Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astronomy and Astrology

MysticOnion

A friend of mine is using a freeware internet software for Astrology to tell where the planets will be located at any given time. Somehow I disagree - surely Astronomy and Astrology are two entirely different things and an astrology chart far different from the actual positions of planets or star charts? Anyone have any real info on that?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thefinalfrontier

• MysticOnion

• Admiral Danger

• schizoidwoman

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one HUGE difference between astrology and astronomy, You see astronomy is real science where as astrology is all make believe and not scence at all, Astronomy is where you will discover where the planets are, astrology has nothing to do with it,

Edited by thefinalfrontier

There is one HUGE difference between astrology and astronomy, You see astronomy is real science where as astrology is all make believe and not scence at all, Astronomy is where you will discover where the planets are, astrology has nothing to do with it,

Hmm thats what I thought - thanks for that. Can you or anyone tell me about those horoscope charts versus a real star chart? I just want to be certain before I get back to my friend that astrology charts aren't half way as accurate in telling us where the planets are located.

Thanks.

Hmm thats what I thought - thanks for that. Can you or anyone tell me about those horoscope charts versus a real star chart? I just want to be certain before I get back to my friend that astrology charts aren't half way as accurate in telling us where the planets are located.

Thanks.

To be honest with you I think you would be far better off asking this question in this area Click Here rather than in this science section, You most likely would get more info on your question there;

Edited by thefinalfrontier

isnt astrology all the stuff about constellations and star signs ?

Thanks.

I think the two charts are completely different and as far as I know, you couldn't use an astrology chart to plot positions of planets etc just as you couldn't use an astronomy chart to draw up a horoscope, should you be that way inclined!

I think the two charts are completely different and as far as I know, you couldn't use an astrology chart to plot positions of planets etc just as you couldn't use an astronomy chart to draw up a horoscope, should you be that way inclined!

Thanks for that sw,

I hope Oriana understands the difference between the two, Astrology is to do with horoscopes and astronomy is the study of celestial bodys in the solar system as well as the universe,, I agree that planet positions in astronomy as they change coordinence each day whereas the planet positions for astrology is different, I have never studied astrology so I know very little about it but i do know its not astronomy, Anyways ill do some looking for oriana and see what I can find for her/him,

Heres one link; for you oriana,

Heres another link;

as well as the search results for free astrology planets and reports link;

Hope that helps,,

Regards;

TFF