Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Lucky escape for 1 year old in car crash

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Must have been a crappy carseat.  Either that or the impact was hard enough to rip the seat and toss the baby out.  I'm thinking that they did not have the baby in the carseat correctly.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#17    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

saw that video. Crazy lucky

#18    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,255 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

View Postkitty81, on 25 January 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

seriously??? never ever ever ever ever heard of a child bein ripped out of a carseat durin a collision
Wow, how many collisions like this have you seen where the back end of the car gets ripped apart by a lorry?
Anyway, it seems the child was thrown out of the car, so more likely was not strapped in in the first place as I can not see how the parent had time to unstrap the child.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#19    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 26 January 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

it seems the child was thrown out of the car, so more likely was not strapped in in the first place as I can not see how the parent had time to unstrap the child.

View Postfreetoroam, on 24 January 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

mentioned this with my husband, but as he pointed out, if you see the impact it has on the back of the car it may well have ripped it out.

I agree with your husband, it could have been ripped out.. It may not have been a good enough car seat...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 26 January 2013 - 01:16 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#20    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,255 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 26 January 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

I agree with your husband, it could have been ripped out.. It may not have been a good enough car seat...
My original point was that no matter how good the car seat, the impact ripped the underneath and back end of the car out, but it seems the child was not in a seat as it had been thrown out, and the parent would not have had time to undo the straps if it had been strapped in.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#21    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,657 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

So that child has no family now. I think the baby was being changed, jeep lost control. I think the jeep was not in control from the start

#22    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 26 January 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

So that child has no family now. I think the baby was being changed, jeep lost control. I think the jeep was not in control from the start

Eh?  Which child are you referring to?  Everyone survived in the OP video.  It was definitely out of control but the baby flew out of the back of the vehicle whereas both of the adults came out of the front of the vehicle so I don't think the child was being changed at the time. Also, the baby was fully clothed.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#23    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,362 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Looks like negligence on the driver's part for driving too fast for conditions, possible negligence for not restraining a child properly into a safety seat, and carelessly handling someone who was just thrown from a crushed automobile although I can understand the impulsive reaction to grab the child with oncoming traffic bearing down.   Also worth noting is how quickly the passenger starts retrieving personal belongings from the road before checking on the condition of the child.  

Clearly excessive speed was the factor here when the car in question is already on the brakes and already out of control, yet still quickly shot ahead of the car with the video camera.   Bad on the foolish driver to drive so recklessly.   Guilty.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#24    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

Thing is, the driver will most likely not be prosecuted as happens often in Russia. Their attitude to driving comes from a very macho or Darwinistic view towards other road users: the strong survive and the weak get crushed, although Darwin would be proud of some of the actions driver's have taken in Russia (thanks to well over 100 video compilations on Youtube). That and woefully corrupt traffic police who readily accept bribes.

There is also a reason why we see crashes like these more often coming out of Russia than other places is because of the prevalence of insurance fraud, where people either reverse into the car behind them and claim they were rear-ended or pedestrians purposefully running into traffic to claim some sort of payout.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#25    kitty81

kitty81

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• you never know.. >'.'<

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 25 January 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

If you read the story correctly, it was said the baby was thrown out of the car, as the car was going to crash, so the baby would escape
SERIOUSLY??????????????????????????????? LMAO

Kitty >'.'<

#26    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

View Postkitty81, on 27 January 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

SERIOUSLY??????????????????????????????? LMAO

Best way to save a baby in a car crash, throw him or her out the window into the middle of a busy road.  In winter.  Because then at least the one year old BABY can walk away unharmed.  Ahem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users