Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

White Flight from London

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 February 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

I am only a mere woman
i'm not sure anyone here would describe you as a 'mere' woman, my dear.....
:-)

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#17    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostCoffey, on 21 February 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

To me Britian shows how different culures, races, religions etc CAN live together and can be peaceful. This is a good thing.

yes, agreed, but not in minor communities. I lived in an area where people did live together, personally i never had a problem with the black people, apart from the odd stabbings on the street between a couple of black gangs. (only 1 ever died, the rest were scarred) but not the best place to bring up your child.
Even the blacks were getting fed up with it.
In high immigrant areas there is racism, not from the whites, thats because the whites are the minority.
I faced racism in my area, but this came from the "new" influx of immigrants, and the main problem were the muslims. But trust me, the blacks hated them more than anyone and visa versa.
But I do know that this is not the case all over, it really seems to be the case in inner cities....i blame the councils meself!

A short story: the old peoples home was closed to make room for an asylum home. There was a young  Jamaican man who was to say the least, trouble, the council decided to put a security guard there (yep, not move the man out but move a security man in instead) the security guard was African. I told the guy from the council that just because the new guard was black, did not mean anything. the poor guy only lasted 3 days because of the barrage of racial abuse and threats he received from the west indians.

Edited by freetoroam, 21 February 2013 - 06:32 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#18    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

View Postshrooma, on 21 February 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

i'm not sure anyone here would describe you as a 'mere' woman, my dear.....
:-)

come again?
Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#19    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,054 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 February 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

Safety in their daily lives can be found in many places in the UK. Each country has its ghetto, its wise not to live there if you want safety for your family.

But going to others countries to start your own business and a better life is exactly what many immigrants are coming here to do......so why are the immigrants coming here for that and yet the English man is leaving because you say its what they can not do??

TAX I tell ya! TAX.  The rich are better of going to other countries. AND just like in other countries, the poor stay behind. Unless you really do love this country like I do and will not leave.

If we went to war, I would fight for this country!... ok, I am only a mere woman who does not like guns, but would do my bit and not run.

There are not many major connurbations in the UK that I feel entirely safe in.

Where I now live the UK Expats (along with the Dutch and German Expats) have been complaining about the deteriorating safety in Benidorm and we have got a new Police Commissioner who has put Bobbies on the Beat (armed as is normal) and now the Roma are leaving in droves, to get the better benefits offerd in the UK.

Starting a business here costs just 7 euros (as an autonomo) do you know much it costs to do the same in the UK and all the red tape, because I do?? ...and I would suggest that most Brit Expats do not come to Spain to live on Spanish Benefits or to lead a life of Crime (some do of course, but most bring a valuable Work Ethic with them), but to enjoy a more relaxed life on the Med Coast

In answer to you, I suggest that the Roma and Bulgarians are going to the UK to get Money for doing absolutely nothing and topping it up with ill - gotten gains

It has absolutely nothing to do with Tax, NADA! It has nothing to do with the "Rich", it is the average "working man and woman" who come here to find a better quality of life, to start a business they could only dream of starting in the UK

#20    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

It doesn't 'bother' me but I can understand it. Last time I went there i couldn't wait to leave. Why anyone would want to live there is a complete mystery to me.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#21    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 February 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

yes, agreed, but not in minor communities. I lived in an area where people did live together, personally i never had a problem with the black people, apart from the odd stabbings on the street between a couple of black gangs. (only 1 ever died, the rest were scarred) but not the best place to bring up your child.
Even the blacks were getting fed up with it.
In high immigrant areas there is racism, not from the whites, thats because the whites are the minority.
I faced racism in my area, but this came from the "new" influx of immigrants, and the main problem were the muslims. But trust me, the blacks hated them more than anyone and visa versa.
But I do know that this is not the case all over, it really seems to be the case in inner cities....i blame the councils meself!

A short story: the old peoples home was closed to make room for an asylum home. There was a young  Jamaican man who was to say the least, trouble, the council decided to put a security guard there (yep, not move the man out but move a security man in instead) the security guard was African. I told the guy from the council that just because the new guard was black, did not mean anything. the poor guy only lasted 3 days because of the barrage of racial abuse and threats he received from the west indians.

I see what you mean, my mum went to a school where she was aprt of the minority of white children in a mostly black school. She was severely bullied.

As you said the councils do not help, thye should try and mix everyone as much as possible. Instead we have "communities" or pockets of different groups of people in different areas which causes gang rivalry etc. If thye where all mixed people wouldn't grow up with such hate or ingorance of other races.

Edited by Coffey, 21 February 2013 - 07:25 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#22    TSS

TSS

Observer

• 5,674 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 21 February 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Where I now live the UK Expats (along with the Dutch and German Expats) have been complaining about the deteriorating safety in Benidorm and we have got a new Police Commissioner who has put Bobbies on the Beat (armed as is normal) and now the Roma are leaving in droves, to get the better benefits offerd in the UK.

Starting a business here costs just 7 euros (as an autonomo) do you know much it costs to do the same in the UK and all the red tape, because I do?? ...and I would suggest that most Brit Expats do not come to Spain to live on Spanish Benefits or to lead a life of Crime (some do of course, but most bring a valuable Work Ethic with them), but to enjoy a more relaxed life on the Med Coast

In answer to you, I suggest that the Roma and Bulgarians are going to the UK to get Money for doing absolutely nothing and topping it up with ill - gotten gains

It has absolutely nothing to do with Tax, NADA! It has nothing to do with the "Rich", it is the average "working man and woman" who come here to find a better quality of life, to start a business they could only dream of starting in the UK

I'll be interested to hear what you mean by that - since my experience is completely different.

I started a small transport delivery company 2 yrs back, it cost me nothing to start in terms of money to red tape. I have a small independant record label, again, nothing to start. I do some production on the side too, again, nothing to start up - you say it's 7euros to start a business abroad, what should I have paid here then?

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#23    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 21 February 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

I can understand the ex-pats going to Spain for the sun, but as you say , they go there with money and not to scrounge. But that is not to say they are the rich.
But starting a business here is not as hard as you are making out.

It is common knowledge that the rich are taking their businesses abroad, with the new taxes enforced on them.

"it is the average "working man and woman" who come here to find a better quality of life, to start a business they could only dream of starting in the UK"  
So I ask again, why is the immigrant coming here to do exactly this in England if the English man can not do it?

#24    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

==========================================================================

yep, and the rest! We still have this lot to come yet.

#25    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,500 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

There's a different slant on this 'news' here....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21511904

Snippet:
"The movement of the white British is often characterised as white flight - the indigenous population forced out of their neighbourhoods by foreign migrants. That may be part of the story, but I think the evidence suggests it is also about working class aspiration and economic success.

Trying to track internal migrants is never easy. Just because the population of one place has fallen and another has risen does not mean residents moved between them. But there are some clues as to where London's white British migrated to between the censuses of 2001 and 2011.
While the capital's white British population fell by 620,000, the white British population in the rest of England and Wales increased by 220,000. (The overall fall of 400,000 is explained by a low birth rate and emigration.)"

#26    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

The article is about London, and I will hold my hands up that i am one of those who have left the capital for a better way of life, but in England and not abroad.
The reason is because we had become the minority. The immigrants are breeding far more than we are, you just need to go to one of the London hospitals or inner city schools to see that, you do not need stats.

Our annual holiday was always the Isle of Sheppey or Camber Sands. No wonder so many wanted to go to Spain when they got the chance for the sun. :cry:

Edited by freetoroam, 21 February 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#27    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 February 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

The article is about London, and I will hold my hands up that i am one of those who have left the capital for a better way of life, but in England and not abroad.
The reason is because we had become the minority. The immigrants are breeding far more than we are, you just need to go to one of the London hospitals or inner city schools to see that, you do not need stats.

Our annual holiday was always the Isle of Sheppey or Camber Sands. No wonder so many wanted to go to Spain when they got the chance for the sun. :cry:

Yes, isn't it about time the authorities changed the name from 'The National Health Service' to 'The International Health Service'?

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#28    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 21 February 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

Yes, isn't it about time the authorities changed the name from 'The National Health Service' to 'The International Health Service'?

have you been reading my husbands post on an old forum? haha, that is exactly what he has said many a time.

#29    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 February 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

have you been reading my husbands post on an old forum? haha, that is exactly what he has said many a time.

I may well have done, :yes:. By the way, have you ever wondered when watching one of those London hospital 'fly on the wall' documentaries why so many of the people walking around in the background request to have their faces blurred out?

― Groucho Marx

#30    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 21 February 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Possibly a little over-melodramatic. Besides, what's so special about "White" people?

Well, besides cultural and biological differences, they are reproducing below replacement rate. Caucasians are an endangered sub-species. As an environmentalist I recognize the importance of biodiversity.

There haven't been any pure bred Anglo-Saxons for a good while.

The anthropological term Caucasian is more encompassing and useful than white, especially since skin colour is the least useful trait in discerning race. And to preempt the usual cry of "there's no such thing as race" here's the anthropological science.

Allt his nonsense about "british culture under threat"; how much of that do we actually have to owe to people who were or were descended from immigrants themselves?

That's a non sequitur.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users