Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Race VS Identity

the-Unexpected-Soul

i think about a lot of stuff but i don't have enough time to research about all of them

today just occurred to me this idea about race and identity, what i want to say is, i think that some one identity is much more important

than his race, and that the people and the politics of the world should focus on that aspect of the people more than they focus on people

race

i'll give an example, for the Amirecan people, the most important Bond that bind them, is the Amirecan identity not thier race or thier creed, or any thing else, if we should focus on everyone's race then disasters will start to happen, like will we start thinking about making

a country for people who are originally from France ?, a country for germans ?, a country for africans ?

i mean just the thought of it is disgusting,

while on the other side identity is flexible, you can idintefy who you are by the way you was raised

like if you was raised in an arabic country then you are an arab, you doesn't need to trace your ancestors back to know your origin, and then spend the rest of your life un satisfied with the conflict between your True identity and your body genes

also i think that at this age it's shameful that we still categorise people on their race, because that imply that there is some race better than the other and that's racism, and also races are not pure anymore they are mixed together and they will keep mixing more and more.

the issue of race sucks when applied in the real world like the Arabic / Jewish conflict

what sucks about it is that the jews wanna convince themselves that they are actually a race then they want to make that race a pure

one even though they are not pure to begin with but they still insist on that Path making them selfs isolated from others

and then they want to convince themselves and others that race matters, so they can say that thier race was in palastine

before other races especially the (Arab race), and that's why if you are of an arabic race then you should be kicked out of palestine

this is a long chain of backwardness, Built on race just to prove that you own some thing by inheritance,

so UM Members what do you think about all this, do you think that race really matter, or should people build their own identity based on more than just the race

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the-Unexpected-Soul

• and-then

• keninsc

• Redranger

Top Posters In This Topic

The way you explain it then Jews are racist and I, of course, reject that. The rationale for the Jewish people wanting their own homeland to remain for Jews is that if they do not...then the Arabs will out breed them and turn them out of their land by some sort of demographic default. As to the rest of what you say, I agree. Racism is outdated and only a cause for strife. But it is a human failing and may yet take many centuries to remove.

The way you explain it then Jews are racist and I, of course, reject that. The rationale for the Jewish people wanting their own homeland to remain for Jews is that if they do not...then the Arabs will out breed them and turn them out of their land by some sort of demographic default.

so who's fault is this, the Arabs should stop breeding!, adding to that we Arabs don't Hold to an Arabic race any more and that's maybe

started since the start of Islam because it opposed Tribalism and racism effectively, an Arab can marry to any race, i personally believe in an Arabic identity, so even you can be an Arab

As to the rest of what you say, I agree. Racism is outdated and only a cause for strife. But it is a human failing and may yet take many centuries to remove.

Agree, seems that we can agree on some thing, i thought you only spreed end of the time theories

i think about a lot of stuff but i don't have enough time to research about all of them

today just occurred to me this idea about race and identity, what i want to say is, i think that some one identity is much more important

than his race, and that the people and the politics of the world should focus on that aspect of the people more than they focus on people

race

i'll give an example, for the Amirecan people, the most important Bond that bind them, is the Amirecan identity not thier race or thier creed, or any thing else, if we should focus on everyone's race then disasters will start to happen, like will we start thinking about making

a country for people who are originally from France ?, a country for germans ?, a country for africans ?

i mean just the thought of it is disgusting,

while on the other side identity is flexible, you can idintefy who you are by the way you was raised

like if you was raised in an arabic country then you are an arab, you doesn't need to trace your ancestors back to know your origin, and then spend the rest of your life un satisfied with the conflict between your True identity and your body genes

People create there own identities, everyone has there own thoughts, desires, and morals. Just because "Bob"s skin color is _____, doesn't mean he is just like everyone else with that skin color.

Not everyone identifies themselves with the country they were born in. If someone moves from a nation at war, Im not gonna label them as an agressive, bad person because of where they came from. Hitler was German, he killed many people. Does that mean all Germans are killers? NO!

I always thought id funny that when the Jews said they wanted their own land, they were racist but when the Palestinians said the same thing they totally justified.

Perceptions?

People should be allowed to categorize themselves. Many already have both a racial, ethnic, or tribal identity as well as a national one where they might not all perfectly coincide.

It is up for collectives to allow access to outsiders to become integrated in their groups as well as for outsiders to assimilate. This happens but not in every case leaving us with the present state of affairs.

So there really is no race vs identity since some have both without having to choose one completely over the other even if at times concessions are made.

Your argument regarding Race and Judaism is absurd. It's evident that you need to educate yourself about identity formation.

Edited by rimbaudelaire