Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's first playground swing?

Still Waters

It was built in a time of innocence, when children were allowed to be children and health and safety officials were nowhere to be seen.

These incredible pictures which have been discovered by historians show what is believed to be the world’s first playground swing.

It was built 90 years ago and shows children swinging enormous heights off the ground, with no safety surface underneath should they fall.

http://www.dailymail...lth-safety.html

• Like 1

The good old days before the internet. Where people actually socialized face to face, a small town actually had people walking on the sidewalks, and guys actually had the balls to ask a girl out face to face rather than finding them on Facebook.

I wish the internet would crash... but damn I'm 25 and I would still ride that super high swing!! He's like 20+ feet up there!

Edited by CRYSiiSx2
  • Like 2

The good old days before the internet. Where people actually socialized face to face, a small town actually had people walking on the sidewalks, and guys actually had the balls to ask a girl out face to face rather than finding them on Facebook.

I wish the internet would crash... but damn I'm 25 and I would still ride that super high swing!! He's like 20+ feet up there!

Same! I love swings. I went to the park last week and stayed there until my legs were exhausted. :D Good times.

• Like 1

The internet :

"It's serious business" some would say.

Oh that swing looks like fun. Wish I could find one like that now. Boy could I go high in that. Maybe even throw up after I got off.

Actually I have the frame of an old swing set that use to belong to this one room school about 80 years ago.

Looks like fun! You know what I miss? Merry go rounds at the playgrounds. I think they've pretty much gone extinct now. (at least here)