Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

what i hate about police shows.

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,845 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostCora Calliope, on 27 June 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

What's the problem with talking to the police? If you do some research on police relations in the USA, you'd be surprised at how harmful it is to talk to the police, whether you're guilty or not.
I think freetoroam was talking about you personally, not other Americans

#17    Cora Calliope

Cora Calliope

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

• "When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 27 June 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

I think freetoroam was talking about you personally, not other Americans

You mean, what's the harm in ME talking to the police, as opposed to the general populace?

#18    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,476 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

What i like least is ,  there are just way too many COP shows on. ...Whatever sells .. is quickly mimicked .   Until it goes the way of the Hoola Hoop ?

Edited by lightly, 27 June 2013 - 07:40 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,489 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostCora Calliope, on 27 June 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

You mean, what's the harm in ME talking to the police, as opposed to the general populace?
If you read my post again you will see that what I mean is people like you  (that sounds worse than it meant to be ) but I very much doubt the whole of the American populace feel the same and if they did, your country has a serious problem on their hands.
But hey, never mind, you always have lawyers to talk to instead......and aint they just dandy and honest!!

Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#20    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,677 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

I agree there are to many on tv.  Almost every show is some kind of police story.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#21    Nathan DiYorio

Nathan DiYorio

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

• Bitter words with sweet flavor are poison just the same.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 27 June 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

your country has a serious problem on their hands.

Yes, it does.

Posted Image

#22    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

View Postdanielost, on 27 June 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:

What I hate about any police how and most movies is that the only person who demands their rights is all most always the guilty party.

If there is a known crook or rich, these are the only exceptions.

I mean all you have to o is wait for the demanding of rights.  Those rights belong to everyone not just crooks.

Check out Vinnie Jones Worlds toughest cops..... its on youtube.

Awesom show.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#23    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 3,958 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostCora Calliope, on 27 June 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

Whenever I watch a police show, I'm always amazed at the amount of people who talk to the police. I learned at a fairly young age (via the InterWebs, friends, etc) that it's best to refrain from talking to the police (when they stop you, I mean.... not when you're calling for emergency help). In some places in the USA, you have to invoke your right to remain silent (as in you have to literally say, "I invoke my right to remain silent") but in other places you simply don't say anything (although, depending on where you live, you may be required to show ID or give them your name). A lawyer is much better at talking to the police on your behalf (and knows how to deal with them) better than you. For more information, I suggest you watch the lecture entitled "Don't Talk to the Police" by Professor James Duane or visit the ACLU's website and search for "Know You Rights."

NOTE: I'm NOT a lawyer; please don't misconstrue this as legal advice.
I think that is terrible advice.    I've talked to the police many times without any troubles.    Just try not to let them intimidate you.   They are there to help.   Use them and help them.

#24    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,035 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

I love to watch tv cop shows.  Not "COPS" but things like CSI, Law & Order, etc.

What I don't like is that too many people who DO watch these shows are now experts in the law.  

Here is a good guideline on what to do if questioned by the police or asked about a search.

Information on your "Miranda Rights"

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#25    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,677 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

I talked to a real csi here in walmart.  She said that csi was pretty close to reality.  Which makes since because the writer for the origanal show was a csi.

There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#26    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,677 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

View PostMyles, on 05 July 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

I think that is terrible advice.    I've talked to the police many times without any troubles.    Just try not to let them intimidate you.   They are there to help.   Use them and help them.

I just wnt to add they work for you.  I don't get upset if they pull me over for speeding.  They are just doing there job trying to keep the streers safe. They last time they pulled me over he bought my excuse.  It was true. I have a fear of hights and was coming off an over pass.  I was driving a taxi which may have been of help in no ticket too.

The only officer that upset me, was the one who told me he doesn't pull people over for running a red light, because he prefered to clean up an accident.  My thought was what if it was three year old he had to clean up.

#27    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,117 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

It has been shown time and time again that US liberties are being stepped on and the constitution is no longer a concern for the police. The brown shirts are now the blue shirts just a different country. Search and sesure is against the law unless suspected of a crime. With out that the cops don`t even have the right to ask you your name. The US is now a papers please state.

http://www.liveleak....=9e3_1373034153

Theres literaly thousands of videoes demonstrating the law ignoring the constitution.  The US national anthem needs to remove the words `` land of the free ``

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#28    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's history.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:31 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 27 June 2013 - 05:30 AM, said:

That's because demanding your right when you are innocent is generally counterproductive.

That's especially true in a country where no person has ever been falsely accused of committing a crime. No suspects have ever been coerced or framed. No prisoners are innocent of the crimes of which they have been convicted. I take it that you're not on the board of the Innocence Project.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#29    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

I just finished an episode of CSI: Miami. This young woman calls Caine as she is about to commit suicide. He tries to talk her out of it, she says it's too late.
So, instead of calling the huge horse stable where it was said on the show "hundreds" board their horses, so someone can stop her. Caine instead takes a huge chance with her life and drives his Hummer to the stable to stop her. So he can be a hero. Ugggh that's the corny stuff I hate on cop shows.

Also my mind and body tend to wander away when watching them -no favorites except old reruns of a few like Law and Order-. So the newer ones I catch occasionally seem to favor 4-5 possible suspects. By the time it gets to the clincher ending and revelation I've no clue which suspect Mary is or which one was Susan...and when they are all 20-something blondes its over for me....

I used to like cop shows more for the show and plot. Nowadays it seems if I watch any it is because I like the characters but the show or plots are kinda :td: .

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#30    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,677 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

That would be because they're no longer mysteries, just drama.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users