Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

The Truth About Cats: They're Good for Us

cats

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,174 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

I love animals.

But cats, hmmm....

Edited by pallidin, 23 August 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#17    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostBrianPotter, on 23 August 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

93% Para....!!...im shocked..!!

Good I had 89  so I'm not in as much danger as you are...

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 23 August 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

My cat has developed a taste for cicadas. They litter my back porch now. Half eaten, usually....
Luna eat those also ... but since she does it in the front yard I have no idea if she eats them entirely... and I'm not going to check either... However, her favorite food is shrimp... if I bring some home, she follows me to the fridge and meow until I give her one... but it has to be cooked to perfection (not over cooked) chilled and peeled.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#18    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

Para..youre a sod sir... :P

#19    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostBrianPotter, on 23 August 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Para..youre a sod sir... :P

What do you mean by "I'm grass"?

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6

#20    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

This is news ? My cats kept me alive when I was at my lowest .

Miss me?

#21    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:45 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 23 August 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

This is news ? My cats kept me alive when I was at my lowest .

Simbi the link I provided is a joke like with a joke test ......

République No.6

#22    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

Yes,I got that . The test doesn't load at my end,,so it wasn't quite as funny for me ,I do not think

Miss me?

#23    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostParacelse, on 23 August 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

What do you mean by "I'm grass"?

Ah..sorry Para.Its an English slang term like a g1t or sw1ne only a bit nicer..its not a bad term.. :)

#24    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

View PostBrianPotter, on 24 August 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

Ah..sorry Para.Its an English slang term like a g1t or sw1ne only a bit nicer..its not a bad term.. :)

I kind of figure it was some sort of Brit thing....

République No.6

#25    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

Awww Good Thing I Have 3 Of Them :)

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#26    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostNinhursag, on 24 August 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Awww Good Thing I Have 3 Of Them :)

Did you pass the test I posted :D ????

République No.6

#27    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,370 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

My new kitty lost his home because of the media hype going on about cats. Their loss is my gain. He is a nice cat and the dog loves him. Lugh is really the dog's cat.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#28    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,193 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

View PostParacelse, on 24 August 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Did you pass the test I posted :D ????
Well I took the test and got only 73% - I seriously can't imagine a home without a cat.  I brought the first kitten into my life in a plastic bag which I dragged along the pavement behind me at the wee age of 4 1/2 years from a friend's place (it was a different world then, even a 4 year old could visit neighbours alone lol).  Anyways, it survived the trip and after much screaming and hype that we weren't keeping it, it took over the household and became a great mouser and "snaker" - we had serious snake probs and it would sit on the fence till it saw one, pounce, kill it and leave the corpse on our doorstep.

Unfortunately, it got bit one time too many by the poisonous variety and passed on many years later.  Strangely, the next kitten showed up almost on schedule shortly after :whistle: and now many decades later, my brother, sister, parents, all have cats in our respective households - the general excuse of the old folk is "they keep the mice and bugs away" but I know better, my little kitty all those years ago changed us all permanently and irrevocably, there will always be time to pet a cat in our lives thanks to her.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#29    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,032 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

Don't get me wrong. I haven't met a cat I didn't like.

But the other day I was asked to help replace someone's roof. So I said okay. Once I was on the job they mentioned replacing some insulation in the attic. So I said okay.

What they didn't tell me was that about six generations of cats, USED IT FOR THEIR LITTERBOX! YUCK! I just got home from the job and purposely scalded myself in shower.

So this topic right now, I'm getting a kick out it. :)

#30    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

My cat is so weird... this morning she had her regular breakfast composed of 1/2 slice of cooked ham and 4 sour cream and onion rippled potato chips then went outside for her morning run, slept on the widow seal until noon.  I had chicken merguez for lunch, a North African kind of spicy sausage you grill Freedom Fries and tomato/buffalo mozzarella  and as usual Luna was seating next to my chair.  I gave her a piece of cheese and she gave an evil look, so cut a tiny piece of snausage and blew on it to chill it (she hates me when I give her hot food).  Now those snausages are normally made of lamb and are spicy, those were made of chicken but spicy nonetheless.  She took a sniff at it, play with it for a second or two, looked at me as to ask if I was kidding or something.
I played big guy and I ignored her... next thing you know, she eating the snausage and wanting more.  That tiny little 5 pound chunk of a cat (she almost 4 years old but refuses to grow despite the good stuff I feed her with) ate almost 1/3 of the snausage...darn her.. I had hardly any food for myself... sniff. but she was happy.

République No.6

Also tagged with cats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users