Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My sword collections

Hotoke

post your art collections here. I am curious to see what collection you guys have

[attachmentid=12076]

[attachmentid=12077]

[attachmentid=12078]

[attachmentid=12079]

[attachmentid=12080]

post-11740-1109116474.jpg

post-11740-1109116486.jpg

post-11740-1109116509.jpg

post-11740-1109116527.jpg

post-11740-1109116539.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hotoke

• Boff

• Shivel

• BurnSide

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have all those?

Must have cost a fortune. The Sword of Darkness alone costs like 300 American.

I know. I was tempted with swordsonline.com several times, their prices are cheaper than the actual booths in the malls around here.

I've been very tempted with buying Narsil from LotR actually.

the lotr swords are awesome and very expensive

cheapest price i have seen is 250 euro

another 2 months of working for me

[attachmentid=12081]

post-11740-1109117944.jpg

Edited by Hotoke

crying.gif *sniff* These...it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen... *sniff* crying.gif

that looks like an functional sabre. from the army? One from the US navy costs 200 or something like that

497523[/snapback]

I honestly dont kno wher the sabre is from. I want to find out tho. I know the Bayonet is 1907 pattern British. And has Australia carved in the handle.

that is cool, that is museum material, you could get rich i think

i hate katana''s for some reason

Edited by Hotoke

I like Japanese officers Katanas from WW2, but there very expensive. They usally go for around 1k USD on Ebay.

Oh well...one day..

Ohh swords..finally something i know about. tongue.gif

Although the stainless steal swords are beautiful..i go for more of a stronger metal over beauty.

The stainless steal swords that you have Hotoke range from 420-440 J2 which means that the metal is very weak but it shines beautifully. My sword (i have a few but this is my favorite) is 1050 J2, which means its stronger but its luster isnt as great as the lesser metal.

(The picture is too big so you'll have to click the link)

http://www.knightsedge.com/swords/reverse-...sword-2044g.jpg

^^ Its a Reverse Blade sword...I love it because of how different the blade is and also how inexpensive it is. Katanas are my favorite swords of all..ive always been fascinated by the japanese history and culture.

And for all you Kension fans out there..no i didnt get the sword because of the show..i actually found out about the show 2 months after i purchased the sword. But i gotta say, having a guy on a show use this kind of sword makes it even cooler. tongue.gif

reverse blade katana eh? i was planning one ordering one.

And for all you Kension fans out there..no i didnt get the sword because of the show

my reason was that

how much was it? if i remember correctly it was very expensive because it is functional right

how much was it? if i remember correctly it was very expensive because it is functional right

Not expensive at all..probably less than your swords. It was exactly $186 and yes it is functional.

I don't have a camera or scanner, but I'll use the pictures from swordsonline.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I have another knife, but I cannot find a picture of it. I plan on getting a katana in the future, but not a cheap one, fully functional grin2.gif

user posted image

Three sword katana set from "Stuff" in Glasgow: £49.99 original.gif or was it 59.99, I honestly can't remember...

user posted image

The reason this picture is sideon is because I don't have enough hands to hold the sword, hold the camera, and click the mouse...the camera was held in my mouth instead tongue.gif Which is probably not good, since it's not my camera huh.gif

Edited by Seraphina

Could you cut through a baseball is someone through one at you?

Yes if i was facing the person..ive only been practicing with my katana for a short while so im not nearly an expert or anything...and i dont plain to become one (too time consuming with no real reason to become an expert)

Oh thats right..i also have a dagger laugh.gif almost forgot about it.

Its not a Tanto or anything which you would probably expect..but its still cool. yes.gif

user posted image

(yes it is stainless steel)

And Hotoke that video wouldnt work for me.. hmm.gif

Edited by JayMan895

Yea i would hate that too..its pretty obvious you just like collecting them..do they think your going to kill someone or something? Luckily that hasnt happened to me yet, mostly because my friends already know that im into martial arts..so they dont even think twice about why i would have some weapons in my room.

By the way Seraphina, very nice looking swords thumbsup.gif the second picture actually looks like a functional sword to me..very hard to tell though..

Edited by JayMan895

Probably would be functional if I sharpened it (the blade is fairly high quality, not like the overgrown butter knives you usually find in novelty shops), but it's fairly blunt as is...you could probably cut yourself on the edge if you tried really hard, and I definately wouldn't want to drop it point first on my foot, but it's not exactly razor sharp tongue.gif

Haha, I love this:

"you could probably cut yourself on the edge if you tried really hard"

As if to prove a point, lol. "See! I told you I could!"