Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Dark times in Cyprus, are we next?


  • Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#106    acidhead

acidhead

    Were Not Your Slaves!

  • Member
  • 10,570 posts
  • Joined:13 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Victoria, BC CANADA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

Nobody like a thief.  They rank up there with murderers and child molesters.  In this case the German GOV is using the EU to rape accounts of people with zero debt.  They may as well use an axe or a 9mm because it equates to the same thing.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#107    acidhead

acidhead

    Were Not Your Slaves!

  • Member
  • 10,570 posts
  • Joined:13 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Victoria, BC CANADA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

View PostRender, on 26 March 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

Your not protecting anyone by doing that you're only enlargin the problem. Or : how to screw the younger generation twice

Love your apathy.  Lay down and take it because everybody else you know is taking it too.  You're a good slave.

What you need to know is that nothing has changed.  All that is happening is more of the same.  Taking from the poor and middle class and giving it to the rich.  The problem is only being papered over with debased money to cover debt that wasn't the result of 100% of the population.  People must learn from their mistakes.  Bailing out those who are raping everybody sends the wrong message.  For now the economy is still supposed to be a free market capitalistic system but everytime the money changers get bailed out it screws individual liberty.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#108    Render

Render

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Joined:23 Nov 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

View Postacidhead, on 27 March 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

Love your apathy.  Lay down and take it because everybody else you know is taking it too.  You're a good slave.

What you need to know is that nothing has changed.  All that is happening is more of the same.  Taking from the poor and middle class and giving it to the rich.  The problem is only being papered over with debased money to cover debt that wasn't the result of 100% of the population.  People must learn from their mistakes.  Bailing out those who are raping everybody sends the wrong message.  For now the economy is still supposed to be a free market capitalistic system but everytime the money changers get bailed out it screws individual liberty.

Ah ok, so when you made mistakes as a child your parents taught you to defy your punishment to rectify your behaviour.
Great upbringing :tu:


#109    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 14,398 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

I know why EU has chosen this tack -- much of the money in those accounts above normal-people amounts (which will be exempt) is Russian, and, not just Russian but Russian criminal organizations.  Cyprus has been a money haven for these types, and the EU doesn't like it (I'm a bit disturbed that the Russian authorities seem to like it -- says something about the Russian authorities).

Still, people need to be able to trust banks.  If you can't excess cash goes into the mattresses, where it does no one any good, and economies grind to depression levels.


#110    Render

Render

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Joined:23 Nov 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

a 100 000 euroos is a lot of money. Even for the elderly, having a 100 000 in the bank is quite an achievement. I don't agree with touching the population their savings, but it wasn't the EU their intent to do so, the EU wants to go after the Russian and other foreign money, that basically exploited the Cyprus banking system and economy.


What Mr Merton says above me is correct. Cyprus their banking system relied on Russian money, mostly criminally obtained money. This wasn't a good supportable system, obviously. And Germany or Merkel didn't create that system. If they wanna blame someone, they should blame Russia and other foreigners for exploiting them to such a high degree. And the Cypriotic politicans for letting it get to this point.


#111    preacherman76

preacherman76

    Humble Servent

  • Member
  • 10,915 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Parts Unknown

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostRender, on 26 March 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Yeah, that would be supersmart. Taking all the money out of the banks so there will definitely be a collapse. Then everyone will be RICH.

Who comes up with these stupid one liners? Cmon...

They stole money from private bank accounts. Collapse is inevitable. The only thing now left to decide is to wether or not to take your money out while it can still buy you something. The entire banking industry is based on trust. That trust has been removed

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#112    Render

Render

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Joined:23 Nov 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

The trust in banks has been removed a long time ago thanks to the crisis, that started in America.

The European bank system consists of creating stronger banks that have more reserves of capital, in case anything else goes wrong in the future, so the rest of the population ( mainly the younger generation) doesn't get screwed again.
That's the opposite of collapse. You're just a doomthinker who can't wait for something sensational to go down, very sad.

Edited by Render, 27 March 2013 - 09:59 AM.


#113    preacherman76

preacherman76

    Humble Servent

  • Member
  • 10,915 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Parts Unknown

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostRender, on 27 March 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

a 100 000 euroos is a lot of money. Even for the elderly, having a 100 000 in the bank is quite an achievement. I don't agree with touching the population their savings, but it wasn't the EU their intent to do so, the EU wants to go after the Russian and other foreign money, that basically exploited the Cyprus banking system and economy.


What Mr Merton says above me is correct. Cyprus their banking system relied on Russian money, mostly criminally obtained money. This wasn't a good supportable system, obviously. And Germany or Merkel didn't create that system. If they wanna blame someone, they should blame Russia and other foreigners for exploiting them to such a high degree. And the Cypriotic politicans for letting it get to this point.

It doesnt matter who's money is in those banks. The bottom line is these banks are just as criminal as any Russian moffia, and are taking peoples savings to make up for thier own gammbling debt.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#114    Render

Render

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Joined:23 Nov 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 27 March 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

It doesnt matter who's money is in those banks. The bottom line is these banks are just as criminal as any Russian moffia, and are taking peoples savings to make up for thier own gammbling debt.

Yes, and that's Cyprus their problem.
What do you expect, that the EU should just give 10 billion without demands? 10 billion it raised with money of the countries within the EU.

Cyprus needs to fix it's banking system and needs to put in some effort ... otherwise no 10 billion.


#115    preacherman76

preacherman76

    Humble Servent

  • Member
  • 10,915 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Parts Unknown

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

View PostRender, on 27 March 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

The trust in banks has been removed a long time ago thanks to the crisis, that started in America.

Trust took a hit back then. Its dead now.

Quote


The European bank system consists of creating stronger banks that have more reserves of capital, in case anything else goes wrong in the future, so the rest of the population ( mainly the younger generation) doesn't get screwed again.
That's the opposite of collapse. You're just a doomthinker who can't wait for something sensational to go down, very sad.

Just cause I see things for what they are doesnt in anyway mean Im looking forward to it. Why on earth would anyone? The European bank is run by IMF and federal reserve criminals. How much more do you need to see before you wake up to that fact? How many more trillions have to be dumped into a black hole before you realize this whole thing is intentional?

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#116    danielost

danielost

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 30,332 posts
  • Joined:26 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:the only known inhabited planet in the universe

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostRender, on 27 March 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

a 100 000 euroos is a lot of money. Even for the elderly, having a 100 000 in the bank is quite an achievement. I don't agree with touching the population their savings, but it wasn't the EU their intent to do so, the EU wants to go after the Russian and other foreign money, that basically exploited the Cyprus banking system and economy.


What Mr Merton says above me is correct. Cyprus their banking system relied on Russian money, mostly criminally obtained money. This wasn't a good supportable system, obviously. And Germany or Merkel didn't create that system. If they wanna blame someone, they should blame Russia and other foreigners for exploiting them to such a high degree. And the Cypriotic politicans for letting it get to this point.

If all they were after was the mob money they could have taken that on a legal footing.  But, instead they take everyones money.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#117    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,129 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Royston Vasey

  • “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostRender, on 27 March 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

The trust in banks has been removed a long time ago thanks to the crisis, that started in America.

The European bank system consists of creating stronger banks that have more reserves of capital, in case anything else goes wrong in the future, so the rest of the population ( mainly the younger generation) doesn't get screwed again.
That's the opposite of collapse. You're just a doomthinker who can't wait for something sensational to go down, very sad.

And you it would seem are trying to justify theft on a grand scale.

Tell me, If you lived in cyprus & you had just retired after working all your life & you had a pension pot of say 100,000euros in the bank  & government (with the backing of the E.U.) told you 'we're going to have 40% of that, thankyou very much' you'd be quite happy to let them get away with that would you?

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 27 March 2013 - 12:10 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#118    stevewinn

stevewinn

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 8,775 posts
  • Joined:05 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Liverpool, England

  • Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostRender, on 27 March 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

Yes, and that's Cyprus their problem.
What do you expect, that the EU should just give 10 billion without demands? 10 billion it raised with money of the countries within the EU.

Cyprus needs to fix it's banking system and needs to put in some effort ... otherwise no 10 billion.

the EU was fully aware of the Cypriot/Greek banking system before they allowed them to join. so why not give them the £10billion. the EU cannot have it both ways as they are finding out. do you know once they receive this latest bailout, it doesnt mean the problem is over. far from it it just makes matters worse. banking reform is not going to work. because look at what is about to happen, a run on the banks is inevitable -  the Cypriot economy relies heavily on the financial sector, it accounts for more than 60% of their economy - capital flight will happen once the banks open. those Russians will end up putting their money in either Latvia or London. making the banking sector in Cyprus even worse.

Edited by stevewinn, 27 March 2013 - 12:30 PM.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#119    shaddow134

shaddow134

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • Joined:25 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern Ontario

  • "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 27 March 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

the EU was fully aware of the Cypriot/Greek banking system before they allowed them to join. so why not give them the £10billion. the EU cannot have it both ways as they are finding out. do you know once they receive this latest bailout, it doesnt mean the problem is over. far from it it just makes matters worse. banking reform is not going to work. because look at what is about to happen, a run on the banks is inevitable -  the Cypriot economy relies heavily on the financial sector, it accounts for more than 60% of their economy - capital flight will happen once the banks open. those Russians will end up putting their money in either Latvia or London. making the banking sector in Cyprus even worse.

I agree,when the banks reopen there is a big chance that there will be a run on the banking system in Cyprus, and quite frankly you can't blame anyone protecting their savings from theft on a very grand scale.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#120    Render

Render

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Joined:23 Nov 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 27 March 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

How many more trillions have to be dumped into a black hole before you realize this whole thing is intentional?

That's what you make of it, doesn't make it true.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users