beyond superstition...
In my youth mental health doctors were a waste of time.
I realized at a young age, they only give people pills and
ask them how their day was.

My methods worked in healing myself in many aspects of life.
pills don't heal anything...

Because most depression just comes from limited beliefs
and negative thinking... as a man thinks he becomes...

Do you Fear The Ouija?

#4    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

Don't try to force your flawed human logic on us!

• 2,461 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

I know iv been on a ton of painkillers for my pain and the side effects are horrible, because essentially its a chemical that once your body gets use to, it begins to need said chemical to feel right.  The pharmacy's make a lot of money off the fact that people have to pay for these pills. That's probably why they don't want marijuana to become fully legalized, because that would probably take the place of all pills a person has to take, and if not all most.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#5    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,020 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

I didn't go to an MD I went to a therapist with a PhD. As he explained he was going to figure out what meds I needed to tell my Doctor  to prescribe. I was not going to be on them forever just to get my brain chemistry working better.  Then he worked on me to change my thinking in order to change how my brain produced chemicals in its chemical make up, so I wasn't sad all the time. You can change the chemical  make up of your brain by changing how you think. It work out very well and gave me tools to help me deal with the grief and other stuff that was pushing over the edge. I still use some of the things he taught me when I need them.

My problem is I have MS which effects the central nerves system which includes the spine and the brain. My emotions can get out of control because of some damage, so I take a little pill that helps keep them in check. Also the side effect is weight loss. It all good. I'll be on the little pill or one like it most likely the rest of my life, but that is better than going off the nut and losing all my friends.

Notice the bio-electric sentient being.  Well that is what we are for the most part and sometimes the mother board get wonky and needs be fixed. It would be nice if they could just replace it but there is the bio part.

I was really lucky to fine that man and I shall be ever grateful for his help.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#6    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:54 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 03 July 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

I know iv been on a ton of painkillers for my pain and the side effects are horrible, because essentially its a chemical that once your body gets use to, it begins to need said chemical to feel right.  The pharmacy's make a lot of money off the fact that people have to pay for these pills. That's probably why they don't want marijuana to become fully legalized, because that would probably take the place of all pills a person has to take, and if not all most.

Yes i Believe mary jane would take the place of pills..
for it's relaxing and medicinal purposes...

And now we see many states trying to legalize it :)

Do you Fear The Ouija?

#7    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 03 July 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

I didn't go to an MD I went to a therapist with a PhD. As he explained he was going to figure out what meds I needed to tell my Doctor  to prescribe. I was not going to be on them forever just to get my brain chemistry working better.  Then he worked on me to change my thinking in order to change how my brain produced chemicals in its chemical make up, so I wasn't sad all the time. You can change the chemical  make up of your brain by changing how you think. It work out very well and gave me tools to help me deal with the grief and other stuff that was pushing over the edge. I still use some of the things he taught me when I need them.

My problem is I have MS which effects the central nerves system which includes the spine and the brain. My emotions can get out of control because of some damage, so I take a little pill that helps keep them in check. Also the side effect is weight loss. It all good. I'll be on the little pill or one like it most likely the rest of my life, but that is better than going off the nut and losing all my friends.

Notice the bio-electric sentient being.  Well that is what we are for the most part and sometimes the mother board get wonky and needs be fixed. It would be nice if they could just replace it but there is the bio part.

I was really lucky to fine that man and I shall be ever grateful for his help.

That is really great info Darkwind!!!
I do believe certain mental things do need help with pills.
Like schizoprenia.... and even my lover is on pills.

I just meant for ALL people who are even slight depressed...
it's straight to the prozac right away!!!

I do understand certain pills and drugs do help for certain things....

And i myself had a chemical imbalance in my mind long ago....
but in many ways I think it was my own doing..

I used to be lowly.. and depressed... now I am confident.. and powerful.....
but that inner energy was always there I believe... :)

Do you Fear The Ouija?

#8    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,461 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:42 AM

View PostLostSouls7, on 04 July 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

Yes i Believe mary jane would take the place of pills..
for it's relaxing and medicinal purposes...

And now we see many states trying to legalize it :)
Yeah there trying to legalize it but to many people would lose money if it was fully legalized. The pharmacies, the drug cartels to name a few.
I use to be depressed but the pills made me feel just off, like I was gonna throw up all the time so I asked my doc to just take me off of them.  Haven't been on any anti depressant in 5 or 6 years now.  I know there are times when pills are needed, my little cousin she' is on an anti-depressant/ anxiety pill because she is very intelligent for her age and a perfectionist. But along with that she worries literally about everything, from her mom and grandma dying to even the end of the world coming.  Shes only 14

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#9    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:44 AM

Expectation of quality of life in modern countries is now very high. When then expectation is not met, people get depressed.
Modern society leads us to want more. We're actually extremely lucky and too many people take it for granted.

Simply put - expect too much, get less, get sad.

Pills do their thing - they are tested and tried and if diagnosed and applied correctly, the treatments can be very effective. Side affects are well known and clearly advised.

Posted Image

#10    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,127 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

View PostLostSouls7, on 03 July 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

I am well beyond superstition...
Your comments on demons shows the opposite.

My methods worked in healing myself in many aspects of life.
pills don't heal anything...
How many trials have you performed?

#11    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,233 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostLostSouls7, on 03 July 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

patients drugs?

Also Tony Robbins material has been more help than any shrink could.
That guy is a genius and powerful wizard.
We are not living within the rhythms of our nature. Most people are economics slaves so of course they are going to be depressed.

Pills have their place, but yes the are over used.

Edited by Seeker79, 04 July 2013 - 01:43 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#12    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,020 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

Things to combat depression:
Smile whether or not you feel like it.  It helps trick your brain into thinking you are happy.

Slow your breathing when you are feeling stressed.  Breath in counting to 7, hold count to 7, breath out counting to 8.  It stops the fight or flight response and fools you brain in to thinking here is no danger.

Practice being happy. I have flowers on my porch. I go out and sit with them. I admire their beautiful and focus on that.

Find a hobby and do it. Another one of those things whether you feel like it or not.

Exercise, do something you enjoy.

Join a club or support group, socialize.

Stay away from depressants like booze. I stay out of the bar.  I don't have an issue with drinking but I find bars depressing, because people who hang out there are depressed for the most part.   I am old hippie anyway and I prefer drumming circles.

Anybody else got suggestions?

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#13    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 2,670 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 04 July 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

Things to combat depression:
Smile whether or not you feel like it.  It helps trick your brain into thinking you are happy.

Slow your breathing when you are feeling stressed.  Breath in counting to 7, hold count to 7, breath out counting to 8.  It stops the fight or flight response and fools you brain in to thinking here is no danger.

Practice being happy. I have flowers on my porch. I go out and sit with them. I admire their beautiful and focus on that.

Find a hobby and do it. Another one of those things whether you feel like it or not.

Exercise, do something you enjoy.

Join a club or support group, socialize.

Stay away from depressants like booze. I stay out of the bar.  I don't have an issue with drinking but I find bars depressing, because people who hang out there are depressed for the most part.   I am old hippie anyway and I prefer drumming circles.

Anybody else got suggestions?

Be of service to someone or something. Cut one's self some slack and recognize that imperfection is part of being human and doesn't make us wrong or bad. Forgive someone who's caused you harm. Forgive one's self. Take a dog for a walk. Read something educational or uplifting or inspiring. Listen to some beautiful music. For me it's Mozart's clarinet concerto or Keith Jarrett's Koln Concert. Recognize & accept that you're depressed but carry on with the day. Write positive affirmations. Write in a journal. Give thanks for being alive, feeling the sun or rain on your face, the people who love you, for the shelter you have, the food in your fridge, your cozy bed, the flowers in your garden. Give someone a bouquet. Clean your house, get rid of the dust & debris, put things in order. Smudge with white sage, burn sweet grass. Dance. Take a workshop that interests you. For one day, look into the eyes of everyone you meet and say hello. Visit the library. Wash & wax your car. Put up a bird feeder. Mow the lawn. OK, maybe I've gone a little too far with the last suggestion. While we're all depressed to some degree at one time or another, it doesn't have to stop us from living our lives. And if one is seriously and long-term depressed, visit your doctor, because you could have a bio-chemical imbalance.

#14    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

5:55

• 3,166 posts

• No two caterpillars share the same cocoon.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

We dont live in societies which allow us to be our true selves. We are forced to think, believe and act like everyone else, there is a standard to what is normal and acceptable and to go against it we receive outright or subliminal ridicule. We redicule ourselves for not being standard and this constant weight makes us psychologically not well on a minor scale and very ill in some or many cases. The problem is in society and is transfered to the individual. We can break free of it but it is a challenge and a fight and most people need guidance to do it. Most guidance is inadequate however, pills may help for temporary relief but by no means is curing the actual problem. I believe our minds our powerful instruments and with purposeful conditioning can be healed! We can acheive a state of semi-perpetual bliss, frequent ecstatic glee and moment by moment  appreciation for life. Everyday is a stepping stone and every avenue should be seen as such. Ultimately we have to grow into our natural selves, who by the way is always growing. Being who we are supposed to be has nothing to do with societal norms. We are depressed because we are bound.. prisoners trapped in a frame of mind.

Edited by SpiritWriter, 04 July 2013 - 04:10 PM.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#15    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,461 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

Yeah we live in a time where conforming is the norm now and if you don't conform some people have a real problem with it, and fads come and go so fast half the time its not even worth it to even try and conform.  For instance I don't have a FaceBook or Myspace page and I'm fine with that.  Most of my cousins and aunts do though, but I just don't see the point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users