Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

China Seeks Role as Second Superpower

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostOverSword, on 02 November 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

I guess I may be reading it wrong and the phrase means they aren't happy with the current strength of the military and would like to develop it.

I think it may be that the military in China, at least according to its political leaders, is that it has too much influence and that its domestic power needs clipping.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#17    evil_kenshin

evil_kenshin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

View Post.AKUMA., on 05 November 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

And why shouldn't anyone trust china?
Have china started any wars in the past few years?
Has china invaded nations over oil?
Has china armed terrorists to over throw a nations government?
Has china invaded nations over a lie?
Has china launched drone strikes in territory belonging to its own "alleged" Allie, killing their civilians?
and the list goes on!
so who is more trustworthy

while I am no fan of america , the tibet and dali lama situation shows that china is no innocent.

#18    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,810 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 05 November 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

The Chinese have the patience to wait,maybe a 100 yrs to get what they want,the Western world doesn't have that.How is their economy booming when the rest of us are in the pit ?

Their economy is slowing, as is Indias. They have already boomed.

#19    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,810 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Edit: Sorry, double post

Edited by Orcseeker, 07 November 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#20    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,573 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 05 November 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

The Chinese have the patience to wait,maybe a 100 yrs to get what they want,the Western world doesn't have that.How is their economy booming when the rest of us are in the pit ?

Because they use slave labour to manufacture and trade products at a cheaper price than any western country can afford.  They have 13% of their population (approximately 130 million) living under the poverty line (less than $US1.25 a day per person).  This is only possible because of the strict political and military mono party domination of the communists. No Unions and no protesters are able to break this hegemony.  When they tried years ago thousands died (Tiananmen Square protests).

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#21    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

If money or resources get low, too expensive I bet China will just walk into neighbouring countries and take them over.  By then there will probably be no nation with the ability or the will to stop them.

Posted Image

#22    DarkHunter

DarkHunter

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

View Postskookum, on 08 November 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

If money or resources get low, too expensive I bet China will just walk into neighbouring countries and take them over.  By then there will probably be no nation with the ability or the will to stop them.

Stopping China wouldn't be as hard as everyone here seems to think it will be.  All one would have to do is to stop Chinese food production, if I remember correctly having a population of around 2 billion, starving them out would be rather easy.  It would be impossible for China to have enough food reserves to last any meaningful amount of time and what nation would be capable or willing to supply them with food.  Invading neighboring countries for food wouldn't be an option for China.  I doubt south east Asia could produce enough food for China and even if it could much of the food production would be damaged or destroyed, North Korea can't even feed themselves and South Korea I doubt produces enough food to feed China and even if it did I am sure the people their would fight to the death and destroy their food production to keep China from acquiring it, Mongolia isn't good for growing crops, India has an equally large population and would be extremely hard for China to invade successfully, I don't know much about Kazakhstan or the countries bordering China in that region but I doubt they could produce enough food for China.  Lastly invading Russia just wouldn't be an option.  

Even if they could conquer neighboring countries and get enough food to keep going all that would mean is that food production would just have to be destroyed.  Basically to stop China all it would take is a few bombing raids and cruise missile strikes with maybe a little naval bombardment as long as it target food production.

#23    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,862 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

View Post.AKUMA., on 05 November 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

Thats because your proberbley america
That's right I am American, what does that have to do with it?

#24    pbarosso

pbarosso

Psychic Spy

• 1,019 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

americans arent all dumb you know, what makes people think that? 2000 yrs ago, everyone was jealous of the roman empire...ok so everyone is jealous of the US, i understand.

anyone can see why china shouldnt be trusted. denying it will not make it any less dangerous. in survival of the fitest, its us or them. i choose us to survive.

the pursuit of knowledge will force you to pick a side. Choose wisely.
                                                --me

#25    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 9,218 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

View Postskookum, on 08 November 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Just look at what is happening in Africa. there are over 800,000 Chinese workers there. taking the natural resources. the Chinese openly admit they hope to increase the work force to 10 million by 2020. in order for the Chinese economy to grow they need resources and Africa is the place.

If you follow 'janes defence' you'll find the chinese military growth month on month is alarming, and only recently they launched their first aircraft carrier - okay it was old Russian refurbished carrier and currently has no planes. but its what the carrier symbolises, a bold China planning to project its force around the world.

in 2011 President Obama met with the British Prime minister and wants the UK to deploy the Royal Navy east of Suez, something we haven't done since handing over Hong Kong in 1997. - the future is always uncertain but the UK should be trebling the size of the Royal Navy. cutting back on the army - we've seen how costly it is to have a land based force embroiled in foreign lands. the UK as no plans to go empire building so an Army based on defense and expeditionary force. but with a strong Naval Force.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#26    jbondo

jbondo

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 10 November 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Just look at what is happening in Africa. there are over 800,000 Chinese workers there. taking the natural resources. the Chinese openly admit they hope to increase the work force to 10 million by 2020. in order for the Chinese economy to grow they need resources and Africa is the place.

If you follow 'janes defence' you'll find the chinese military growth month on month is alarming, and only recently they launched their first aircraft carrier - okay it was old Russian refurbished carrier and currently has no planes. but its what the carrier symbolises, a bold China planning to project its force around the world.

in 2011 President Obama met with the British Prime minister and wants the UK to deploy the Royal Navy east of Suez, something we haven't done since handing over Hong Kong in 1997. - the future is always uncertain but the UK should be trebling the size of the Royal Navy. cutting back on the army - we've seen how costly it is to have a land based force embroiled in foreign lands. the UK as no plans to go empire building so an Army based on defense and expeditionary force. but with a strong Naval Force.

You are dead on concerning Africa Steve. The Chinese have gone in there unopposed and are right now stripping the land of any resource they can. No licences, no agreements with land owners, nothing! They just walk in armed to the teeth and take whatever they please and leave behind stripped polluted land.

China has every intention of being the only power on this planet and live for the day they can destroy the US and UK. Like another poster mentioned, they will patiently wait it out too.

As for food, take a look at some videos on Youtube about chemical food produced in China. They make plastic rice and sell it to their own people who consume it because they have little alternative. Starving them out? Hah! Do you really think the Chinese gov cares if they lose half the population in taking over the planet? Those to first go in war are just less to feed! There are plenty more to step in. You're not going to starve them out.

While America heads toward the third world, China heads toward ruling the whole world.

Edited by jbondo, 10 November 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#27    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,396 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

I been warning this for years, knowing exactly what China wants because of their body language, their attitudes that contribute. They are not very good at hiding their body language at all, which allows me to know what their true posture towards other countries are.  They want to control the large swaths of the world and they will do it through military might if they can.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#28    DarkHunter

DarkHunter

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

View Postjbondo, on 10 November 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

As for food, take a look at some videos on Youtube about chemical food produced in China. They make plastic rice and sell it to their own people who consume it because they have little alternative. Starving them out? Hah! Do you really think the Chinese gov cares if they lose half the population in taking over the planet? Those to first go in war are just less to feed! There are plenty more to step in. You're not going to starve them out.

While America heads toward the third world, China heads toward ruling the whole world.

I don't even know where to start.  First nothing can or will replace food, China can create all the plastic rice or any other false food that it wants but it wouldn't solve the starvation problem destroying their food production would create.  While plastic rice may help remove the feeling of hunger by filling the stomach it doesn't stop starving since no nutrients are entering the body.  Second you don't seem to take into account the effects starving China would have.  What would they do if they did decide to go to war and their food production was destroyed.  Would they decide to give it solely to the military so they could keep fighting a little longer and starve their workforce thus destroying their ability to produce arms and armaments, let alone the problems that would ensure from bringing in new malnourished recruits to replace the dead and wounded.  Or maybe they would give the food to their workforce so they can keep producing the arms and armaments they would need and starve their military which would make their whole military unfit for combat.  China may not care about its civilians but it doesn't change the facts that without food any nation will fall and fall quickly, especially one the size of China.

#29    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,636 posts
  • Location:This new war has taken a toll on families, my part is coming to a close on this front, leaving soon on a mayday.

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Meh, America and the West cannot rule the world forever. We did a poor job of it too.

In either case I would rather see China and us both prosper.

The world needs less voices as heard on this thread and more cooperation.

#30    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,763 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Meh, America and the West cannot rule the world forever. We did a poor job of it too.

In that case, imagine how much worse it would be if the current china rules it ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users