Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mr. Robot

Merc14

Who is watching this show and all I can say after tonight's episode is WTF?? and HS!

Hi Merc,

Yes I have been watching it, haven't seen tonight episode yet so I will have to report back tomorrow.

As for the show itself, was a little slow to start but it has got me hooked now :-* .

Ive been digging it. Picked it up a bit late, but looking forward to watching the new episode tomorrow.

Who is watching this show and all I can say after tonight's episode is WTF?? and HS!

I've been watching since the pilot was released a month early. It's an incredible show. One of the best I've seen and definitely the best on TV right now, along with Ray Donovan.

I'm just about to watch the latest episode (as soon as I click 'post'), so I'm looking forward to finding out what you are referring to in the OP. Be back soon!

I've been watching since the pilot was released a month early. It's an incredible show. One of the best I've seen and definitely the best on TV right now, along with Ray Donovan.

I'm just about to watch the latest episode (as soon as I click 'post'), so I'm looking forward to finding out what you are referring to in the OP. Be back soon!

We can use Spoiler Tags to hide the conversation if need be.

We can use Spoiler Tags to hide the conversation if need be.

Holy crap.

That was a great episode. I think most people saw the reveal coming - at least the last reveal - but it's still quite a trip when you realise how crazy Eliot is. His sister doesn't seem to also be a part of his imagination though, but can you imagine forgetting your own sibling? This show intrigues me so much. I just have no idea where it's going, and it doesn't conform to any of the usual tropes that are seen on TV. Unique isn't a word that would throw around with any TV show, but this truly is a one-of-a-kind show

Holy crap.

That was a great episode. I think most people saw the reveal coming - at least the last reveal - but it's still quite a trip when you realise how crazy Eliot is. His sister doesn't seem to also be a part of his imagination though, but can you imagine forgetting your own sibling? This show intrigues me so much. I just have no idea where it's going, and it doesn't conform to any of the usual tropes that are seen on TV. Unique isn't a word that would throw around with any TV show, but this truly is a one-of-a-kind show

I missed last week's episode because of travel so not sure what was revealed there but I had no idea you know who was his Dad and what's her face was his sister! My mouth was hanging open and then I was LMAO.

I agree it is like nothing else on TV and is must-see for me. The creator of the show is definitely on his own track and not listening to anyone else. Rami Malek did an hour long podcast interview with Andy Greenwald on Grantland that is well worth your time if you are a fan. He leaves no doubt whose vision this show is and how the set operates. I think this is a good link http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/the-andy-greenwald-podcast-rami-malek-of-mr-robot-on-the-first-season-and-whats-to-come/ If not it is now on Youtube as well.

• Like 1

I missed last week's episode because of travel so not sure what was revealed there but I had no idea you know who was his Dad and what's her face was his sister! My mouth was hanging open and then I was LMAO.

I agree it is like nothing else on TV and is must-see for me. The creator of the show is definitely on his own track and not listening to anyone else. Rami Malek did an hour long podcast interview with Andy Greenwald on Grantland that is well worth your time if you are a fan. He leaves no doubt whose vision this show is and how the set operates. I think this is a good link http://grantland.com...-whats-to-come/ If not it is now on Youtube as well.

The theory about

his father

had been going around since near the beginning, and it had fair amount of foreshadowing, so I don't think it was supposed to be a major reveal. And I'm glad it wasn't dragged out much longer. His

sister

was just a shock though. I don't think anyone could have seen that coming. Many-a-jaw would have hit the floor.

I am very optimistic about the future of this show though. I find it hard to believe just how much creative freedom he's had while making it, and I hope he's allowed to continue mapping out his vision. The finale is next week, as far as I know. Should be excellent.

The theory about

his father

had been going around since near the beginning, and it had fair amount of foreshadowing, so I don't think it was supposed to be a major reveal. And I'm glad it wasn't dragged out much longer. His

sister

was just a shock though. I don't think anyone could have seen that coming. Many-a-jaw would have hit the floor.

I am very optimistic about the future of this show though. I find it hard to believe just how much creative freedom he's had while making it, and I hope he's allowed to continue mapping out his vision. The finale is next week, as far as I know. Should be excellent.

I agree. From what I heard on that interview, he'll walk before he allows them to change his vision and supposedly he has it mapped all the way to the end when it will stop. No stretching things out but Esmail says he has 4 or 5 seasons (Malek said a # but I forget) in his head so we are good to go.

Well, holy crap is all i can say...

How is it that his dad & sister neglected to tell him that they were siblings?, how did he forget his family, Is he crazy as bat ****, I'm confused :no:

How is it that his dad & sister neglected to tell him that they were siblings?, how did he forget his family, Is he crazy as bat ****, I'm confused :no:

LOL. I think only Sam Esmail knows but I am right there with you. This is good confusion, however, as compared to the confusion offered by True Detective this season. What a flop that was after last season's fireworks.

• Like 2

LOL. I think only Sam Esmail knows but I am right there with you. This is good confusion, however, as compared to the confusion offered by True Detective this season. What a flop that was after last season's fireworks.

Oh don't get me started on True Detective, What a let down that turned out to be :(

I have to admit I wasn't all that surprised with the ending.

The way Frank was saying goodbye to his girl just gave it away that he was going to be killed, also the same with Delcoro, the way he spoke to Bezzerides kind of let the audience know he wasn't going to make it out alive

Looks like I won't be able to catch it until tomorrow.

You guys are killing me.

Don't hit that spoiler button :)

Don't hit that spoiler button :)

Concur, don't hit spoiler, enjoy the ride. We'll wait till you watch, no worries.

I will say that I have been watching Christian Slater for years and he has done great things and p*** poor things but his work in this show, IMHO, moves him to the next level. I am very happy about that, BTW, and am admittedly biased but have no problem defending my opinion.

Edited by Merc14

They knew they were siblings (he recalled memories of growing up together). One of the main themes of this show is mental health, and the protagonist is schizophrenic. This, along with being addicted to morphine, is why he couldn't remember his sister. He lives in another world where his father is still alive. It's our job to try to figure out just how much of this world we are shown is real and how much is in his head.

• Like 1

Ok yeah, Holy Crap.

Ungortunately I got spoiled a little bit, but it was handled real well in the episode so it still had impact.

You really get a sense of Elliott's own personal terror.

Darlene's " Again?" Means it isn't the first time. Like how we hear Evil Corp instead if E corp, she has probably said something and Elliot edited it out.

Really hoping this can stay on track, this is getting nice and complicated and could easily bog down.

The show is supposed to be entirely from Elliott's point of view. Wonder if any of the scenes away from his pov are real.

You really get a sense of Elliott's own personal terror.

This is the role Rami Malek was born for.

• 2 weeks later...

I missed the last two weeks due to technical difficulties. Spoilers welcome please

Catch them online. Spoilers are crap compared to the show. (And I think you only missed one episode btw).

Catch them online. Spoilers are crap compared to the show. (And I think you only missed one episode btw).

I'll se if my hotel connection is good enough tonight.

• Like 1

I'll se if my hotel connection is good enough tonight.

Best to wait, as much as I would love to chuck you a spoiler :P