Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

personality traits of demons

dorto

im wondering in general, hypothetically

what are the personality traits of demons, does each demon vary in personality type, is there some personality trait they all have in common. name them

also how do they behave, how skilled are they and in what and what are their purposes. are there some stronger ones and some weeker ones. what makes some strong and some week.

how much do they know about humans, do they hate humans.. why do they hate us and hate godly things.

what are their skills, strengths.. weeknesses. what do they cause, how tricky are they. what have they done to people.

how do they view humans

also has anyone here been in contact with a demon or posessed person/. what is your experience, also has anyone here learned demonology or any stories on it, any positive stories with happy endings or battles with demons? excorcism etc? anyone here have a first hand account of how a demon acts during an excorcism, what it said?

anyone here had a firsthand experience with a demon? or knew of anyone with a demon encounter

anyone here trained or knowledged in demonology

all hypothetical, has nothing to do with me or anyone i know of, just wondering and curious about it

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• Lolipopkid

• CausticGnostic

• Set the Fallen

'Demons' are not so much a specific creature as a diverse collection of vaguely 'bad' spirits from various mythologies with a few shared characteristics. As such, opinions will obviously differ a lot as to the extent of which a demon is 'evil'. I do happen to know that various "Christian" -(used as a loose term here)- Goetic demons -(as in the Lesser Key of Solomon)- are described as having 'good' natures. Some 'demons' of other religions -(Principally Eastern)- are depicted more of a trickster than a monster.

You want to psychoanalyze non-existent mythological entities?!

How . . . idiosyncratic.

How . . . idiosyncratic.

Hmm athiest much?

How . . . idiosyncratic.

When they call you an evil spawn of Satan and cast you out in the name of Jesus Christ...how does that make you feel?

Hmm athiest much?

hmmm, assume without proper knowledge much?

how do you know theyre an atheist?

when you assume, you make an a$$ out of you and me.

there are religious people who Dont believe in Demons or the Devil. sooo, what does being an athiest have to do with this?

what are the personality traits of demons, does each demon vary in personality type, is there some personality trait they all have in common. name them

also how do they behave, how skilled are they and in what and what are their purposes. are there some stronger ones and some weeker ones. what makes some strong and some week.

how much do they know about humans, do they hate humans.. why do they hate us and hate godly things.

what are their skills, strengths.. weeknesses. what do they cause, how tricky are they. what have they done to people.

how do they view humans

also has anyone here been in contact with a demon or posessed person/. what is your experience, also has anyone here learned demonology or any stories on it, any positive stories with happy endings or battles with demons? excorcism etc? anyone here have a first hand account of how a demon acts during an excorcism, what it said?

anyone here had a firsthand experience with a demon? or knew of anyone with a demon encounter

all hypothetical, has nothing to do with me or anyone i know of, just wondering and curious about it

There are no demons

Thus there are no traits

Easy . . . .

I think for those who are religious and do believe in demons- they should not focus their energy on trying to understand the personalities of demons. They should focus on avoiding demons together. One doesn't need advanced knowledge of a demon's psyche in order to defeat it. They just need faith.

If you have no religious beliefs and you believe in demons- by all means, psycho-analyze until your heart's content.

(Just my opinion)

There are no demons

Thus there are no traits

Easy . . . .

well, like i said above, there are traits in the sense that theyre made up, so people give them traits as theyre concocting these ideas, like a child playing with their pokemon.

but that is all.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

how do they view humans

Personality traits? Well... if one have to be specific it would have to be bad breath and short temper when it comes to insults and their overly high "thoughts" about oneself (though some are higher than than they themselves describe). Beside that they are all free to think what they wish and does whatever they wish. ^_^

The strongest ones are able to behave and somewhat control themselves and destroy the weak without lifting a finger... what makes the strong stronger than the weak is to be able to eat the weak.

When it comes to humans, demons really detest most of them because they know to much about them, though some humans actually are thought somewhat higher of than most of the "junk". They hate humans because humans are selfish creatures that only think about their own selfish needs and "godly" things is what every demon would refer to as fake and full of lies (what else would make a demon hate both?).

When it comes to skills, strengths and weaknesses of demons, that it highly different from demon to demon, depending on how weak or strong it is.

The rest is old story, though I know someone who is possessed.

Personality traits? Well... if one have to be specific it would have to be bad breath and short temper when it comes to insults and their overly high "thoughts" about oneself (though some are higher than than they themselves describe). Beside that they are all free to think what they wish and does whatever they wish. ^_^

The strongest ones are able to behave and somewhat control themselves and destroy the weak without lifting a finger... what makes the strong stronger than the weak is to be able to eat the weak.

When it comes to humans, demons really detest most of them because they know to much about them, though some humans actually are thought somewhat higher of than most of the "junk". They hate humans because humans are selfish creatures that only think about their own selfish needs and "godly" things is what every demon would refer to as fake and full of lies (what else would make a demon hate both?).

When it comes to skills, strengths and weaknesses of demons, that it highly different from demon to demon, depending on how weak or strong it is.

The rest is old story, though I know someone who is possessed.

Set used to be a demon.

She would be the highest authority on the subject, IMO.

Set used to be a demon.

She would be the highest authority on the subject, IMO.

I can't really tell anyone about that though, it seems the moods don't like the tale of past life. ^_^

I once read a book called, "Satan: his Psychotherapy and Cure by the Unfortunate (don't remember the name) JSPS (just some poor shmuck)." I don't remember much about his personality problems, but there was some really weird sex scenes in it.

I once read a book called, "Satan: his Psychotherapy and Cure by the Unfortunate (don't remember the name) JSPS (just some poor shmuck)." I don't remember much about his personality problems, but there was some really weird sex scenes in it.

thats my kinda book.

Hmm athiest much?

If you're going to address me instead of the OP, Jessem, then I'd prefer that you write grammatically. Unlike some of the people here at UM, I do not claim to possess psychic powers, and your meaning is unclear. I believe that the sentence you attempted to construct should have been written and punctuated thus: "Hmm, atheist much?"

Ignoring the fact that it's a fragment rather than a complete sentence, I noticed that of the three terms which you threw together, one was an improperly punctuated interjection and another was misspelled. Or perhaps you intended to write "athiest" and were coining the superlative form of a non-existent adjective, "athy" or possibly "athie." Since I can find no definitions for "athy," "athie," "athier," or "athiest" in my dictionary, I have no idea what the meaning is of the strange, modified and inverted adjectival phrase "athiest much." Consequently, I've assumed that, despite what you actually wrote (and wrote ungrammatically), you intended to write "atheist," a common term which refers to a person who does not believe in God or gods (and which I mistakenly thought that any person could spell correctly without recourse to a dictionary).

So, in reply to the subliterate comment that you aimed at me, I am not an atheist. In the absence of any persuasive evidence for or against the existence of God or gods, I neither believe nor disbelieve in such hypothetical entities. As hypothetical entities, their existence is not logically required. The same holds true for other hypothetical entities such as "angels" and "demons." Properly speaking, this philosophical stance is called "agnosticism," not "atheism." This philosophical position often results from the intellectual attitude called "skepticism." It ought to be pointed out, however, that, logically, the burden of proof is always on those who claim that something exists, because it's impossible to prove a negative. But in the absence of such proof, not believing in a problematic postulated entity is the more parsimonious attitude.

Show me God, or a god, or an angel or demon--just one!--and then, after examining it for myself, I'll gladly concede that whichever of those entities you produced actually exists. Until then, I'll maintain my skeptical attitude and my agnostic stance toward all metaphysical entities. I regard this attitude and this stance as the chief benefits of rationality and empiricism, on which the modern world-view is founded.

Others, of course, are free to prostitute their intellects however they damned well please and can populate their indiscriminate world-views with as many imaginary "beings" as they wish. That doesn't mean that I will withhold my views about them.

In the future, Jessem, if you wish to communicate with me, please spend a few additional moments proofreading your messages. Not only am I not psychic and, therefore, incapable of magically divining your meaning, I resent having to do most of your work for you and guess at it.

I'll be patiently waiting for you to deliver for examination a live specimen of one or more of the aforesaid hypothetical entities.

When they call you an evil spawn of Satan and cast you out in the name of Jesus Christ...how does that make you feel?

I prefer primal-scream therapy, along with a strenuous bout of gratuitous violence and destruction. It purges one's repressions wonderfully. Freudian psychoanalysis would only end up blaming a demon's "polymorphous perversity" on its mother--presumably Lillith, who I think has been maligned sufficiently. Nonetheless, there does seem to be a demonic Oedipal complex active in these metaphysical fictions. But perhaps, instead, a Jungian analysis of archetypes would more efficiently lay bare the nature of this persistent delusion.

how do they view humans

Interesting topic. I suppose if one were to personify demons, then any combination of human characteristics you can come up with would suffice. If you're looking for more of a history and geneology of sorts, then the best things would be to consult the religion and metaphysical section of you local bookstore. People have literally written series of books dedicated to the subject. Good luck in your search.

Noise.

Interesting topic. I suppose if one were to personify demons, then any combination of human characteristics you can come up with would suffice. If you're looking for more of a history and geneology of sorts, then the best things would be to consult the religion and metaphysical section of you local bookstore. People have literally written series of books dedicated to the subject. Good luck in your search.

Noise.

Yeah that's what I would suggest too. If your looking to learn about the origins of certain beliefs, terms of demons and their behavior, various books concerning religion and perhaps even the occult? Maybe that would be the way to go...

Edited by Moon Minion

Oh dear.